It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

light gost

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2005 @ 10:37 PM
link   
when i was little i woke up in the middle of the night (really little like 4,5 or 6) and saw something running across my room
it ran through a mirror.

i do not know what it was. it was human shape, but a golden light. no one ever believed me but i remember hiding under my covers

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 11:31 AM
link   
First of all, don't be weirded out by there having been no responses; after all, we weren't there and so, it's very difficult to offer an opinion, ok? It took courage to post such a thing so, I will simply give you my opinion, whatever that's worth, as a small jesture of positive feedback

The main thing to remember, when contemplating such memories, is this:
children at that age are very bad "objective" observers; more so when there is a decade or more to look back upon and yes, it is absolutely true, memories CHANGE over time....so subtle is this process that I won't even try to convince you of this, other than to mention it as a psychological "fact", and leave it at that for you to consider or investigate through normal research methods.
Then, and I've found this rule to be indispensible over the years, I've found it an absolute necessity to eliminate all known, mundane, explanations before even thinking of taking the HUGE leap of intellectual faith and assigning something a "paranormal" or "other" lable.
So, that said, I will mention that children spend a much larger proportion of sleep time in REM than in subsequent, post-pubescent, years. Accordingly, one must wonder if you were still dreaming as you observed this thing in your room. Remember, during Sleep Paralysis episodes, one of the wonderful and creative aspects of this well-researched phenomena is that one can actually hallucinate dream imagery onto the actual visual field one observes, lying there with eyes open and with full rational, intellectual, control of ones senses.
The entertainment value of this little fact I will leave for another time.
An analogy would be creating a transparency in the Photoshop-of--the-mind, and overlaying this transparency onto the real visual field. I've done this myself, with much practice as well as having other talented and experienced SP'ers hooked up to a 10channel EEG in a sleep lab where I researched all such interesting, borderline, or transitional, States of Consciousness, some years back.
So, with that in mind, it is my opinion that the most likely explanation to your experience is that you were dreaming with eyes open and hallucinated this thing you recall.
That's the best I can do for now and it's neither important nor expected that you agree with me.
I simply offer it as an alternative explanation.
bubbabak

join