It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO found in official NASA archive - Apollo 14

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2018 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Been browsing
old forgotten Apollo archives, looking for abnormalities, Edgar Mitchell was a believer in alien life and have told he have seen UFOs on his way to the moon. Other astronauts have also told similar things, about encounters in space. So in these not so known Apollo 14 pictures, is what I believe is a unknown spacecraft hidden in the shadows of space.

But with a little help from brightness and contrast.. it all becomes much more visible

Commander
Alan Shepard

Command Module Pilot
Stuart Roosa

Lunar Module Pilot
Edgar Mitchell

www.lpi.usra.edu...
www.lpi.usra.edu...
www.lpi.usra.edu...
www.lpi.usra.edu...
www.lpi.usra.edu...
www.lpi.usra.edu...
edit on 5-8-2018 by Spacespider because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2018 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Where’s the link from Nasa?

I’m tired of watching YouTube videos.

posted on Aug, 5 2018 @ 01:43 PM
link   
The video moved very fast through the information, a little too fast for me to read and digest. The picture enhancement was great.
The “UFO” reminded me of the “UFO” pic from Italy.
Thanks for sharing

posted on Aug, 5 2018 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Why have you listed Apollo 11's crew?

posted on Aug, 5 2018 @ 01:57 PM
link   
a reply to: OneBigMonkeyToo

fixed

posted on Aug, 5 2018 @ 02:16 PM
link   
In AS14-66-9337 you have some fuzzy orange blobs - here's what the ALSJ has to say about them:

www.hq.nasa.gov...

At some point after the PLSS jettison at 136:26:06, Ed Mitchell took a series of photos out his window. The frames are AS14-66-9335 to 9343. Assembled by Eric Jones Journal Contributor Mark Rosen calls attention to two small, fuzzy orange spots just above the lunar horizon and just to the left fo center. As detailed in a discussion, these appear in both 9337 and 9342 and are probably reflections of a light on Al's side of the cabin off the two panes of Ed's window.

AS14-66-9225 is something reflected in the window from inside the LM.

I can only assume you are referring to the bright blue spots for AS14-66-09236 - these are a common feature in Apollo images.

AS14-66-09236 was taken through a window, as were the first 3 in your list they are very underexposed shots of a thin crescent moon taken through a window. You can make out one of the RCS thrusters and a part of the LM. You have a very similar view taken earlier in the magazine:

www.lpi.usra.edu...

What you are likely to be looking at is reflections, again, of internal lights.

Ed Mitchell was a passionate believer in UFOs and extra-terrestrial life, but he never claimed to have seen any.

posted on Aug, 5 2018 @ 02:26 PM
link   
*cranks up the photo software*

I found something you might have missed. On 9336.jpg, the pic looks like it was taken under a part of the lander. You can see the side and an overhang. However, while I was randomly scrolling around, trying to figure out what was in the pic of interest, I found 2 things. What looks like a rainbow streak, and... a planet???? I schmidt you not. Rainbow to the left, planet to the right, about midway.

When viewing: Keep in mind that I am doing photo editing on a 32" LCD tv screen. Your mileage may vary, so plop it into a basic photo program or app and adjust till you can see it.

Going to keep futzing around with the pics.

posted on Aug, 5 2018 @ 03:12 PM
link   
a reply to: wylekat

9336 is an interior shot taken through a window. The 'planet' is another one of the famous blue blemishes that can be found in many Apollo images. Venus was visible (and was photographed) in the lunar sky during Apollo 14, but that isn't it. Can't see a rainbow?

posted on Aug, 5 2018 @ 04:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Spacespider

I don't see it.

posted on Aug, 5 2018 @ 04:25 PM
link   
a reply to: OneBigMonkeyToo

Right on the opposite side of the planet thing.

I enlarged and enhanced it as much as I could. I guess it could be a scratch- altho I got the impression this was filmed outside, and under the lander, maybe to keep sun off of the lens.

In all of the Apollo images I have seen, the planet-y thing is a first for me.

posted on Aug, 5 2018 @ 04:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: OneBigMonkeyToo
….

Ed Mitchell was a passionate believer in UFOs and extra-terrestrial life, but he never claimed to have seen any.

He went further. He explicitly stated that while he was an astronaut he never saw or heard of any UFO experiences by astronauts in flight.

posted on Aug, 5 2018 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Why have you listed Apollo 11's crew?

Apollo 11's crew was Neil Armstrong, Michael Collins, and Buzz Alldrin

posted on Aug, 5 2018 @ 11:44 PM
link   
That’s not a UFO it’s just an anomaly in the CGI or photoshop or whatever they use to create the photos
edit on 5-8-2018 by gamer2343 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2018 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Your first pick has a HUGE triangle-UFO. Looks like it's in stealth-mode, but your manipulation revealed it.

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 12:07 AM
link   

In AS14-66-9337 you have some fuzzy orange blobs - here's what the ALSJ has to say about them:

www.hq.nasa.gov...

At some point after the PLSS jettison at 136:26:06, Ed Mitchell took a series of photos out his window. The frames are AS14-66-9335 to 9343. Assembled by Eric Jones Journal Contributor Mark Rosen calls attention to two small, fuzzy orange spots just above the lunar horizon and just to the left fo center. As detailed in a discussion, these appear in both 9337 and 9342 and are probably reflections of a light on Al's side of the cabin off the two panes of Ed's window.

AS14-66-9225 is something reflected in the window from inside the LM.

I can only assume you are referring to the bright blue spots for AS14-66-09236 - these are a common feature in Apollo images.

AS14-66-09236 was taken through a window, as were the first 3 in your list they are very underexposed shots of a thin crescent moon taken through a window. You can make out one of the RCS thrusters and a part of the LM. You have a very similar view taken earlier in the magazine:

www.lpi.usra.edu...

What you are likely to be looking at is reflections, again, of internal lights.

The article stated that they "are probably reflections"...not that they actually WERE...

just to clarify.

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 12:12 AM
link   

True; But according to the resources Wikipedia has put together, He also said these things:

- "Mitchell publicly expressed his opinions that he was "90 percent sure that many of the thousands of unidentified flying objects, or UFOs, recorded since the 1940s, belong to visitors from other planets".

- "Dateline NBC conducted an interview with Mitchell on April 19, 1996, during which he discussed meeting with officials from three countries who claimed to have had personal encounters with extraterrestrials. He offered his opinion that the evidence for such "alien" contact was "very strong" and "classified" by governments, who were covering up visitations and the existence of alien beings' bodies in places such as Roswell, New Mexico."

- "He further claimed that UFOs had provided "sonic engineering secrets" that were helpful to the U.S. government. Mitchell's book, The Way of the Explorer, discusses his journey into mysticism and space."

- "In 2004, he told the St. Petersburg Times that a "cabal of insiders" in the U.S. government were studying recovered alien bodies, and that this group had stopped briefing U.S. Presidents after John F. Kennedy."

- "He said, "We all know that UFOs are real; now the question is where they come from."

- "On July 23, 2008, Mitchell claimed the Roswell crash was real and that aliens have contacted humans several times, but that governments have hidden the truth for 60 years, stating: "I happen to have been privileged enough to be in on the fact that we've been visited on this planet, and the UFO phenomenon is real."

- In an interview with Fox News on July 25, 2008, Mitchell quoted unnamed sources, since deceased, at Roswell who confided to him that the Roswell incident did involve an alien craft. Mitchell also claims to have subsequently received confirmation from an unnamed intelligence officer at the Pentagon."

- In 2015, Mitchell made what Huffington Post U.K. characterized as "the astonishing claim that it was aliens, not diplomacy, which prevented the Cold War from descending into the Third World War."

- In a Daily Mirror interview, Mitchell said "White Sands was a testing ground for atomic weapons—and that's what the extraterrestrials were interested in. They wanted to know about our military capabilities. My own experience talking to people has made it clear the ETs had been attempting to keep us from going to war and help create peace on Earth ..."

- In October 2016, hacked emails released by WikiLeaks revealed that a representative of Mitchell had asked John Podesta, Hillary Clinton's campaign manager, for a meeting to discuss publication of Mitchell's firm Quantrek's research into "how zero-point energy from aliens could save the planet from global warming."

- It is also interesting to note his other personal interests. He believes a remote viewer healed him of cancer, and was involved in many UFO/psychic/new-age related activities.

Source

edit on 6-8-2018 by TruthJava because: edit

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 01:15 AM
link   
a reply to: TruthJava

And yet he never saw one himself.

Neither did he provide any proof for any of those claims.

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 02:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Spader

Spacespider originally listed them as crew and then corrected it.

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 02:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
Your first pick has a HUGE triangle-UFO. Looks like it's in stealth-mode, but your manipulation revealed it.

As I mentioned before, that triangle is part of the lunar module structure. Here it is compared with part of an earlier photograph from the same magazine.

You can also see the source of at least two of the brighter objects.
edit on 6/8/2018 by OneBigMonkeyToo because: extra

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join