It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump acknowledges purpose of meeting with Russian lawyer

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 11:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Kharron

How is this not a violation of this:

I would have to find the court case but it is established precedent that information has a real value under the court of law.

52 U.S. Code § 30121 - Contributions and donations by foreign nationals

(a) Prohibition
It shall be unlawful for—
(1) a foreign national, directly or indirectly, to make—
(A) a contribution or donation of money or other thing of value, or to make an express or implied promise to make a contribution or donation, in connection with a Federal, State, or local election;
(B) a contribution or donation to a committee of a political party; or
(C) an expenditure, independent expenditure, or disbursement for an electioneering communication (within the meaning of section 30104(f)(3) of this title); or
(2) a person to solicit, accept, or receive a contribution or donation described in subparagraph (A) or (B) of paragraph (1) from a foreign national.
(b) “Foreign national” defined as used in this section, the term “foreign national” means—
(1) a foreign principal, as such term is defined by section 611(b) of title 22, except that the term “foreign national” shall not include any individual who is a citizen of the United States; or
(2) an individual who is not a citizen of the United States or a national of the United States (as defined in section 1101(a)(22) of title 8) and who is not lawfully admitted for permanent residence, as defined by section 1101(a)(20) of title 8.
edit on 6-8-2018 by DoubleDNH because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 11:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS

Assuming the opponent refered to was HRC, would information gathering be illegal? What if the information sought had to do with the Uranium 1 deal?

Hmmm..."Information Gathering"?

In the most favorable of definitions it would trading "information" from:
"The Crown prosecutor of Russia"
"to provide the Trump campaign with some official documents and information that would incriminate Hillary"
" part of Russia and its government's support for Mr. Trump"

In trade for lifting US financial sanctions that were interfering with Money Laundering for Putin's Criminal Oligarch Organization.

It is also indisputably a direct and illegal act of working with a Foreign Government to benefit a US Presidential Campaign.

AND BTW - Trump is a class act. Love how he ends the tweet with cover his own ass whatever happens to Junior.
"I did not know about it!"

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 11:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: vinifalou

So what?

Obama spied on Trump’s campaign.

Cuz the Trump Campaign was littered with undeclared foreign agents and meetings with Russians that they consistently lied about.

Psst...That is what the FBI does. A campaign for President of the United States covertly meeting regularly with Russian Agents?

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 11:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mach2

Is that against the law?

Yes.
Very much so.

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 12:03 PM
link   
OMG! A politician pulled out all stops to collect dirt on a political opponent? That’s never happened before in our history! Say it ain’t so!

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 12:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: tadaman

Yes, she did SWITCH to talking about Russian adoptions and lifting sanctions, which prompted the abrupt end of the meeting.

Says who?

And "Russian Doptions" is not what the Magnitsky Act is about.
Ceasing US adoptions of Russian Children was what Putin did to try and retaliate for the Magnitsky Act.

The Magnitsky Act has frozen the financial assets (stashed in Western Countries) of Russian Criminal Oligarchs that worked to have Magnitsky arrested and killed.

Putin wants his hidden Billions back.

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 12:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: UnBreakable

OMG!

A politician

President and/or Son.

pulled out all stops

Worked with "The Russian Government"

to collect dirt on a political opponent?

To win a US Presidential Election.

That’s never happened before in our history!

No, it hasn't.

edit on 6-8-2018 by soberbacchus because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 12:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: rnaa
a reply to: UKTruth

The key difference being that robbing a bank is illegal and getting information about a political opponent from a foreigner is not.

WRONG! Please stop repeating this lie.

52 U.S. Code § 30121 EXPLICITLY says that it is ILLEGAL to get ANYTHING OF VALUE from a foreign national. Opposition research is definitely 'something of value'.

Would you like to take a bet on whether the FEC sees this as applicable?
I already know they won't pursue this because the circumstances clearly do not apply - if they did then every campaign would be in violation. We already went through this saga a year ago, then the fake news media decides to run with the same story a year later and here you are again. I reckon you'll be left sorely disappointed - but after none of the left's and anti-Trumpers cries of foul coming to anything, I can see why you'd be in desperate need of some hope. That said, I really don't know why you guys keep putting yourselves through these desperate pleas for something, anything to remove your President.

So I will repeat the truth - it is not illegal to have a meeting with or get information from a foreign person.

edit on 6/8/2018 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 12:19 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Manafort was the one at the meeting tasked with follow-through.

That is why Manafort refuses to cooperate despite his dire odds at trial.

He knows he has the ace-in-the-hole card and Trump will pardon him.

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 12:30 PM
link   
I wonder how Jr feels about getting thrown under the bus by dear old dad.

I wonder why there is no White House press briefing today.

I wonder what it's going to take for people wake up and realize what a bonehead Trump is.

I wonder if Ivanka will try to distance herself even further from dad's policies.

I wonder if Trump realizes how badly he #ed up.

I wonder if Trump will try to pardon himself.

I wonder how long he'll be in jail for.

I wonder.... how long it will take for someone here to come along and start slinging insults at me....

I wonder if I'll GAF.... nah... that's something I never wonder about.

Cheers!
edit on 6-8-2018 by Blarneystoner because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 01:13 PM
link   
a reply to: rnaa

Very interesting and informative reply! Thanks for the information.

I must say...........you seem to be heavily and deeply invested in this topic! I haven't done that which is why I asked the question.

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 01:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

I did! And got the low-down from a favored leftist propaganda news site!
www.nytimes.com...

Conclusion? Hilary was at least as much a slime ball as Trump is, and when taken together, HRC and Bill are twice the slime ball Trump is.

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 01:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth
it is not illegal to have a meeting with or get information from a foreign person.

Can you maybe explain to me why this is true? Coming late to this thread, if you already explained it elsewhere, by all means point me there...but given that there are sections of US code that are in direct conflict with this statement, I would love to see what i'm missing.

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Admitting opposition research is an ingenious setup. The Trump campaign did not get anything of value from the Russians but the Hillary Clinton campaign did.

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 02:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS
a reply to: Annee

I did! And got the low-down from a favored leftist propaganda news site!
www.nytimes.com...

Conclusion? Hilary was at least as much a slime ball as Trump is, and when taken together, HRC and Bill are twice the slime ball Trump is.

Enjoy your opinion piece.

There are in-depth factual discussions on ATS.

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 02:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll
To say "I did not know about it", only serves to confirm that he did.

It must be Opposite day then.

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 03:56 PM
link   
a reply to: xpert11

How was the dossier a contributor to the campaign. It's a collection of memos.

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 04:00 PM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

Because they never were monitoring trump tower.
That is a proven lie.

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 04:02 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Funny cuz they never used anything ...
Guess they're in the clear huh?

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Newsflash: Lying scumbag lies.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join