It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Saudi Arabia to freeze new trade with Canada, recalls ambassador

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 04:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Only one threatens the full destruction of Israel though, and that is key here.

Are you sure?
The Wahhabi's, who are still the spiritual leaders in Saudi Arabia and the Saud family have no authority over them at all, have been constantly seeking to destroy the Israeli state.
Ahmadinejad spoke about the elimination of Israel.

Both country's efforts seem to be an extension of the proxy Saudi - Iran war in Syria, Lebanon, Yemen etc.

Neither country has taken any direct military action against Israel.
Wahhabi Saudi Arabia would welcome the destruction of Israel with as much relish as Iran.

I also think Iran is at the different level than the Saudis when it comes to terrorism.

Not from my viewpoint my friend.
Saudi Arabia has funded the expansion of extremist teachings in the UK and Europe as a whole.
It has funded the vast majority of terrorist cells here as well.

On the contrary, Iran has been found to have funded none.

Now I'm not stupid - well not THAT stupid - or naïve enough to believe Iran is free from sin and much of that will be down to the prominence of Sunni Muslims over here.

But my point is that they are simply two sides of the same coin - its hypocrisy to excuse one and castigate another.

If all you get dealt is a pair of 2s then that is what your got.

If all you have is a pair of two's you deck your hand and let the other's fight it out amongst themselves.

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 05:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn

If all you have is a pair of two's you deck your hand and let the other's fight it out amongst themselves.

That is a choice, but we will protect Israel 100% in any case.

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 05:45 PM
link   
can somebody explain to me why SA is doing this in the first place??

cripes does anyone actually get any info anymore?

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 05:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: dragonridr

Now on a more serious note Canada better get to negotiating or they will have gas shortages.

Why is that?

You do know that Canada supplies the US about 40% of our oil and Saudis supplies about 8%, so how are they going to have a shortage when they are all about oil...

No they don't your wrong what canada does is buy crude oil from saudi arabia. They then send it to their refineries on the east coast. They import about 700,000 barrels a day do to regulations those oil sands do not produce enough oil to meet their needs. Oh and their 3 major imports in order is cars and parts, oil and electricity. See a theme they need resources to keep things going

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Indeed.
Yet you'd abandon Canada?

Israel is as much under threat from Saudi Arabia as it is from Iran.

Would the US protect Israel 100% against Saudi Arabia?

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Indeed.

We will protect Canada too...I'm not sure if Canada and Saudis start bitch slapping each other for a for a few weeks if that would be considered a war of initialization as Israel's would be...lol

US would clean house on Saudis and Jordan if the attacked Israel and they know it and that is why they keep a wide birth.

edit on 6-8-2018 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 06:13 PM
link   

We will protect Canada too...

That's good....not sure all your countrymen feel the same though.

I'm not sure if Canada and Saudis start bitch slapping each other for a for a few weeks if that would be considered a war of initialization as Israel's would be...lol

Lol, probably not.
I'm sure if such remote circumstances were to prevail Canada wouldn't need much support from anyone.

US would clean house on Saudis and Jordan if the attacked Israel and they know it and that is why they keep a wide birth.

Maybe.
But don't trust those Saudi's....as soon as its expedient to do so they'll turn on Israel in an instant.

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Is the US going to condemn Saudi Arabia?

I hope so, but I doubt they do since the US has a double standard for Saudi and likely they have basically bribed the US politicians

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Indeed.

Saudi and Israel are now allies, mainly against Iran

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 07:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
Is the US going to condemn Saudi Arabia?

I hope so, but I doubt they do since the US has a double standard for Saudi and likely they have basically bribed the US politicians

Doubt it unless it will affect us. Canada is just learning a little lesson on diplomacy. Canada is free to talk crap about their human rights issues, but SA has temporarily smacked Canada for the trash talking. I’m now waiting on Canada’s rebuttal. It’s nice to have something to talk about other than Trump, so I hope he stays out of it.
edit on 6-8-2018 by Middleoftheroad because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 10:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

Look under strategic intent, that should cover it. www.cia.gov...

This addresses nations that sponsor or allow terrorists within their borders.

posted on Aug, 7 2018 @ 01:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

Saudi and Israel are now allies, mainly against Iran

For now....and much to the ire of The Wahhabi's.

You do know there is something of a domestic power struggle going on in Saudi Arabia.

And you have heard of Taqiya?

I really don't understand why it seems so many people appear so happy that Saudi Arabia has turned on Canada like this despite their appalling record on human rights and their continued export and promotion of a particularly extreme form of Islamic fundamentalism that preaches hatred of the west and both supports and funds numerous acts of terrorism against many Western nations, including the USA and UK.

I've made my points, adios amigo's.

edit on 7/8/18 by Freeborn because: Because I'm an idiot

posted on Aug, 7 2018 @ 02:04 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Thanks for the read,

Got to say; it is dated 2003 and from the CIA....an organisation that it seems even your own President doesn't trust?

But again thanks, I'll read it all when I get a chance....its just turned 8am over here and only on my first cup of coffee and no bacon butties yet.

posted on Aug, 7 2018 @ 02:20 AM
link   
Pretty good video about the situation. youtu.be...

posted on Aug, 7 2018 @ 07:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

There are so many weird policies out there in the world that most people do not know about that it is hard to comprehend that they exist. Many of these policies are not good, laws and regulations that are there to protect business interests and the elite. Like it is illegal for a government to kill the leaders of a country they overthrow. They have made laws to protect themselves, because if something happens they do not want the new government to kill them. If you notice, we do not target the capital of a country when we do our bombing, the military usually avoids bombing the building the ruler is in.

posted on Aug, 7 2018 @ 09:57 PM
link   
www.reuters.com...

Title: "Canada to ask allies to help cool Saudi dispute; U.S. offers no aid"

Another source said Canada would also seek help from Britain. The British government on Tuesday urged the two nations to show restraint.

The United States, traditionally one of Canada’s most important friends, stayed on the sidelines. U.S. President Donald Trump - who criticized Trudeau after a Group of Seven summit in June - has forged tighter ties with Riyadh.

“Both sides need to diplomatically resolve this together. We can’t do it for them; they need to resolve it together,” U.S. State Department spokeswoman Heather Nauert told a briefing.

The first Canadian source said Ottawa shared the view of foreign policy experts who believe the Saudi reaction reflected internal strains inside the kingdom, where 32-year-old Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman is trying to push through domestic reforms.

posted on Aug, 8 2018 @ 12:14 AM
link   
I mentioned in another(now gone?) thread, I would enquire about students being forced to go back home by the Saudi government.
It is indeed true, a member of my extended family has been here for a year,,maybe a bit longer studying engineering.
He was informed he had 30 days as of yesterday to return home..he is pretty heartbroken

posted on Aug, 8 2018 @ 12:20 AM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

Apparently, Canada went after the Saudi record on human rights. The House of Saud didn't like it.

Now Saudi Arabia has recalled ambassadors, and there will, no doubt, be other happenings soon. What? Who knows.

Here.

posted on Aug, 8 2018 @ 01:51 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

Egypt is now backing Saudi Arabia saying Canada is out of line.

uk.reuters.com...

Canada had a public relations problem here. They will lose all trade with the middle east if they are not careful. I think Canada just needs to back away from this they have nothing to gain and a lot to lose.
edit on 8/8/18 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2018 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Here is the latest from these filthy animals, any question these @#$%^&*! are the biggest threat, and responsible for the worst extremism?
Pretty blatantly proud of 911.
www.businessinsider.com...
www.cbc.ca...< br />

edit on 9-8-2018 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

edit on Sun Aug 12 2018 by DontTreadOnMe because: attempt to fix BB code

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join