It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

InfoWars Banned from Facebook and iTunes

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 07:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flatcoat

originally posted by: SailorJerry

originally posted by: Saiker
a reply to: SailorJerry

At what point does a private company become a monopoly over the majority of free speech.

Free speech doesn't cover hate speech and companies have a right to not allow it....

Welcome to the united states, capitalism, and freedom cupcake

And who gave them the moral authority to decide what is and isn't "hate speech"?

Common sense and anyone that's listened to him for more than 5 min

But what do I know I'm just an old sailor from middle tnn that's served w every race, color and sexual oref under the sun...

The man is a hateful person that spews more hatred to rile his base....

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 07:53 AM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Ok. That's good for you, but why is it a problem for you if I don't listen to them? I listen to Amazon Music and my own giant collection of music.

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 07:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: Flatcoat

Their profit margins costumer base.

You did see the word "moral" in there right? I never mentioned their rights as a private company.

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 07:56 AM
link   

I did, but what do morals have to do with what a corporation does or doesn't do?

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 07:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Saiker

At what point does a private company become a monopoly over the majority of free speech.

Free speech doesn't cover hate speech and companies have a right to not allow it....

Welcome to the united states, capitalism, and freedom cupcake

And who gave them the moral authority to decide what is and isn't "hate speech"?

Perhaps the numerous lawsuits because his listeners harass and make death threats to people because Jones tells them sandy hook didn't happen.

Or because he encourages people to harass others because Obama wife "is man"

I dont even like Obama but christ a got damn infant can see he's stirring hate
edit on 6-8-2018 by SailorJerry because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Dble hate phone posting

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 07:57 AM
link   

I'm no fan of Jones at all, but "hate speech" is such a subjective term that there is no way of quantifying it.

+4 more 
posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 07:58 AM
link   
Does not matter if you know, or liked info wars.. what matters is this is the beginning to silence free speech on the internet.
So I guess we should all be angry about this and demand free speech, but hay.. they start off slow with wiping out some lesser know sources and then slowly but surly creating a global controlled platform of information.
This is just the beginning.

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 07:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

a reply to: Sublimecraft

Less people are going ti care than you think....

Opinion noted.

Even so, they will care about the principle of blatant double standards, because that is what is at stake here.

*double standards

Nah just morons harrassing parents or mrdered kids and screaming stuff about gay frogs.

Are any on the left as famous, demented and extremist as Jones et al? Or rely soley on fake content?

If Jones doesn't like it - he can set up his own site instead of breaking the rles of others. It's called freedomn.
edit on 6-8-2018 by bastion because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 07:59 AM
link   

I'm no fan of Jones at all, but "hate speech" is such a subjective term that there is no way of quantifying it.

Lol there most certainly is a way of quantifying it

And in Jones case its easy

Maybe not in others, but in his, literally a 4th grader could do it

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 08:01 AM
link   

I did, but what do morals have to do with what a corporation does or doesn't do?

Because they've just labeled something as "hate speech" so, for all intents and purposes it is now "hate speech".

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 08:01 AM
link   
a reply to: bastion

That's just as irritating too

People defend Jones, then lose it on CNN for fake news

Where's their standard all the sudden? They freaking lose the ability to decipher?

Another glaring example of how you see whose about bias over truth

+11 more 
posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 08:02 AM
link   
a reply to: bastion

Today, Candace Owens was banned on twitter for 12 hours for posting the EXACT same tweets as the lefts newest star but substituted the word 'white' for 'black' and 'jew'.

The lefts newest star got a pass, Owens got banned, then an apology due to 'algorithm error'

It's happening across all platforms.

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 08:03 AM
link   

So? That is just their opinion and reasoning for banning the content.

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 08:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: bastion

Opinion noted.

Even so, they will care about the principle of blatant double standards, because that is what is at stake here.

*double standards

Nah just morons harrassing parents or mrdered kids and screaming stuff about gay frogs.

Are any on the left as famous, demented and extremist as Jones et al? Or rely soley on fake content?

If Jones doesn't like it - he can set up his own site instead of breaking the rles of others. It's called freedomn.

Good question. There doesn't seem to be any equivalent to Jones on the Left that has put themselves in a similar situation. So to say this is a matter of a double standard is false, unless you subscribe to a false equivalence.

It's funny how some claim to be all about freedoms, yet whine when people use their freedoms in ways they do not like.

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 08:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

Opinion noted.

*double standards

Good question. There doesn't seem to be any equivalent to Jones on the Left that has put themselves in a similar situation. So to say this is a matter of a double standard is false, unless you subscribe to a false equivalence.

It's funny how some claim to be all about freedoms, yet whine when people use their freedoms in ways they do not like.

Today, Candace Owens was banned on twitter for 12 hours for posting the EXACT same tweets as the lefts newest star but substituted the word 'white' for 'black' and 'jew'.

The lefts newest star got a pass, Owens got banned, then an apology due to 'algorithm error'

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 08:09 AM
link   

So? That is just their opinion and reasoning for banning the content.

Yes, but the trouble is that reasoning could be applied to anything or anyone at any time....you don't see the problem?

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 08:09 AM
link   

a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Ok. That's good for you, but why is it a problem for you if I don't listen to them? I listen to Amazon Music and my own giant collection of music.

I didn’t say it was a problem.....

I was just saying that there are actually some pretty good podcasts out there

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 08:10 AM
link   

But what do I know I'm just an old sailor from middle tnn that's served w every race, color and sexual oref under the sun...

The man is a hateful person that spews more hatred to rile his base....

What in the world are you talking about? Can you give an example?

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 08:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

Opinion noted.

*double standards

You say that she was given an apology and unbanned.

So what's your point?

They corrected their "mistake".

Correct?
edit on 6-8-2018 by introvert because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-8-2018 by introvert because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join