It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

InfoWars Banned from Facebook and iTunes

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Oh snap, Senpai Jones has been removed from Youtube as well, lol.

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 11:08 AM
link   
But Hate Speech?

ROFLMAO.

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 11:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: interupt42

Because I believe that internet access should be a public utility, but that is a discussion for a different thread.

While I agree with you , its irrelevant on the topic of censorship.

So if Internet access were to become a public utility you would be ok with giving private companies the right to block sites they choose? I would assume not.

We shouldn't be encouraging or supporting any type of censorship by gov't or private companies.

edit on 15831America/ChicagoMon, 06 Aug 2018 11:15:22 -0500000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: Lysergic

Look at that.... tech giants working together, like a Nazi alliance.
edit on 12081231am312018Mon, 06 Aug 2018 11:12:15 -0500 by imitator because: (no reason given)

link   

Here are the real reasons Infowars is being purged by Big Tech;

– Infowars is widely credited with having played a key role in electing Donald Trump. By banning Infowars, big tech is engaging in election meddling just three months before crucial mid-terms.

– With the Infowars ban, Apple, Facebook , Spotify & YouTube (Google) have all now ascribed themselves the power to remove people & outlets from their platforms based on their political opinions. This power will be abused time and time again to meddle in elections.

– The ban also sets the precedent that the mere charge alone of having committed “hate speech,” with no specific examples even provided, is enough to memory hole an individual or group’s digital presence.

– The ban is just part of a wider censorship purge that also use stealth censorship, shadow banning and algorithmic manipulation to hide and bury conservative content.

– Apple also chose to shut down Infowars after we repeatedly criticized them for working with and selling data to the Communist Chinese government. Just a coincidence, I’m sure..

www.infowars.com...

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Alex Jones facts

From his website

That's amusing

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 11:14 AM
link   
a reply to: SailorJerry

It's not like I can link a youtube video anymore :p

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 11:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic

Here are the real reasons Infowars is being purged by Big Tech;

– Infowars is widely credited with having played a key role in electing Donald Trump. By banning Infowars, big tech is engaging in election meddling just three months before crucial mid-terms.

– With the Infowars ban, Apple, Facebook , Spotify & YouTube (Google) have all now ascribed themselves the power to remove people & outlets from their platforms based on their political opinions. This power will be abused time and time again to meddle in elections.

– The ban also sets the precedent that the mere charge alone of having committed “hate speech,” with no specific examples even provided, is enough to memory hole an individual or group’s digital presence.

– The ban is just part of a wider censorship purge that also use stealth censorship, shadow banning and algorithmic manipulation to hide and bury conservative content.

– Apple also chose to shut down Infowars after we repeatedly criticized them for working with and selling data to the Communist Chinese government. Just a coincidence, I’m sure..

www.infowars.com...

Here is the crazy part which I have stated before on other threads in regards to net neutrality.

The REPUBLICANS AND TRUMP have shot themselves on the foot by repealing net neutrality.

I don't know about infowars being a reason as to why Donald trump won ,but I do know the Internet played a big role on him winning by exposing Hillary BS on forums and other online sites.

Now with DEMOCRATS supporting Private companies such as facebook,twiter,etc censoring content and the REPUBLICANS giving the right to private telecom companies to block access to sites , the Internet will become a propoganda machine like cnn and foxnews.

This issue is exposing the hypocrisy of the party loyalist on both sides and the dangers of censorship via social media and repealing net neutrality principles .

Both democrats and republicans are being played like a fiddle by the mega corporations and the gov't with this censorship BS.
You are an adult you should be able to decide what you can read,see,hear,and view.

edit on 30831America/ChicagoMon, 06 Aug 2018 11:30:49 -0500000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 11:28 AM
link   
So basically they blocked him from 90% of internet users.

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 11:40 AM
link   

then the neocon republicans will block him from the other 10% of users with the repeal of net neutrality.

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Yeah but don't worry.

It's not censorship.

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 11:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Yeah but don't worry.

It's not censorship.

To be fair , the republicans had no issues with censorship when they repealed net neutrality.

Like I said before repeal of net neutrality was going blow up in the face of the republicans and specifically those that support Trump during future elections. Now add this censorship and you got full propaganda control.

The democrats encouraging private companies to block content and the republicans encouraging private companies to block sites.

The two parties are giving mega corporate America and big brother full control of the Internet., which is exactly what they have been after.

Its hypocrisy at its finest and a demonstration on how the deep state (or what ever you want to call the big players ) play each side against each other to get what they want in the end. In this case is full control of everything you get to see,read,hear,and watch on line.

edit on 51831America/ChicagoMon, 06 Aug 2018 11:51:41 -0500000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

edit on 52831America/ChicagoMon, 06 Aug 2018 11:52:56 -0500000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 11:48 AM
link   
I think he just got kicked off youtube now as well.
They won't ban TYT though. TYT is 24/7 anti-white...
edit on 6-8-2018 by ker2010 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 11:53 AM
link   
a reply to: interupt42

The web was going to be controlled regardless.

Be it by ideological corporate or ideological government.

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 11:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: SailorJerry

originally posted by: SummerRain
a reply to: SailorJerry

So, no evidence then. Thought as much.

This is the equivalent of blowing a whistle and screaming to the sky. No substance to it. Congrats.

Except if you google "Alex Jones hate speech" you'll get pages and pages of videos.

But hey whatever keeps ya as stupid as you wanna be.

We already have an issue in this country w people being spoon fed information w out the ability to actually research for themselves. I refuse to aid that mental problem

Like I said I'm not going to pour truth down the neck of people who have no interest in actually hearing it.

Just don't let me see you on other threads accusing anyone of not being informed when you are actively choosing to stay ignorant

I'll make sure to link this screen shot of you doing it

Since you are such a big proponent against hate speech I think you missed a good thread on it. Dont think I saw you chime in on it. Wonder why? hmm

www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 6-8-2018 by ker2010 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 11:57 AM
link   
I suppose stupid people have the right to tell stupid lies, and other stupid people have the right to listen to and believe those lies.

We have/are becoming a nation of lies. We shouldn't enable the liars, nor should we reward them monetarily. Jones can continue to tell all the outrageous lies he chooses, although it is the antithesis of a noble life. He just can't do it on these platforms.

I'm think I'm okay with that.

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Why stop with AJ?

This could be fixed by his buddy in office.

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 11:59 AM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

I'm think I'm okay with that.

Of coarse your ok with that.

It looks like your hands are tied.

link   

originally posted by: Spacespider
Does not matter if you know, or liked info wars.. what matters is this is the beginning to silence free speech on the internet.
So I guess we should all be angry about this and demand free speech, but hay.. they start off slow with wiping out some lesser know sources and then slowly but surly creating a global controlled platform of information.
This is just the beginning.

Right! Anyone should be able to easily see what this can lead to.

This move was obviously planned to effectively minimize any significant backlash, because Apple, Spotify, Facebook and YT made this move essentially in concert. It would simply be too much effort for everyone to effectively address each of these companies with any pushback.

That, in addition to the major divisiveness we are all experiencing today as a society, pretty much ensures that we will not as a whole see this as a hit on free-speech...

Nope, half will see it as what it is... an attack on free speech. And the other half are just happy to see what "AJ and Infowars has coming to them"

Congratulations!

link   

How????? 100% of people can go to his website or stream his show?

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join