It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

InfoWars Banned from Facebook and iTunes

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 12:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: JDmOKI

Why should I explain anything to you? I didn't kick AJ off of Apple. Apple did. Ask them.

I'm not asking apple I'm asking you... Are you deflecting?

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 12:31 PM
link   

YES! Fascism is a form of government. If a corporation started acting fascist they'd be kicked out of the country or the executives sent to jail and the company shuttered. A corporation can't legally start sending people to concentration camps.

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 12:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

So the only time I'd have a problem is if the government started blocking websites

So then you are for and agree with the republicans repealing of net neutrality ?

With the republicans repeal of net neutrality the gov't isn't blocking the websites , it will be private companies that will be blocking the websites much like facebook blocking infocrap.

edit on 33831America/ChicagoMon, 06 Aug 2018 12:33:46 -0500000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 12:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: JDmOKI

Why should I explain anything to you? I didn't kick AJ off of Apple. Apple did. Ask them.

Well I'm telling you that I don't care about the legitimacy of their reasoning. I'm only defending their right to do it. So too bad. Go ask Apple if you really want to know the answer to this question.

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 12:33 PM
link   
a reply to: SailorJerry

Then let the legal system sort it out...not some agenda-ridden morality board. Timmey Cook should be mindful, it was one thought that being Gay was an offense under the law.
edit on 6-8-2018 by thepixelpusher because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 12:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

OK I don't like info wars but explain to me how he pushed hate speech. Better if they just say they don't like infowars and spare me the hate speech excuse

In the near future. . .

"Your post sounds a lot like hate speech". . . (grabs a ban hammer. . . . )

Yea the term hate speech is so over used. its hard for me to take it seriously without being skeptical.

How to win arguments in 2018 just yell hate speech

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 12:35 PM
link   
When I 1st started on ATS Jones was a joke by both left and right what happened?.

link   
a reply to: interupt42

sounds like you want legislation passed that makes the internet a right.

the only way you can force companies to provide hosting, or provide bandwidth, is by making it a right. Or by regulating it as a utility. Which will bring costs affiliated with the bloat that regulates.

link   
Youtube have now also permanently banned his channel.
Personally, I think these platforms can allow or not allow what they want.
I am, however, somewhat suspicious of the coordination here.

edit on 6/8/2018 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 12:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: thepixelpusher
a reply to: SailorJerry

Then let the legal system sort it out...not some morality board.

They are

But private companies also have the right to decide who is on their formats.

Don't like the free market, move to a country that let's the gov run them all

link   

originally posted by: interupt42

So the only time I'd have a problem is if the government started blocking websites

So then you are for an agree with the republicans repealing of net neutrality ?

NO! Repealing or allowing net neutrality has nothing to do with blocking websites. Good god your circular reasoning is getting tedious.

With the republicans repeal of net neutrality the gov't isn't blocking the websites , it will be private companies that will be blocking the websites much like facebook blocking infocrap.

No. Again you don't understand net neutrality. Net neutrality is for the ISP's not to throttle access to content or provide fast lanes to websites to pay ISPs to send their content quicker. It has NOTHING to do with Facebook allowing or not allowing certain content on their website. They have ALWAYS been able to do that. It's called a EULA or end user license agreement or they have something like a T&S like ATS. You literally have no clue what you are talking about.
edit on 6-8-2018 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

link   
This will only make more people sick of voting and trusting the MSM and cause more and more people eventually to understand MSM is nothing more than a political tool for Washington D.C. so they can get rich and wealthy.Also a very dangerous game to play with censorship,they did this to Ron Paul as well and it is a matter of time intel Rand Paul is gone as well.Also a matter of time until these control addicts start kicking off Sean Hannity voices of conservatives. NWO sick evil control of propaganda and hatred of conservatives going as planned.
edit on 6-8-2018 by Jobeycool because: (no reason given)

link   

Maybe he's against free speech, or maybe he doesn't have American values.
He could be from China or Europe as hate speech is actually a European thing that's being pushed here.

Whereas hate speech is simply free speech.

edit on 42084231pm312018Mon, 06 Aug 2018 12:42:00 -0500 by imitator because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 12:37 PM
link   

YES! Fascism is a form of government. If a corporation started acting fascist they'd be kicked out of the country or the executives sent to jail and the company shuttered. A corporation can't legally start sending people to concentration camps.

Quite a loose interpretation you got considering we live in 2018 where term nazi is thrown out like candy. I agree they can do what they want but you endorse censorship if it doesn't fit your narrative. Just stay consistent and I'd agree with you.

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 12:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: testingtesting
When I 1st started on ATS Jones was a joke by both left and right what happened?.

He supported trump and Trump supporters lost their damn minds

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 12:39 PM
link   
It is not about InfoWars. It is about the action that took place. Do NONE of you defending YouTube see the issue?

Corporations deciding what is right...and wrong...for other to do and produce. This is not simply banning some videos. It is about deciding if what a person is doing is wrong.

Alex Jones is not hurting anyone with his videos.
Alex Jones is not promoting hate.

Yet, the 3 largest social/online media/tech organizations have banned him.

I can access Youtube right now and it is amazing all of the HATE I can find. Sane with Facebook.

A precedent and a slippery slope for sure...

edit on Augpm31pmf0000002018-08-06T12:39:40-05:001240 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 12:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs
It is not about InfoWars. It is about the action that took place. Do NONE of you defending YouTube see the issue?

Corporations deciding what is right...and wrong...for other to do and produce. This is not simply banning some videos. It is about deciding if what a person is doing is wrong.

Alex Jones is not hurting anyone with his videos.
Alex Jones is not promoting hate.

Yet, the 3 largest social/online media/tech organizations have banned him.

I can access Youtube right now and it is amazing all of the HATE I can find. Sane with Facebook.

A precedent and a slippery slope for sure...

100 % correct

link   

...yet. But they can refer their so-called definition of hate speech to the law to get people taken away. That is next. Timmey Cook better be careful, there are legal beagles out there that will point out that promoting gay behavior is still illegal in certain states, and we know Timmey Cook promotes his gayness through Apple.
edit on 6-8-2018 by thepixelpusher because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: matafuchs

I see a free market company making its own decision

Which ia what us conervatives are suppose to support and always do.
And now because its someone they like they don't support it....

Its hypocrisy

link   

Quite a loose interpretation you got considering we live in 2018 where term nazi is thrown out like candy.

What does that have to do with anything? Sounds like you are just bitter about conceding a point when you say nonsense statements like this. The term nazi being misused doesn't justify you trying to change the definition of the word to suit the bad narrative you are pushing. Either admit you were wrong or quietly concede that point and move on. The Nazi angle is a BAD angle.

Just stay consistent and I'd agree with you.

I'm not exactly seeking your approval or agreement. So whatevs to this.

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join