It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CHICAGO - Saturday 8.4.2018 - FORTY People Shot In 7 Hours.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2018 @ 11:54 PM
link   
It's sad that no one has been able to get through to those kids. They are all on a suicide mission.
I wish someone could...

make them see that life is worth living.

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 12:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: toms54
a reply to: carewemust

How about if we just build a huge thunder dome arena in the center of Chicago. We could put all these gang people in there with a box of weapons and let them go at it.

To do that, they would need firearm permits. Very tough to get in Chicago. But in GITMO, that would be an viable option!

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 12:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll
It's sad that no one has been able to get through to those kids. They are all on a suicide mission.
I wish someone could...

make them see that life is worth living.

If the city and contractors in town didn't hire based on "who you know", there would be more job opportunities for them. Inner-city Chicagoans have no clue that the unemployment rate is only 3.9%, and that Black and Hispanic employment is at its highest rate ever.

Lots of buildings going up, and roads being repaired and widened in Chicago. But the workers are well-connected White guys and gals.

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 12:26 AM
link   

How do you know what inner city Chicagoans as you put it do and don't know?

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Oh what a romantic memory sold to us through a century's worth of big and small screen movies and based on the fictional gun romance of the wild west fiction writers for the consumption of bored Easterners.
Opps forgot the part about all the good guys who were shot in the back as well as front by the bad guys

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 12:37 AM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

Love it! haha
edit on 6/8/2018 by Badams because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 12:41 AM
link   
You really want to give Trump or any government offical more power to just label people and send them off to jail huh?

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 02:45 AM
link   

Why that can't be,that is run by liberals and they have gun controls,next we will hear it was Trump supporters and Russians responsible,that so called state is a glaring example of Democrat leadership

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 02:52 AM
link   
But, hey, they arrested some people for stealing shoes!!

Go, Chicago!!!

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 03:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: toms54

How about if we just build a huge thunder dome arena in the center of Chicago. We could put all these gang people in there with a box of weapons and let them go at it.

To do that, they would need firearm permits. Very tough to get in Chicago. But in GITMO, that would be an viable option!

I don't have the latest numbers, but as of 2016, 212,000 have a permit to own a weapon
( FOID card ) and roughly 60,00 had concealed carry license in Chicago/Cook County.

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 03:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
But, hey, they arrested some people for stealing shoes!!

Go, Chicago!!!

Law enforcement are switched on, next week in Chicago it's operation Jay walk...

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 04:21 AM
link   
Let's outlaw guns!

Oh wait....

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 06:32 AM
link   
Say what you want but remember that when Obama was in office, the US had a big national discussion about crime in the cities and what to do about it. The justice department and community leaders came to a few conclusions. Really, there were speeches about this stuff on CSPAN for more than a year.

One conclusion was that we were being unfair to blacks, arresting them disproportionately and overcrowding the jails. We heard stuff like the US has the largest prison population in the world and most of them are black. The government launched initiatives to retrain police departments and implement harm reduction programs to reduce the prison population.

After Ferguson and Black Lives Matter, the conclusion seemed to be to just keep police out of black neighborhoods. So now we are just seeing the effects of that. As long as we continue the present course, nothing will change unless the political community leaders that organize and speak to the government decide they no longer want to live that way. I don't see any evidence of that happening yet. Chicago will end up a complete ruin like Haiti before they ask the police back in.

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 07:14 AM
link   
I bet some real estate values must be dropping like lead balloons in some areas of Chi-town. I bet someone with the means and finances could make a killing on buying up property at some point.

Food for thought...

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 07:16 AM
link   
a reply to: ColdWisdom

People were protesting him at a conference or something a couple of weeks, demanding he resign.

But he’s a mobster, er, man of the people so he aint going nowhere!

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 07:32 AM
link   
Listen to the news reports coming out of Chicago, its very telling. They start off with the numbers for shock value. They talk about the victims, how they will never draw another breath, all the wonder of life they will miss out on, and so on. Its a big cry for us party. Somewhere in the middle of all that will be one short simple line: "The majority of the shootings were gang related." Then they never mention it again. From then on its all about how guns are the problem.

Chicago doesn't have a gun problem. It does have two serious problems though. One is the worst leadership in the US and the other is gangs. Its at a point now where you can consider that one problem with one of the gangs being elected officials. They have the same mentality, why not call them what they are? The gerrymandering is over the top ridiculous, the votes are never accurate, dnc volunteers have admitted registering dead people to vote democrat, and so on. Of course it never changes. Why would it?

As long as there is a place to get free stuff and a democrat to hand it out Chicago will never change. As long as people refuse to properly identify the problem it will never change. Black on black violence, gang violence, racial violence, all accurate. Gun violence - scapegoating an inanimate object. The police know who the gangs are and where they are. Jeez, everyone in town knows. But nothing ever gets done about it.

I have lived in and around Chicago my whole life. I used to love this city. Now I am embarrassed by it. It is a boat anchor to the rest of the state and a death trap. Illinois should cut it loose and let it kill itself. Better that than let the sickness spread to the suburbs like it is now.

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 07:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
Let's outlaw guns!

Oh wait....

Wait... you actually think guns are outlawed in Chicago?

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Not worried about this.

In that same 7 hours, 400 hood rats got knocked up.

There will always be plenty.

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Here is a list with graphics and details about the 320 murders this year. No need to speculate.....all the dirty details are here.

graphics.suntimes.com...

The UK has the same problem in that it refuses to call out gyppos for all their crimes. If ya cant be honest....well.

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Me and President Trump have a solution to gang-bangers, but as the President said, "Society is not ready for it yet".

Amen to that patriot

They may not be ready. But it needs to be done. These thugs and criminals have caused chaos and destruction for too long, especially in little-Iraq (Chicago).

I believe Duterte-style solutions are more than justified. Other option is that they should be permanently deported to cartel-infested SA and let the chips lay where they fall. (Maybe write some insults against the cartels, in Spanish, on their foreheads... first)

One thing is for sure, however. Prison isn't the answer AKA con-college. These gangster thugs are a threat to our Republic, and will remain a threat until they are physically incapable of causing harm to real Americans.

Life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness does not apply to corrupt, degenerate, murderous, violent, volatile criminals. They bastardize our ideals and use them to kill OUR PEOPLE. Unacceptable. Americans living in Chicago should never have to fear gang violence, robbery, etc.

Throw the b##stards out of a helicopter already... aka Duterte-style
edit on 8/6/2018 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join