It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video Shows That "Orb" In Sky Can Only Be Seen On "IR" Camera But Not On A "Regular" Camera

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2018 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Interesting discussion about this YouTube clip on reddit's "r/alien" forum. A guy posts a video clip on July 31, about an orb that was filmed with a FLIR infrared camera, in Jacksonville, Florida on 12/08/2016. He first demonstrates how a plane, a balloon, birds, a drone, the Moon, planet Venus and the Sun look like through a FLIR camera, then a regular camera. He then moves the FLIR camera back and forth on it's tripod, while filming the orb, to show that the object is completely stationary and not a camera anomaly.

That's correct, it was to illustrate that not only was the object stationary, but it also wasn't a dead pixel or some other camera anomaly.

I move the camera and center it in the reticle to show that it's stationary in the sky. I read your article, but I think if it were a LAS (Low Altitude Satellite) it would still show movement and an image in the day cams. You would be surprised at what these systems can see, especially the high def ones with haze penetration and SWIR.

The whole staying in the same place without any obvious propulsion on a clear day on what appears to be within the atmosphere didn't add up. 12 years of watching FLIRs- never seen anything like this.

www.reddit.com...

HERE'S THE CLIP....WHAT DO YOU THINK IT COULD BE?

posted on Aug, 4 2018 @ 05:49 PM
link   
very interesting..

I want to get my fingers on one of these systems, too!! Guess I can´t order them on amazon?

edit: I know you can´t get these type of sensors without a licence
edit on 4-8-2018 by verschickter because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2018 @ 05:56 PM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

Looks to me like he set up an IR camera to watch a computer monitor. Someone needs to tell him IR doesn't take videos that were recorded and show you new objects. Watching a video you took using an IR camera all you will see pixels on your monitor.

posted on Aug, 4 2018 @ 06:20 PM
link   
I would bet that the UFO isnt really here. That its energy is what is making the trip.

I would like to know if this system can image things like high energy plasma.

Its very interesting in any case. We're incredibly lucky that a UFO was around able to be recorded with it.

S&F for the share!

posted on Aug, 4 2018 @ 07:01 PM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

I thought the same thing, thinking he was pulling a fast one, by filming a cursor of some kind on a computer screen. However, I think he may have actually filmed this orb, especially after reading his response to a viewer's question on reddit:

Where's the rest of the footage? Seems like an odd clip to me.

This is what I will never understand. If I ever get a shot at recording a UFO, I promise I will record it until it leaves or my battery dies.

RESPONSE:

Yeah, there is some regret with that. But, the object just sat there in the sky, doing nothing, absolutely still. Very eerie. We wanted a high-def system to get a better view of orb, so we quickly set one up in the same spot. By the time it cooled down cryogenically, it was gone. That was within the span of about 5 minutes. The only editing I did was trim the raw footage, add text, and removed some audio for security.

www.reddit.com...

posted on Aug, 4 2018 @ 07:17 PM
link   

And yet, he posts a video of a computer monitor rather than the "raw" video.

Odd.

posted on Aug, 4 2018 @ 07:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: verschickter
very interesting..

I want to get my fingers on one of these systems, too!! Guess I can´t order them on amazon?

edit: I know you can´t get these type of sensors without a licence

You can get USB dongles that clip to the bottom of your smartphone:
www.amazon.co.uk...

I've played around with Imagemagick on videos made with a smartphone. I took a video of an electrical storm directly above my apartment (in the Bears Cage). Those frames that looked blank on a PC would show flashes of light and fuzzy clouds when the images were normalized. I'm not sure if it's infra-red or something else, but you can get data out.

posted on Aug, 4 2018 @ 08:00 PM
link   
a reply to: stormcell

I'm not sure if it's infra-red or something else, but you can get data out.

It isn't. While cell phone sensors are sensitive to infrared wavelengths, there is no way to separate them from the rest of the recorded wavelengths. They aren't "hidden" at all, infrared appears with no help.

posted on Aug, 5 2018 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Normal cameras do block certain wavelengths of IR due to a filter over the sensor but the video should show the raw video and also give details of the camera / exposure used.

Phage has shown that IR at certain wavelengths can be picked up but when certain information is not given there is usually a reason for that. He could have edited the video the camera could have been pointed at a different area and edited in easy way get get a clickbait fanbase for his youtube channel.

posted on Aug, 5 2018 @ 01:27 PM
link   
a reply to: wmd_2008

Good point....doubting this guy's honesty. So many clickbaiters on YouTube these days!

posted on Aug, 5 2018 @ 02:17 PM
link   
The UFO looked like a laser point against a wall or aimed up at the sky.

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 12:40 AM
link   

So you can just by these cameras, or is it military equipment?

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 01:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: nOraKat

So you can just by these cameras, or is it military equipment?

www.flir.com...

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 02:56 PM
link   
a reply to: stormcell

I´ve used FLIR at work and I´ve installed Mobotix cameras with the thermal sensor.. You need a licence to both buy and operate them here in my country. I´m not sure if it has to do if the camera points outside or not. For that you need a second permit..

But the one in the video, you can see the round gimbal mounted on a frame for a split second. It´s probably from a helicopter or UAV.

edit: It´s a bit longer, 2-3 seconds, go to 0:25 in the video above, you´ll see

edit on 6-8-2018 by verschickter because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 06:17 PM
link   
I can confirm cell cameras will show some IR for sure.

I used to have a ThinkPad T60 laptop with an IR receiver port.

A cell camera from the 2006~ era could pick up the blinking IR light, even though it was not visually able to be seen with the naked eye.

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 07:26 PM
link   
It is possible that the only way he could get the video off the system was to film the monitor (i.e. no unapproved thumbdrives/downloads). Just a thought given the context.

posted on Aug, 10 2018 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Infrared has replaced night vision photography as the vehicle to produce UFOs out of stars, satellites, birds, balloons and bugs. It seemed to catch on with the blob in the Aguadilla, Puerto Rico video from 2015.

The reasoning by proponents seems to be that if the resolution of the imaging is so bad you can't tell what it is - it's a UFO. That's setting the bar for evidence way too low.

posted on Aug, 12 2018 @ 01:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Correct.

SONY had a series with precision CCDs. Digital Hi-8 camcorders with "0-Lux Nightvision". 80x Optical Zoom, it was around 1995 or so. It had a remote, too and the LD lit up on the video if in view...

Anyways after it was outdated, I took apart that thing as I always do. If you take apart that thing you´ll find a filter for the IR-spectrum on optical lense train assembly. You can remove it very carefully with acetone fumes. If you do that and enable night vision (gen-1, camera is useless by day then) you have a relative powerful gen-1 night vision scope for cents with 80x optical zoom and 320x digital (worthless).

Oh and as an interesting side-effect, you can see through certain kind of meshes that would be impossible with the naked eye or for any other camera, before that modification.

Let me see if I can find the old brick...

edit: it´s a sony TRV77E.

edit on 12-8-2018 by verschickter because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join