It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump acknowledges purpose of meeting with Russian lawyer

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2018 @ 03:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Anyone on either side who broke the law should be exposed. As of yet, including this tweet, there is zero evidence Trump or his son are in that group.

Well its still a matter that is being looked at and I don't think we can say who is guilty of what yet with any degree of certainty.

What I am saying, my only real point, is that ever time Trump tweets something out regarding Russia he is risking incriminating himself in the future.

I think right from the start of all of this his best tactic would have been to have taken a hard line of "No comment until the investigations are complete".

posted on Aug, 5 2018 @ 03:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: Muninn

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: TonyS
a reply to: Kharron

Assuming the opponent refered to was HRC, would information gathering be illegal? What if the information sought had to do with the Uranium 1 deal?

Learn the FACTS on the Uranium thing.

Enlighten us then.

There are threads on ATS. You can research yourself.

Do not use wrong/mis-information to try to make a point.
Ah, so you got nothing and know nothing.

Keep grasping straws and buckle up for Mid Terms, I expect many leftist to quit ATS afterwards, how else would you excuse your ignorant and wrong views?

Perhaps it's best to disconnect from Liberal and Social media in general.

posted on Aug, 5 2018 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Anyone who did something wrong I want punished. That's the difference between me and the leftists. They cheer at Trump being targeted and scream no fair when anyone on the left is accused.

I don't play party favorites.

posted on Aug, 5 2018 @ 03:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Anyone on either side who broke the law should be exposed. As of yet, including this tweet, there is zero evidence Trump or his son are in that group.

Well its still a matter that is being looked at and I don't think we can say who is guilty of what yet with any degree of certainty.

What I am saying, my only real point, is that ever time Trump tweets something out regarding Russia he is risking incriminating himself in the future.

I think right from the start of all of this his best tactic would have been to have taken a hard line of "No comment until the investigations are complete".
Ye...you don't know what "Incriminating" actually means and seeing you trying to mentally grasp such a simple concept and present it ass backwards is amusing the hell out of me.

Oh, we, many times you people have been wrong 😏

posted on Aug, 5 2018 @ 03:56 PM
link   

If Trump tweeting would lead to "incriminating himself" as you put it, then why do so many people on the left want him censored/banned/silenced?

posted on Aug, 5 2018 @ 03:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS
a reply to: Bone75

I just queired on it and it appears so.

Yeah, but it's been weakened. The Trump administration fired Preet Bharara just before his big case was to be heard. The DOJ settled his $230 million dollar money laundering case for $6.5 million.

In May, the Justice Department settled the case for $6 million instead of $230 million and did not demand any admission of wrongdoing. According to the lawmakers’ letter to Sessions, Veslnitskaya was surprised by how generous the settlement was, telling one Russian news outlet the penalty appeared like “an apology from the government.”

While the Congressmen didn’t cite any evidence that the two events are definitely related, they sent Sessions a laundry list of questions. They want to know if there was any contact between members of the Trump administration or campaign and the Department of Justice or the Russian attorney about the case.
foreignpolicy.com...

Now, we know that members of the Trump adminstraton/campaign did meet with Veslnitskaya.

According to emails published by Donald Trump Jr., Veselnitskaya had evidence of Clinton wrongdoing that she was offering on behalf of the Kremlin as “part of Russia and its government support for Mr. Trump.” The emails exchanged by Trump’s son and an intermediary also noted that Veselnitskaya was “in court” at the time and needed to push back the meeting. She was working on the civil forfeiture case that Sessions would eventually shutter.

posted on Aug, 5 2018 @ 03:58 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Anyone on either side who broke the law should be exposed.

Don't forget folks! When a rightwing nut gets caught it's both sides y'all! Both sides! You're all fooling yourselves with the left right paradigm.

Great start to the night here folks.

posted on Aug, 5 2018 @ 03:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

If Trump tweeting would lead to "incriminating himself" as you put it, then why do so many people on the left want him censored/banned/silenced?

I don’t want that. I think he is amusing and love every Tweet he puts out. I don’t even care if he incriminates himself. Keep em coming Mr. Dear leader!

posted on Aug, 5 2018 @ 04:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Southern Guardian

Anyone on either side who broke the law should be exposed.

Don't forget folks! When a rightwing nut gets caught it's both sides y'all! Both sides! You're all fooling yourselves with the left right paradigm.

Great start to the night here folks.

I played a game once.

I promised myself a shot of fine liquor for every post of yours that was non partisan and unbiased.

I quit after two hours of searching because I wanted a drink.

posted on Aug, 5 2018 @ 04:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Allaroundyou

I don’t want that. I think he is amusing and love every Tweet he puts out. I don’t even care if he incriminates himself. Keep em coming Mr. Dear leader!

Yeah, but you're weird and eat spiders.

posted on Aug, 5 2018 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Way too much speculation.

If point A is true, then point B must be true, and if point B is true, then we can go ahead and assume C, D, E, F, G are also true. And since the US and Russia are both Christian nations, point H is also true and connects to point K (KGB? Proof!) to point V (V for Vladimire)

^That is the Russian conspiracy theory hoax in a nut shell.

Those comparing "meddling" to 9/11 or Pearl Harbor or an actual war are totally unhinged. It was nothing like that. It is a standard back-and-forth that's been going on for a hundred years or more.

Further, no one cares about this meeting because it isn't a crime to get dirt on your opponent. Otherwise, Hillary would be in jail for "colluding" with British/Russian nationals against Trump. Obviously she isn't because acquiring dirt on a political opponent isn't a crime.

...and furthermore, there is no "federal" Presidential election. Elections are conducted on a State by State basis. Any "tampering" with elections is an offense the state in which said tampering occurred is responsible for prosecuting (not the DOJ or a lie/plot-appointed SC)

No crime = no concern = no impact

posted on Aug, 5 2018 @ 04:05 PM
link   

I don't want him censored/banned or silenced as you put it.

I guess you would have to ask the people who do want that.

Personally as someone who identifies as being liberal I encourage freedom of speech.

posted on Aug, 5 2018 @ 04:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian

I was a Democrat most of my life and have never been a Republican. Try again. I did #WalkAway before it was cool.

posted on Aug, 5 2018 @ 04:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Allaroundyou

Yeah, but you're weird and eat spiders.

Sooo what, maybe I like to eat spiders. I bet you do too

edit on 2/19/2013 by Allaroundyou because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2018 @ 04:09 PM
link   

a reply to: UKTruth

Where is your information that the Russian lawyer was involved in trying to interfere with the 2016 election?
You just made that up - a complete lie - for effect.

I normally don't even bother replying to your posts anymore but I just think I need to clear this up.

Look at what I said, I never actually said it was a fact that the Russian lawyer was interfering with the election I said it is believed that individuals at that meeting were. That is to say, its a matter that is still being looked into as some believe that individuals at that meeting were connected to the Russian government I am not making a statement of fact hence I am not lying.

nice try though at misrepresenting what I am saying, something you seem rather good at.

All I am saying is that each time Trump tweets on Russia he risks incriminating himself.

No, you laid on some left field conjecture to try and bolster your point - a purposeful act in a bid to deceive.
Your point about Twitter is ridiculous. Twitter is just a method of communication - your point may as well have been ' every time he speaks he risks incriminating himself'.

At some point you are going to finally get it that he has nothing to incriminate himself on. It's at about the same time you'll realise (but never admit) what an embarrassment your previous conjectures have been.

edit on 5/8/2018 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2018 @ 04:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Whereismypassword

Do you think the aids are able to intervene? Trump thinks he is so superior to any mere mortal..I highly doubt he is open to be advised.

posted on Aug, 5 2018 @ 04:18 PM
link   

a reply to: Southern Guardian

I was a Democrat most of my life and have never been a Republican. Try again. I did #WalkAway before it was cool.

I was a Republican for 40+ years - - I walked away because of Cheney.

Stayed away because the Right kept getting more and more extreme - - not in a good way.

posted on Aug, 5 2018 @ 04:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

Except that never happened. The right has not shifted much, the Left has shifted a lot.

Given the way politics gets reported these days, it's easy to conclude that the widening gap is the result of Republicans become more extreme in their views. That is, after all, a mantra among Democrats and the press. The GOP is the party of racist, sexist, xenophobic, right-wing extremists, we hear over and over again, while Democrats are but humble centrists.

The Pew data, however, make it clear that the shift toward the extreme has happened among Democrats, not Republicans.

www.investors.com...

Democrats are in danger of going too far left for 2018

www.cnn.com...

posted on Aug, 5 2018 @ 04:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills

originally posted by: Bone75

originally posted by: Swills

Trump is becoming more and more unhinged with each tweet. It’s amazing to see so many people recently being taken down because they wrote something terrible on Twitter, Roseanne, James Gunn, but Trump continues to be immune to this phenomenon. Well, maybe that is until now, NYT: Mueller looking through Trump's tweets.

Why is this news? And why do you sound so excited?

Why is this news? Seriously? Firstly, it's news because Trump want's it to be news. Secondly, after, what 2 years now, of claiming NO COLLUSION, NO COLLUSION he now admits collusion but this time it's totally legal, according to him.

I was referring to the "news" that Mueller is reading his tweets. It sounds like something you would read on Facebook... "just got the kids off to school, drinking a cup of coffee, about to spend the day reading Trump's tweets". Lol

Lemme guess, you support Trump? If so, why is he always immune to any criticism from Trump supporters? It's always deflection or dismissal with that camp.

I think he's a wolf in sheep's clothing, but for much different reasons than you. I just happen to really dig his outfit at the moment.

My tune will change as soon as he flips on gun rights.... and he WILL flip on gun rights.

posted on Aug, 5 2018 @ 04:27 PM
link   

I don't know about that.

I think that democrats and republicans both suck for the most part.

The key difference is that I just side for freedom. Which is why I'm at odds with so many leftists.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join