It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

InfoWars Banned from Facebook and iTunes

page: 26
<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 09:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: SailorJerry

originally posted by: SummerRain
a reply to: SailorJerry

So, no evidence then. Thought as much.

This is the equivalent of blowing a whistle and screaming to the sky. No substance to it. Congrats.

Except if you google "Alex Jones hate speech" you'll get pages and pages of videos.

But hey whatever keeps ya as stupid as you wanna be.

We already have an issue in this country w people being spoon fed information w out the ability to actually research for themselves. I refuse to aid that mental problem

Like I said I'm not going to pour truth down the neck of people who have no interest in actually hearing it.

Just don't let me see you on other threads accusing anyone of not being informed when you are actively choosing to stay ignorant

I'll make sure to link this screen shot of you doing it

I just googled that, switched to video and looked at 5 pages. Every single entry was about Jones being censored, not one was any example of hate speech. Try it yourself if you don't believe it.

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 09:07 PM
link   
People also need to realize that Google (YouTube), Apple, Facebook, Twitter etc. all of these companies have been subsidized by the government.

If they are taking government money, which is actually our money, the taxpayers, they should be held accountable to uphold the law especially pertaining to the constitution... rather than thought policing and promoting censorship to suit a political agenda. It's disgusting.

Personally, I would cut all subsidies and funding to these companies until they figured out that they shouldn't use their monopoly over social media to de-platform and censor people they disagree with.

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 09:26 PM
link   
a reply to: toms54

Same here.

Looking at InfoWars current news: I'm assuming they mean this link and articles?
Australian Military Academy Bans Gender-Specific Pronouns

Activist Wikipedia Editors Forbid Any Mention Of Sarah Jeong’s Racist Tweets In Her Page
Candace Owens Swaps “White” For “Jewish” In Sarah Jeong Tweet, Gets Suspended

As Sarah Jeong explained she wrote those racist tweets in reply to the trolling/bullying she was going through as an Asian journalist.

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 09:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Konduit

You’re wrong. Just like ATS can kick you out of here screaming FREE SPEECH if you violate their terms these companies can perfectly well deny anyone their platform if they deem they have broken their rules.

That in itself is free speech, to deny you their platform

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 09:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell

So censorship is free speech.

Orwell much?

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 09:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

But that would be due to violating T&C, not for merely bucking The Establishment.

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 09:35 PM
link   

So how much money has ATS taken in government subsidies? Just curious.

These companies have taken billions of dollars in taxpayer funded subsidies and use their platforms as a vehicle to drive a political agenda. They should be held to some sort of standard. If they want to de-platform and censor people because of their bias, they shouldn't get a dime from the government to do it. It's a very bad precedent.

edit on 6-8-2018 by Konduit because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 09:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Orwell much?

Ok, it's censorship and stay out of my shop with your stupid MAGA hat and those lame brown shoes.

There's your free speech....You happy now!!

edit on 6-8-2018 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 09:37 PM
link   

You’re wrong. Just like ATS can kick you out of here screaming FREE SPEECH if you violate their terms these companies can perfectly well deny anyone their platform if they deem they have broken their rules.

Yeah, problem is when an alternative pops up they are demonetized and have to close doors.

When the financial entities are partisan and against free speech. What then?

Without financing there is no way to run a big platform, and if your followers are blocked from paying you, the link between consumer and supplier necessary for the free market is cut.

This is without mentioning domain registrars denying you service, impeding you from having your own platform.

In the free market, free speech triumphs. Solo, Marvel Comics, that have embrace radical leftist ideology they fail in the market.

Right now Alex was being quite successful, and it seems they fear the effects on the midterms. But banning him will only add fire to @walkaway

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 09:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Orwell much?

Yes, it is. A part of freedom is the freedom to refuse. Just like the people who don’t want to bake cakes for gay marriage ceremonies

And it's not censorship if a private company denies you their platform if they deem you violate their rules.

Jones can freely create his own platform and freely run his big mouth

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Yes, it is. A part of freedom is the freedom to refuse.

You mean like this:

Too bad AJ hasnt been selling gay wedding cakes in his online store all this time, but survival stuff for when snip inevitably hits the fan... F that burn him to the ground and torture his children.

edit on 6-8-2018 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 09:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: dreamingawake
a reply to: toms54

As Sarah Jeong explained she wrote those racist tweets in reply to the trolling/bullying she was going through as an Asian journalist.

That's kind of strange, considering none of those tweets were in the form of a reply to anyone, or mentioned any user specifically, or mentioned anything about her being under attack or bullied... until she got called out for it and started playing the victim, right on cue.

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 09:51 PM
link   
BTW, I’m one of the few here who has called for the government to break up Google, Facebook, Apple and all these powerful monopolies.

Though that has nothing to do with Jones. Since any platform has the perfect right to deny access to groups or individuals they deem who violate their rules.

Jones, if he feels violated, should go ahead and sue.

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 09:54 PM
link   

if you violate their terms these companies can perfectly well deny anyone their platform if they deem they have broken their rules.

Those violations against Jones is mostly fabricated.

There is no political equality with liberal media giants, they do not support free speech or believe in American values. They unjustly banned Jones on fictitious lies.

Straight up tyrannical censorship.

But I'm sure Jones is loving it.... because that means he was right the whole time.

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 09:54 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

No, that’s illegal according to federal law

Nothing is absolute, my friend.

Go in a movie theatre and yell fire, and if there ain't no fire your going to jail

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 09:55 PM
link   
a reply to: imitator

If he feels that way he can go and do a lawsuit

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Keep it up.

Defend censorship.

SMH

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 09:59 PM
link   
The market has decided.

If Alex Jones was making Apple money, the fruitcake would still be on itunes.

There is a point of diminishing returns on crazy, and Alex Jones has reached his.

Do you want itunes to keep Alex Jones and lose money just to prove a point about how private businesses love free speech?

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Then this isnt a case of "we dont serve your kind here"??

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 10:03 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

It might be. Hey, it’s a rough world.

top topics

<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join