It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Agent Smith Backgrounds

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2018 @ 09:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Joecroft

ty soo much !! but how do i put a pic up?

posted on Aug, 4 2018 @ 09:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Saiker
Sorry I would totally change mine I have tried I just cant seem to figure it out.

Yours is the worst. It's just a white background. I can't see any lettering at all. It's a blank slate.

posted on Aug, 4 2018 @ 09:03 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

It used to be grey
edit on 4-8-2018 by Saiker because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2018 @ 09:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Saiker

Hey…looking good partner lol

Next you need to change your text colour…it’s in the same location as before.

AS for an avatar…that’s a bit more complex…

Try going here…those guys will help you out…

- JC

posted on Aug, 4 2018 @ 09:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: LookingForABetterLife
I prefer avatars as well. It's gives me a better idea of who the member is than having to read there tiny user name with my poor eye site.

On the other hand we are all here to get along and be one big happy ATS family so Gray Lives Matter too!

It doesn't help when "certain" members keep changing their avatars though. Not thinking of anyone "too" particular here. Cough cough....

posted on Aug, 4 2018 @ 09:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler

originally posted by: Nyiah
It's just as easy to read the handle as it is to look at an avatar.

No, it's not. Green lettering fades into the background. You can barely read anything. Many people are clueless about the problem. I'm much less likely to pay attention to posters who look like that. If they don't care about their appearance, why should I care what they post?

The default green text shows up fine on the default background, how much more overt does a color need to be to be acceptable?

If this is a legitimate issue, has no one learned how to hold down a left-click and highlight something?

As far as avatar & text "bling" being a benchmark for giving a damn about a member goes, that can be twisted against you easily enough. Why should we care what someone with a badly photoshopped dog avatar thinks? If you can't muster up some give-a-damn for yourself, why should anybody else?
Catch my drift?

posted on Aug, 4 2018 @ 10:03 PM
link   

As far as avatar & text "bling" being a benchmark for giving a damn about a member goes, that can be twisted against you easily enough. Why should we care what someone with a badly photoshopped dog avatar thinks? If you can't muster up some give-a-damn for yourself, why should anybody else? Catch my drift?

I agree with the OP. I couldn't care less what you think. I rest my reputation on over ten years on this site and over 12,000 posts that are generally very well received. I don't really value the opinions of idiot newbies who can't be bothered to deal with the technical issues here. Catch my drift?
edit on 8/4/2018 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2018 @ 10:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler

As far as avatar & text "bling" being a benchmark for giving a damn about a member goes, that can be twisted against you easily enough. Why should we care what someone with a badly photoshopped dog avatar thinks? If you can't muster up some give-a-damn for yourself, why should anybody else? Catch my drift?

I agree with the OP. I couldn't care less what you think. I rest my reputation on over ten years on this site and over 12,000 posts that are generally very well received. I don't really value the opinions of idiot newbies who can't be bothered to deal with the technical issues here. Catch my drift?

Jesus H Christ, does it really matter at the end of the day? It's like saying someone has to be attractive in person for their verbal opinion to count. It's a retarded stipulation at best.
edit on 8/4/2018 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2018 @ 12:44 AM
link   
a reply to: LightSpeedDriver

The only thing that remains the same is change.

Change can be a good thing sometimes.

Let me know when you are up for a game of Twister.

posted on Aug, 5 2018 @ 01:04 AM
link   
a reply to: LightSpeedDriver

That's a strong accusation, '___'! Maybe the OP has a point. I mean there are standard practices here and maybe he's just irritated that there are some folks going against the grayn?
edit on 5/8/2018 by DictionaryOfExcuses because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2018 @ 01:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

Forgive our fellow poster. He means well but lacks social grayces.

posted on Aug, 5 2018 @ 04:03 AM
link   
So ... you see my lack of an avatar as a problem?

I don't have any form of social media other than ats and it's with good reason (:

I hate wasting time personalizing my online persona... If you feel offended by my grey avatar, well... not my problem. Guess ATS is meant to be lurked by people like me.

I prefer to live in the real world, I'm just here for good discussions and topics the msm are afraid to touch.
On the internet, I prefer to be flat grey

posted on Aug, 5 2018 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Yall stop being so hard on the op. He helped me get mine fixed and ive been here for years.

posted on Aug, 5 2018 @ 10:22 AM
link   
a reply to: DictionaryOfExcuses

To be fair, the OP made no attempt to ingrayciate himself whatsoever. In fact, this was just a disgrayceful display in which graycism was laid bare for all to see. Gray power!

I see a lovely gray door. I'll see myself out.

posted on Aug, 5 2018 @ 11:29 AM
link   
What do you expect from a grey alien's profile?

posted on Aug, 5 2018 @ 11:45 AM
link   
I can't make and don't want an avatar, and don't understand the obsession that some people have with tweaking their own.
You can do individuality by background colour. Mine only cost 200 points at the time, worth every penny.

edit on 5-8-2018 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2018 @ 02:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: atsgrounded

And I am concerned about the 21,000,000,000,000 dollar debt that seems to be no big deal the the new admin.

But Different Strokes......

Funny it only now concerns you...
I've been worried about our massive debt and lack of monetary policies for decades. One of the things I support our president on trying to fix that. But don't let that stop you from signaling your inclusion to the group of "REEEEEE!".

BACK ON TOPIC:
Most of us are shut-in conspiracy nuts. Who prefer to stay anonymous. If you want a grey avatar by all means I can remember your name if you leave an impression with what you say. Avatars are just the shiny packaging we all wrap ourself in.

And to the members with avatars of themselves hiking or whatever. Are you trying to find a date here or something? What's up with that?

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 06:11 AM
link   

They are all cats.

Robert Smith once sung All cats are grey.

Hes not wrong.

Hello my cat people!

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 12:42 PM
link   

As a local avatar creator (get your FREE custom avatar by clicking my banner) I can tell you avatars do matter..

Sure we are objective enough to read the content of a post and leave out any prejudice we might have from previous encounters but the subconscious doesn't work that way..

We are visually oriented creatures and anything somebody says is linked to this one picture.

Peace
edit on 2018pAmerica/ChicagoMon, 06 Aug 2018 12:46:39 -0500pm314620188 by operation mindcrime because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 05:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: darkbake
a reply to: ChristianParr

I think the OP is talking about you lol!

Can't see the point in it.. mine will be forever grey

top topics

<< 1   >>

join