It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Supposed assassination attempt of Venezuela's president

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2018 @ 06:34 PM
link   
An hour or so ago Maduro was in an act transmitted live when the transmission was cut off and the military present in the act started to scatter in panic.

It appears one or more drones with C4 where shot down by snipers but some detonated harming at least 7 soldiers, Maduro and the higher government are fine according to the vice president.

Incompetent coup or a smoke screen from the government? Maduro is in the process of increasing fuel prices, stagnant pretty much since 89 when then president Perez tried to hike the prices resulting in looting that required martial law for 3 days and death estimated in thousands.

Venezuela President Maduro 'survives drone attack'

Communications Minister Jorge Rodriguez said this was an attempt on Mr Maduro's life, and seven soldiers were injured.

Mr Maduro was seen speaking at an outdoor military event when he and others suddenly looked upwards - startled. The audio then went.

Dozens of soldiers were seen running away before the broadcast was cut off.

edit on 4-8-2018 by Indigent because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2018 @ 06:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Indigent

Yeeaahhhh im thinking Maduro planned it.

Shooting down drones by snipers while loaded with C4?

posted on Aug, 4 2018 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Too bad they missed.

posted on Aug, 4 2018 @ 06:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

Yeeaahhhh im thinking Maduro planned it.

Shooting down drones by snipers while loaded with C4?

Yep..just read that. I'll take # that didnt happen (as reported) for 500 bolivar.
edit on 4 8 18 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2018 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Well we'll, drone bombs not just for ISIS, peshmerga, Hamas, pmu, Iran and the SDF anymore. Orwell's nightmare finally realized. Bombs regularly falling from the skies onto cities not even near the war zone. But then again, this guy is not scheduled to make it past the decade anyways the way he runs interference.

Won't be long now till even we are dodging drone bombs from DJI and Parrott.

posted on Aug, 4 2018 @ 09:04 PM
link   
now he is blaming Florida

posted on Aug, 4 2018 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Bay of Pigs redux?

posted on Aug, 4 2018 @ 10:00 PM
link   
lol too funny

So a population who cant even afford to eat, turned to eating their own pets and zoo animals.

Some how afforded drones and C4?

ya ok.

posted on Aug, 4 2018 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Meanwhile Venezuelan firefighters say "Nope". It was a gas tank explosion in an apartment. Hmmm...

Venezuelan Firefighters Dispute Government Version of Attack

Firefighters at the scene of an explosion that Venezuelan officials call an attack on President Nicolas Maduro are disputing the government's version of events. Three officials who spoke on condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to discuss the case say the incident was actually a gas tank explosion inside an apartment.

edit on 5/8/2018 by ArMaP because: link corrected

posted on Aug, 5 2018 @ 05:10 AM
link   
Double post
edit on 8/5/18 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2018 @ 05:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Mountainmeg

That explains the scorch marks on the building c4 wouldn't do that. I think it was an accident and they want to use it as an excuse to crack down on the people. Once the explosion in the apartments occurred now they can send people out to arrest and kill anyone that has opposed him in the past.
edit on 8/5/18 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2018 @ 05:16 AM
link   

By Maduro's reaction it is clear something happened in the distance and panic ensured, I saw a photo of a big plume of smoke near the incident that could be from a fire, I don't think a small quantity of high level explosives generate too much smoke like that.

What I think it happens was an accident nearby, the well trained soldiers that according to the government "will fight for 100 years in the case of an USA invasion" panicked and some got tramped, hence the 7 injuries, and the propaganda machine spinned the incident right away as a terrorist attack using drones and c4, because mission impossible is in cinemas and c4 drones sounds very mission impossible like.

I would assume someone with the ability to obtain c4 would be more capable on their attempt, like at least doing the thing near the target? who knows...
edit on 5-8-2018 by Indigent because: messa spell gud

posted on Aug, 5 2018 @ 05:28 AM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

Erdogan 2.0. Maduro Blamed Colombian president of the attack, they could escalate this badly.

ETA: Maduro blames Santos and USA groups, some randoms have claimed responsibility.

www.huffingtonpost.com...
edit on 5-8-2018 by Indigent because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2018 @ 05:32 AM
link   
Are there any more details about the far right Florida USA aristocrats that supposedly called this in?

posted on Aug, 5 2018 @ 05:35 AM
link   
LOL.........Funny is…

Back in time and fictions like “Jackal” and “Days of Jackal” the price tag of killing the president was about $60 mill + now damn drones doing it on less than $5k…!

But fun part aside, how come a nation with a super gigantic economy and hunger problem (as media claims) can afford to purchase drone”s” to kill their president..? sponsored by CIA again..?

And what stops them to use the same tactics against their main enemy aka US president and the Americans in general..?

Just wonder…!

posted on Aug, 5 2018 @ 05:36 AM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

I'd normally think that too, but their reactions looked way too really confused/panicked. Either the whole stage or the camera shook from the explosion.

He's not the most popular person in Venezuela I'm guessing.

posted on Aug, 5 2018 @ 07:04 AM
link   
That video!
I can´t stop laughing.

Go to 0.06, watch the general on the right side and what happens to him.
Repeat it several times between 0.06 and 0.07.
I can´t stop laughing, a shame that there is a cut!

posted on Aug, 5 2018 @ 07:24 AM
link   

It seems like the explosion was pretty far away. It rocks the ground, but you don’t see anything from the wide camera view. I would imagine that if it was anywhere near the ranks of soldiers, they would have disbursed well before the time that they did. It seems like they were given an order to disburse.

Drones are fast. Even the larger platforms like the DJI. I fly A 5” quad with first person video goggles. And I guarantee that no one could shoot That thing out of the sky. Drones built for racing can exceed 100 mph, and can be flown with great accuracy. As well as fixed wing rc planes.

I don’t see anything like that in the video. Nothing happened within a couple thousand feet of Maduro at least. Whatever caused that explosion, was not in the field of view of those cameras.

posted on Aug, 5 2018 @ 08:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: DerBeobachter
That video!
I can´t stop laughing.

Go to 0.06, watch the general on the right side and what happens to him.
Repeat it several times between 0.06 and 0.07.
I can´t stop laughing, a shame that there is a cut!

BAHAHAHABA! Good catch, DerBeo. I needed a good laugh. 😊

Mrs. Maduro needs to get her husband to pony up an allowance for hair care for her. She definitely needs a cut and color. Painful to look at.

posted on Aug, 5 2018 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Oh my.

Apparently peoples of the "third world" bring a 3' tall propane tank inside the house, theres a cabinet in the kitchen just for it to slide into, to run the stove. I sawl it in The Raid: Redemption.

Meanwhile, that's what i'd expect a CIA disinfo report to say, that whole story with the whatever. Thanks CIA, for us not even being able to trust any damn thing on earth wasnt you guys! Yay "democracy"!!!
edit on 5-8-2018 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join