It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia tasks Hollywood actor Seagal with improving U.S. ties

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2018 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Just when everyone was getting desperate and thinking our Russia ties might start fading, and allegiances were questioned, even the connection of a reality TV star president to a Russian politician were under the microscope, but all of that is fool's work we now know -- a martial arts ambassador to the rescue!

Russia’s Foreign Ministry said on Saturday it had made U.S. actor Steven Seagal its special representative for Russian-U.S. humanitarian ties, a role it said was meant to deepen cultural, art and youth ties between the two countries.

President Vladimir Putin presented a Russian passport to U.S. actor Steven Seagal in 2016, saying he hoped it would serve as a symbol of how fractious ties between Moscow and Washington were starting to improve.

Does anyone still think Putin is serious and not trolling us? A martial arts actor, a phony who lied about being a Navy Seal when he was never in the military at all, one of the most disliked actors in Hollywood who is known being difficult to work with -- an ambassador of peace and good will?

Putin is good. He's damn good.

The Russian Foreign Ministry likened Seagal’s new role to that of a U.N. goodwill ambassador and said that the actor, who is known for his martial arts prowess, would receive no salary.

“It’s a case of people’s diplomacy intersecting with traditional diplomacy,” the ministry said.

Seagal, who sometimes appears on Russian state TV to talk about his views and career, was cited by Kremlin-backed TV station RT as welcoming the appointment.

Reu ters

posted on Aug, 4 2018 @ 06:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Kharron

You need to wait and see if Seagal does a good job before you talk. You never know.

posted on Aug, 4 2018 @ 06:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Trueman

You need to wait and see if Seagal does a good job before you talk. You never know.

The guy is a compulsive liar with a long, easily searched history of documented lies and exaggerations and is a tv personality. Putin is, not so secretly, telling Trump what he thinks of him. He is making fun.

Trump would fall into Putin's trap by actually accepting Seagal as a serious ambassador, but Putin is counting on it. If it happens, it will be an international Idiocracy type meeting. Two TV personalities, both known for being documented liars, both Americans, sitting and discussing relations with Russia. L O L

This is master level trolling, it has nothing to do with good relations.

posted on Aug, 4 2018 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Haha, yes, these guys are good. Unpaid humanitarian ambassador? He belongs with the current UN bad-boy crew.

I'm calling this a sacrificial Hollywood scumbag sacrifice for the good guys. Most of Trump's first picks are intentional sacrificial scumbags knowing they'll be heavily researched n scrutinized. If you think the fake pee dossier was bad, wait till Seagal gets bleached in the sun.

posted on Aug, 4 2018 @ 06:19 PM
link   

The guy is a compulsive liar with a long, easily searched history of documented lies and exaggerations and is a tv personality.

It seems Putin has a type.

posted on Aug, 4 2018 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Been reading a bit more about this guy... these are actual quotes:

"I've always tried to avoid politics because most politicians that I know are quite dirty in terms of human dignity, ethics and morals."
- Steven Seagal, a friend of Putin's

"I am hoping that I can be known as a great writer and actor some day, rather than a sex symbol."
- Steven Seagal, The Sex Symbol

"You do 1,000 interviews, 20 percent of every one is not what you said, or is twisted a little. If you multiply 20 by 1,000 you've got a lot of inaccuracies out there."
- Steven Seagal, Fields Medal recipient

"I would only ever be involved in a reality show that was about real life and had lots of action."
- Steven Seagal, The Philosopher Warrior

posted on Aug, 4 2018 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Steven Seagal recently purchased a Chuck Norris voodoo doll. Just as Seagal was about to stab the doll in the foot with a pin, Chuck Norris himself burst through the door.

When Seagal arrived at the ER, he had multiple fractures to his jaw, ribs, arms, pelvis and legs, and a note pinned to his chest: "Don't # with Chuck Norris. Or his likeness."

posted on Aug, 4 2018 @ 06:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
Steven Seagal recently purchased a Chuck Norris voodoo doll. Just as Seagal was about to stab the doll in the foot with a pin, Chuck Norris himself burst through the door.

When Seagal arrived at the ER, he had multiple fractures to his jaw, ribs, arms, pelvis and legs, and a note pinned to his chest: "Don't # with Chuck Norris. Or his likeness."

I think it's crazy Chuck Norris took a break from holding up the planet to do that.

posted on Aug, 4 2018 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Steven Seagal folks!

18 Ludicrous Stories About Steven Seagal

Steven Seagal....

Steven Seagal Busted For Blatantly Lying About Knowing Bruce Lee

a reply to: Trueman

You need to wait and see if Seagal does a good job before you talk.

Classical.... Steven..... Seagal......

Oh you guys are just pumping out wins and winners eh? All that winning.

posted on Aug, 4 2018 @ 07:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian

It's so absurd.

Is Seagal venerated in Russia the way Jerry Lewis was in France? How on Earth could Putin think anyone in the US would pay any attention?

Or is it just another troll? Can we expect Steven to appear at Trump's next rally?

edit on 8/4/2018 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2018 @ 07:27 PM
link   
He wants Steven Stegall? Maybe he thinks trump is not doing a good enough job?

posted on Aug, 4 2018 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Trump / Seagall 2020

For the president of Russia of course.
edit on 4-8-2018 by Woodcarver because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2018 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Steven is a CIA asset. They sent him their for snooping.

posted on Aug, 4 2018 @ 08:03 PM
link   
a reply to: mekhanics

That was just a movie.

posted on Aug, 4 2018 @ 08:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Is he being serious? mekhanics?

Sorry I just can't tell on this forum anymore. I legitimately cannot tell.

Look I'll assume that was sarcasm or something non-serious.

posted on Aug, 4 2018 @ 08:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Trueman

Right, what could possibly go wrong?

posted on Aug, 4 2018 @ 08:21 PM
link   
We need Seagal in Asia. With pimpin martial arts skills... no brainer.

Stallone would be a better Russian envoy... ask Ivan Drago...

posted on Aug, 4 2018 @ 08:25 PM
link   

A martial arts actor, a phony who lied about being a Navy Seal when he was never in the military at all

Oh good grief. I at least got approached to be a SEAL (not that I wanted to be one- the training film made my toes curl) while I was in. I've got a leg up on steven seagull droppings. XD

posted on Aug, 4 2018 @ 09:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Southern Guardian
a reply to: Phage

Is he being serious? mekhanics?

Sorry I just can't tell on this forum anymore. I legitimately cannot tell.

Look I'll assume that was sarcasm or something non-serious.

Not him, but if ya wanna know, um, yes. Many stars n athletes and clergy are assets. Always been that way. They're allowed easy access everywhere due to their lore n following.

posted on Aug, 4 2018 @ 11:20 PM
link   
The irony of of it
back in '13

Steven Seagal becomes the face of Russian arms firm

The actor Steven Seagal has become an unlikely business envoy for a pre-Russian revolutionary arms factory after agreeing to feature in adverts marketing its weapons in the US.

Seagal, known for starring in Hollywood martial arts films, told journalists about the plans on Tuesday during a tour of the Degtyaryov weapons factory in Kovrov, a city about 160 miles (260km) from Moscow.

"My friend Igor Kesayev invited me here. On his request, I will feature in adverts for Kovrov weapons for the US," the Russian tabloid Komsomolskaya Pravda reported Seagal as saying. "I trust Kesayev. Whatever's put in my hands, I will advertise."

Igor Kesayev, as in
Gazprom, Igor Kesayev

top topics

<<   2 >>

join