It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

InfoWars Banned from Facebook and iTunes

page: 30
<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2018 @ 03:17 AM
link   
I think this has been coming for a while.

I've felt it since I saw a clip of Jones talking about Rogan the other week, saying how Joe won't reply to his calls and playing a video of Rogan burying him on his podcast.

I think Joe knew because he cut all ties QUICK.

posted on Aug, 7 2018 @ 03:19 AM
link   
a reply to: ker2010

He should pull all government funding from these companies, which goes to the tune of billions of dollars. It's a drain on our economy and we are literally paying our own tax dollars to help these ideologues to run their own personal monopolies and censor conservative views. It's #ing insane.

posted on Aug, 7 2018 @ 03:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Konduit
a reply to: SailorJerry

What if ATS, Apple, Google, YouTube, Twitter, FaceBook, Spotify and every other monopoly that controls over 90% of social media decided to coordinate and ban me all at once because they didn't like my opinions? I'd essentially be banned from the internet, and paying for them to do it.

They shouldn't get another dime of government subsidies if they want to discriminate like this.

Alex Jones makes money by spewing crap.
Alex Jones is a brand, his shows are the product.
Apple is a business.
Apple doesn't like what Alex Jones is selling.
Alex Jones can do his business somewhere else.
Alex Jones can still sphew crap on the internet, no one has violated his freedom of speech.
It's not that hard to understand.
Apple does not need to sell all the crap that is out there. Capiche?

edit on 7-8-2018 by ErrorErrorError because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2018 @ 03:32 AM
link   
a reply to: ErrorErrorError

The same can be said for literally every mainstream media outlet out there. The fact is these companies like google, facebook and youtube have monopolized free speech on the internet. They're a monopoly.

They also directly work with institutions of media and government to do this. All these companies banned AJ within the same day, and Democratic congressman Ted Deutch just last week called for these platforms to ban Infowars before the mid term elections. Really raises the question of collusion.

You think this is a coincidence? Wake up. We are reliving in a sad iteration of 1930's Germany all over again.

edit on 7-8-2018 by Konduit because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2018 @ 03:53 AM
link   
These are the type of blue checkmarks Silicon Valley's liberal elite have no problem hosting on their platforms. Dark times ahead my friends.

edit on 7-8-2018 by Konduit because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2018 @ 04:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Konduit

Yeah, that stuff is fine. You can't be racist against white people bro!! Ya didn't get the memo?

posted on Aug, 7 2018 @ 04:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Swills

Still a bunch of apps on my Android for Alex Jones and Infowars.

posted on Aug, 7 2018 @ 04:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Konduit

I'm you sure can continue watching his videos on his website.

posted on Aug, 7 2018 @ 04:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Saiker

At what point does a private company become a monopoly over the majority of free speech.

Never, if you understand what free speech is.

No company controls your freedom of speech and it’s absolutely eye opening how many people (yes, you’re included) either skipped this day in school or had dropped out by the time they got around to this subject. You’re conflating two absolutely separate things.

posted on Aug, 7 2018 @ 04:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Spacespider
Does not matter if you know, or liked info wars.. what matters is this is the beginning to silence free speech on the internet.
So I guess we should all be angry about this and demand free speech, but hay.. they start off slow with wiping out some lesser know sources and then slowly but surly creating a global controlled platform of information.
This is just the beginning.

Silence free speech on the internet? Are you no longer able to access Inforwars’ website?

I’m late to the party and on page 3 but this seems to be the sentiment. That Alex had his right to free speech taken away. I don’t listen to his show anymore, but I’d LOVE to see him to push this as far as he could go in the judicial system. I believe he’d get all of nowhere with it, which is why he won’t.

He will tell his followers that his 1st amendment right is being violated, but won’t take any legal action because he’s actually a pretty smart guy and knows that what he says is bunk.

posted on Aug, 7 2018 @ 05:56 AM
link   

Its not just Infowars dummies. You are the Infowars now if you like it or not. Its a reality war.
Without your commitment they'll get away with it and let the reality fade from your awareness...again. Its scary. My favorite - "Think Like A Cop" is a strike from disappearing too. If they control MSM AND the internet AND the money they control the reality and most of the population lives in a simulation. They control the schools, your kids, science...
Its not hard to understand its not a game.
I believe most people are ready for a little discomfort when someone else organizes a nasty boycott to cut the beast couple of heads.
Its important to stay in touch with Infowars and subscribe to a newsletter if you havent yet. Even if you think you dont like them. Just read the headlines if nothing else. With enough people in a sleep paralysis, they could rig the election and screw the world...again.
These dinosaurs became a completely fake lala-land now. Its time to finish them. Do you think they wont feel it when a half of the users move away? Dont be a fool and sell the stocks while you can still make cash. Apple is too high for a Chinese company. It's a bubble. It will blow into their stinking faces. They made it clear they are the enemy. Trading with them is paying for your chains
edit on 7/8/2018 by PapagiorgioCZ because: yeah

posted on Aug, 7 2018 @ 06:08 AM
link   
a reply to: GeechQuestInfo

I fail to see this as a first amendment issue
AJ accepted (with approval) the T&C's, fully aware his rights to free expression would be limited.

edit on 7-8-2018 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2018 @ 06:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: kurthall
a reply to: Sublimecraft

You people are nuts! You care more about Face Book and twitter banning a liar, than the attack on our own democracy. This is not attack of free speech! Its an attack of hate speech, which Alex Jones is famous for.

His lies are all available for you right here.....www.infowars.com...

No rights were infringed upon!

Once upon a time this would've been the prevailing cheer on ATS, now it's just a faint whisper.

Must be why I hardly ever stop by here any more.

posted on Aug, 7 2018 @ 06:46 AM
link   
a reply to: VelvetSplash

It is repetition that causes boredom.

Be the change you seek.

Be the OP that sets the standard.

Be part of the solution, not part of the problem.

Be wise in your choices. 😎

posted on Aug, 7 2018 @ 06:51 AM
link   
It's only more publicity for Alex.

He is big enough to survive FB and ITunes banning him/ website. ⛔ 🆗️

posted on Aug, 7 2018 @ 07:01 AM
link   

After 20 pages of I don't know how many posts like:

Less people are going ti care than you think.... Jones is borderline Storm Front..... And should be shunned

and

Perhaps the numerous lawsuits because his listeners harass and make death threats to people because Jones tells them sandy hook didn't happen. Or because he encourages people to harass others because Obama wife "is man" I dont even like Obama but christ a got damn infant can see he's stirring hate

You seem to have come to where you at least try to give a reasonable account of your opinions. I might not agree with everything you've said but I at least understand for the last 10 pages that you are not just some crank troll. Your viewpoint at least makes sense to me now and perhaps to other people also.

posted on Aug, 7 2018 @ 07:12 AM
link   

The same can be said for literally every mainstream media outlet out there. The fact is these companies like google, facebook and youtube have monopolized free speech on the internet. They're a monopoly.

They also directly work with institutions of media and government to do this. All these companies banned AJ within the same day, and Democratic congressman Ted Deutch just last week called for these platforms to ban Infowars before the mid term elections. Really raises the question of collusion.

You think this is a coincidence? Wake up. We are reliving in a sad iteration of 1930's Germany all over again.

Keyword is COMPANIES.
They are free to decide who they want to do business with.
Infowars is still up , yes ?
You could argue the free speech angle if had they taken down infowars.
But they havent.
Alex Gay frog Jones is still free to post whatever crap he wants on the internet, just not on youtube,facebook or Apple.
So there is no nazi germany methods or repression of free speech.

posted on Aug, 7 2018 @ 07:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: ErrorErrorError

Keyword is COMPANIES.
They are free to decide who they want to do business with.
Infowars is still up , yes ?
You could argue the free speech angle if had they taken down infowars.
But they havent.
Alex Gay frog Jones is still free to post whatever crap he wants on the internet, just not on youtube,facebook or Apple.
So there is no nazi germany methods or repression of free speech.

I believe the potential issue here comes from involvement of politicians. If there has been any coercion by house reps or senators then these platforms are really just a vehicle for factions within the Govt to shut down speech they don't like.
Has there been any coercion? Behind the scenes discussions? Who knows, but the coordination between platforms is worrying and we have had some public calls from politicians for this to happen.

posted on Aug, 7 2018 @ 08:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: ketsuko

By my count you are the third person in the thread who just compared Apple exercising its right to do business with who it wants to Nazis stealing people off the streets and sending them to death camps. That Godwin violation makes your entire point moot.

Wow, did I?

No.

I used the Neimoller quote because it's appropriate to what they're trying, not because they're Nazis, but because of the strategy. You start your censorship by getting your nose in the door with one example at the extreme that very few are going to want to defend.

I mean, really, who wants to defend Alex Jones? Dude is a nut.

But if we don't and they succeed, then they move on down the food chain until they get to even you, Krazy Dear.

What do you not get that this is about them limiting what is displayed on THEIR SYSTEMS?! They own the infrastructure, they own the servers, they pay for their servers to be connected to the rest of the internet. Why would they not be able to control or limit what is displayed on THEIR SERVERS?

That quote is used to describe the government and its assault on your freedoms and your ability to live safely.. Facebook, Google, Twitter are PRIVATE COMPANIES. They are free to decide what violates their terms of service ANY TIME THEY WANT.

The amount of ignorance on this thread is disturbing..

The government is not limiting your freedom of speech... a PRIVATE company is limiting what is displayed on equipment they own. Nothing more, nothing less.

posted on Aug, 7 2018 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Will be interesting to see how the people justifying these actions against Jones react when the ban hammer hits them. What is peculiar here is that voices from the left, much more extreme are being given a pass.

What if this was done against outlets protesting the Iraq war or Wall Street back then. Which presumably the the same people championing this clear act of censorship supported.

I know sensitivity and everybody gets a trophy is the flavor of the month, but people shouldn't be so quick to conclude what the bigger picture of a move like this means for everybody. Not just those on the right.

new topics

top topics

<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join