It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

InfoWars Banned from Facebook and iTunes

page: 29
<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2018 @ 12:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Konduit
a reply to: SailorJerry

If they want to play politics and de-platform people like AJ and Diamond and Silk because of contrived "hate speech" which is never clearly defined, then they shouldn't get a dime of government subsidies... let alone billions of dollars of our tax money. I wonder how fast they would change their tune then.

He still has his platform, they took nothing personal away from him, he still has his company and everything else thats his, with free reign to do what he wants.

The only thing they took away was his ability to post on THEIR platform.

Just like if ATS banned you for something they didnt like you saying.

posted on Aug, 7 2018 @ 12:08 AM
link   

You realize some governments are influenced by corporations, and that some corporations have turned into political tyrants. Plus, they are using the same tactics straight out of Hitler's handbook.

You should be ashamed for defending these oppressive tech giants. You know they don't value the American way.

disgusting....

posted on Aug, 7 2018 @ 12:10 AM
link   

What if ATS, Apple, Google, YouTube, Twitter, FaceBook, Spotify and every other monopoly that controls over 90% of social media decided to coordinate and ban me all at once because they didn't like my opinions? I'd essentially be banned from the internet, and paying for them to do it.

They shouldn't get another dime of government subsidies if they want to discriminate like this.

edit on 7-8-2018 by Konduit because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2018 @ 12:18 AM
link   

What if ATS, Apple, Google, YouTube, Twitter, FaceBook, Spotify and every other monopoly that controls over 90% of social media decided to coordinate and ban me all at once because they didn't like my opinions? I'd essentially be banned from the internet, and paying for them to do it.

They shouldn't get another dime of government subsidies if they want to discriminate like this.

Thats the thing, it wasnt just about NOT LIKING, his opinion.

His opinions were causing a problem and potentially getting people hurt.

His whole Pizzapong blah whatever it is , almost got someone shot when a dude came in with a gun demanding to see the basement where the children were being held as sex slaves because Jones claimed thats where they were being held.

his rhetoric about Sandy Hook being fake, led one family to have to move 7 times, another ongoing death threats, and another having to literally go underground.

He accused the Chursh shooting in Texas of being staged and faked too, and there is even a video of a few of his listeners going being harassed to the point the guy was threatening the pastor of the church.

Hes accused politicians of being pedophiles and having sex with children with NO proof given.

Ok this isnt just, ideas and having a left or right wing bent, these are all incredibly slanderous and dangerous and they have every right to terminate that contract.
edit on 7-8-2018 by SailorJerry because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2018 @ 12:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: imitator

You realize some governments are influenced by corporations, and that some corporations have turned into political tyrants. Plus, they are using the same tactics straight out of Hitler's handbook.

You should be ashamed for defending these oppressive tech giants. You know they don't value the American way.

disgusting....

Why would i be ashamed for companies doing whats best for their bottom line?

Thats the free market system

You guys were fine with Gunn getting fired because it upheld Disneys standards, and his comments were 10 years ago.

Youre hypocrites.

posted on Aug, 7 2018 @ 12:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: SailorJerry

originally posted by: imitator

disgusting....

Why would i be ashamed for companies doing whats best for their bottom line?

you know what that sounds like... what is best for the furor!

Führe

edit on 34083431am312018Tue, 07 Aug 2018 00:34:18 -0500 by imitator because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2018 @ 12:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: thepixelpusher

a reply to: thepixelpusher

oh please.

No one CAME for jones.

Companies decided to sever ties, no one silened him. He has his company, his radio contracts, his website, his TV show, all of it.

No one is taking any of that away from him

And you trying to equivocate that Niemoller poem, to what happen to jones is an INSULT to everyone it was written about.

They actually DIED because their GOV came after them and rounded the up.

Not because a private company dropped their service.

Honestly thats effing disgusting.

Oh please, you don't recognize Fashistic censorship!? Jeeez!!! They took his free speech away! Are you identifying with your captor?? Older people from Germany that remember the Nazi's will tell you this is how it started.

Censorship in Nazi Germany

Censorship was rampant throughout Nazi Germany. Censorship ensured that Germans could only see what the Nazi hierarchy wanted people to see, hear what they wanted them to hear and read only what the Nazis deemed acceptable. The Nazi police dealt with anyone who went outside of these boundaries. Censorship dominated the lives of the ordinary citizen in Nazi Germany.

No i dont, i see a company well within its rights of its on T and C to terminate a poster who has a history of posting videos that could get people hurt or put people in danger.

I also dont see a gov intervention here, these are all private companies.

Did you even learn history kid? You keep trying to draw these lines that arent there.

The gov didnt sensor him at all, he still has all his own formats , no ones shut him down.

Try again

Older people from Germany that remember the Nazi's will tell you this is how it started.

Older people from Germany would be pissed off your dishonoring their families and friends by comparing an action by a private company to , being rounded up and sent to death camps at gunpoint.

Older people from Germany would be pissed off your dishonoring their families and friends by comparing an action by a private company to , being rounded up and sent to death camps at gunpoint.

No ex-germans have pointed out the left's intolerance mirrors what happened in Germany and it makes them uncomfortable, but maybe you should be more aware. Fascism is the platform of Democrats.

posted on Aug, 7 2018 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Thats the thing, it wasnt just about NOT LIKING, his opinion.

His opinions were causing a problem and potentially getting people hurt.

His whole Pizzapong blah whatever it is , almost got someone shot when a dude came in with a gun demanding to see the basement where the children were being held as sex slaves because Jones claimed thats where they were being held.

Here's what Alex Jones really said about Pizzagate and Comet Ping Pong.

You see how fake narratives and media manipulation works now?

posted on Aug, 7 2018 @ 12:43 AM
link   
Welcome to the Brave New World.

posted on Aug, 7 2018 @ 12:45 AM
link   
This is like Infowars is banned from youtube, twitter, etc., too!

How could Infowars stay online?!

I know.

By doing their own website!

How simple!
How independent!

Yes, I am mocking this whole thread pushing content providers to provide content they do not want to provide. Because it is not their job. But neither is Infowars BANNED from being online.

posted on Aug, 7 2018 @ 01:00 AM
link   
4 separate companies came together and acted in unison - a huge chunk of worldwide media worked as a monopoly to act on whats allowed, regardless of their claims to be unbiased.

posted on Aug, 7 2018 @ 01:01 AM
link   

Welcome to the Brave New World.

Then why arent they banning Shapirro and Crowder?

If its all just a far right conspiracy,

Or even Milo? Hes been horrible

yet no issues? And they would be the bigger more deliberate targets, theyve had tons of protested , HEAVILY protested talks around the US. Shapirro had to have hundreds of officers and security protect him at one event.

Hes not seeing this issue.

No bans there.

So is it REALLY banning conservative talk, or just banning the dangerous drivel?
edit on 7-8-2018 by SailorJerry because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2018 @ 01:04 AM
link   
Pinterest now added to the list.
The level of coordination is worrying and it is getting close to the line now that members of the house are calling for more people to be censored. If there was any coordination between members of congress and these platforms then it does create a first amendment issue.

posted on Aug, 7 2018 @ 01:11 AM
link   

First they came for Milo, and I didn't say anything because I was woke.
Then they quarantined T_D on reddit, and I didn't say anything because I was woke.
Then they scrubbed Alex Jones from the internet, and I didn't say anything because I was woke.

You think this is end? News flash; this is just the beginning.

YouTube and FaceBook is starting an initiative next month, dumping hundreds of millions of dollars into CNN, TYT, and other far-left news groups as a featured and promoted news source on their website to combat "fake news" ie. wrong think. This is all coming to a head just before the mid term elections. You think this is a coincidence? They are simply clearing the field.

posted on Aug, 7 2018 @ 01:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Flatcoat

The very last secret idea was hidden in plain sight, Jack. All authority -- especially the moral kind -- comes from power expressed through wealth and influence. It is the oldest game going and there has never been a time when it wasn't true. Anyone who tells you different is selling you their weakness.

posted on Aug, 7 2018 @ 01:23 AM
link   
a reply to: 0zzymand0s

Villains who twirl their mustaches are easy to spot. Those who clothe themselves in good deeds are well camouflaged.

posted on Aug, 7 2018 @ 01:46 AM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

For once, we allign with some agreement.
I don't agree with many things Alex Jones says, but i will defend his right to free speech. The irony here is that these big corporations basically proved Alex Jones's point on the censorship and basically turned him into a martyr.

essentially these big internet giants demonstrate that they have the absolute power and are willing to use that power to silence those they disagree with.

This is exactly what most of us are fighting against. Do you see now where we come from? It was always about protecting liberty, not just the few, but for all. It is a basic human right, and these big techs are basically destroying that human right.

It doesnt matter what we think of Alex Jones, what matters is that if they can do this to him, they can do it to anyone they dont agree with. I can bet you after they are done with conservatives, the liberals are next.

How far will they go?

Time will tell, but it seems we will find out soon anyways.

Cheers on your stance for free speech.

posted on Aug, 7 2018 @ 01:56 AM
link   

a reply to: 0zzymand0s

Villains who twirl their mustaches are easy to spot. Those who clothe themselves in good deeds are well camouflaged.

Putin would be proud of the Tech companies Collusion to silence free speech.

posted on Aug, 7 2018 @ 01:57 AM
link   
Its funny

Im going to link back to this post the next time Maxine watters says something inflammatory or calling for action,and everyone starts freaking out.

Im a conservative and I honestly find the outcry against this is based not on principle but on tribes.

You dont care about truth, you dont care about what is real, its just about WHO is saying what you believe

So next time another personality says something that you find inflammatory and you call for her removal, this thread will be throw right back at you.

posted on Aug, 7 2018 @ 03:09 AM
link   
Imagine how crazy all the Liberals would go if Trump just gave Alex Jones a job in the White House LMAO !!!!

edit on 7-8-2018 by ker2010 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

join