It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

On July 30 Liberal Narrative That Trump Is Putin's Puppet DESTROYED On CNN

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+30 more 
posted on Aug, 4 2018 @ 12:28 PM
link   
CNN global affairs analyst, Max Boot was put in his place last Monday evening on Anderson Cooper 360, by Stephen Cohen. The topic of discussion, was whether or not Trump made an accurate statement, when he said that he had a great meeting with President Putin of Russia. Stephen Cohen lived in Russia and has studied Russian politics for 45 years, as professor of Russian studies at both NYU and Princeton. Boot makes this statement during this broadcast: “Although he’s willing to threaten North Korea, he’s willing to threaten Iran, he never threatens Russia and that’s why a lot of American intelligence officials think that there is something highly suspect in the relationship between Putin and Trump.” Mr. Cohen then explained to both Boot and Cooper, why “Trump carried out an act of diplomacy fully consistent with the history of American presidents.” After Cohen was supporting his viewpoint with facts, Boot attempts to defame the professor. Professor Cohen's response is epic. The smackdown starts at about the 4:40 mark in the video clip below:

Did you notice what Boot said, while Cohen asked what Boot wants Trump to threaten Russia with? Boot utters, "Try sanctions." LMAO...and to think this is CNN's global affairs analyst. Fake facts = fake news.

As U.S. President Donald Trump pursues his goal of improving relations with Russia, sanctions could be a stumbling block. Since 2014, the U.S. has imposed travel bans, asset freezes and finance and trade restrictions against hundreds of Russian individuals and companies, part of a multinational effort to punish President Vladimir Putin’s government for (allegedly) making trouble beyond its borders and online. The U.S. Congress went so far as to limit Trump’s power to ease sanctions on his own. Sanctions may be the elephant in the room when Trump and Putin meet on July 16 in Helsinki, Finland.

www.bloomberg.com...

+14 more 
posted on Aug, 4 2018 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Very nice and thanks for this, it's good to let the braindead viewers of CNN get a smack of reality on their show, man I can imagine, what little viewers are left, though, "Yeah, this Cohen guy knows whats up..."

Thanks, S+F

+26 more 
posted on Aug, 4 2018 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Let me clarify, I hate both the republicans and the liberals and my point is solely on the Russian narrative thing, specifically, if anyone didn't actually figure out that the Russian collusion/election tampering thing was complete rubbish months ago, possibly even longer, then you are a complete moron

+3 more 
posted on Aug, 4 2018 @ 12:44 PM
link   
What a great goring of Max Boot’s fevered take on things. The whole segment made obvious the out of touch disconnect between the fake news and real world affairs. It was great to watch, and on CNN no less.

posted on Aug, 4 2018 @ 12:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zcustosmorum
Let me clarify, I hate both the republicans and the liberals and my point is solely on the Russian narrative thing, specifically, if anyone didn't actually figure out that the Russian collusion/election tampering thing was complete rubbish months ago, possibly even longer, then you are a complete moron

Max boot is a conservative, and Russian-born no less.

posted on Aug, 4 2018 @ 12:48 PM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

I watched that the other night. It was great. I too, was yelling at the guy on the left (at my tv), it's like they really do want war with Russia.

That professor was awesome 👍🏻

posted on Aug, 4 2018 @ 12:49 PM
link   
just a quick repost....

www.zerohedge.com...

And that is what makes the comments by mainstay of world-renowned political dissident and liberal-thinking hero Noam Chomsky's comments in the following interview with Democracy Now so 'awkward' for the Trump-hating members of society.

...so, take, say, the huge issue of interference in our pristine elections. Did the Russians interfere in our elections? An issue of overwhelming concern in the media. I mean, in most of the world, that’s almost a joke.

First of all, if you’re interested in foreign interference in our elections, whatever the Russians may have done barely counts or weighs in the balance as compared with what another state does, openly, brazenly and with enormous support.

Israeli intervention in U.S. elections vastly overwhelms anything the Russians may have done... I mean, even to the point where the prime minister of Israel, Netanyahu, goes directly to Congress, without even informing the president, and speaks to Congress, with overwhelming applause, to try to undermine the president’s policies - what happened with Obama and Netanyahu in 2015....

I wonder what would happen if a russian representative tried this. Didn't the mere possibility of putin coming to meet with our president at the white house almost send the media into seizures?

posted on Aug, 4 2018 @ 12:56 PM
link   
a reply to: ClovenSky

Yeah, the Israeli interference is serious, one reason why it matters not whether you have republicans or liberals in the White House

+8 more 
posted on Aug, 4 2018 @ 01:01 PM
link   
This was superb. The truth and complete common sense, when spoken clearly, confidently and eloquently will always eviscerate idiots like the guy crying that Trump has not threatened to attack Russia.

I love how Cohen so effectively destroyed the MSM warmongering narrative that Russia 'attacked' the US. It's clear that the so-called attack was business as usual meddling.

As is usual with utterly dumb liberals and never Trumpers, when Mr Cohen was trying to educate them, he was met with the arrogant eye roll and 'oh please' statement. You simply can't educate the irrecoverably stupid.

As for Cooper, what a complete dufus. He complains that "we don't know what was said, so can't report anything positive about it". Interesting that they CAN report it negatively, however. Even when he was educated on what was reported to have been discussed, his answer is 'so you believe Putin , then?". Seriously, WTF has happened to journalism and news?
edit on 4/8/2018 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2018 @ 01:01 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 4 2018 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Why is Max Boot regarded as a conservative? I consider him along the same lines as McCain, who claims to be Republican but is most certainly not a conservative on most levels. The fact that he was on CNN speaking out against Russia by using democrat talking points should be evident enough.
edit on 4-8-2018 by drewlander because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2018 @ 01:08 PM
link   
What is up with all the cohen's coming into the msm as of late?

I never heard of that family name before.

posted on Aug, 4 2018 @ 01:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: drewlander

Why is Max Boot regarded as a conservative? I consider him along the same lines as McCain, who claims to be Republican but is most certainly not a conservative on most levels. The fact that he was on CNN speaking out against Russia by using democrat talking points should be evident enough.

Regardless of his political affiliations, he was shown to be as thick as two-day old dog#.

posted on Aug, 4 2018 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Soviet Union's GDP is smaller than Italy's. Only dim voters in this country have Putin rolling around in their empty skulls.

posted on Aug, 4 2018 @ 01:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Words

originally posted by: Zcustosmorum

Max boot is a conservative, and Russian-born no less.

I give you a star for putting up with my response. Max Boot is absolutely NOT a conservative. His lack of support for his own cultural upbringing comes as no surprise, however the Russia he was born in is not the same place today. He is quoted as saying he grew up in the 80s under Reagan "when being conservative was cool". Now it's cool to be a lib and he's trying to be cool again, similar to how I had never met a Baltimore Ravens fan except in the years 2001 and 2013.

posted on Aug, 4 2018 @ 01:13 PM
link   
a reply to: drewlander

It hasn’t always been that way. Remember Obama mocking Romney, “the eighties called, they want their foreign policy back.”

edit on 4|8|18 by Words because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2018 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Ummm...OMG...that was excruciating to watch...Max Boot...given the boot...by Professor Cohen...

I wonder if CNN was attempting to reclaim some lost creditability with that segment...and to have such polar opposite in intellect individuals on to illustrate their positions...

How much of that was purposeful staging by CNN...to purposefully cast the Russia...Russia...Russia narrative in a bad light...finally...?

Things that make you go...hmmm...

YouSir

posted on Aug, 4 2018 @ 01:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Words
a reply to: drewlander

It hasn’t always been that way. Remember Obama mocking Romney, “the eighties called, they want their foreign policy back.”

Romney has always been in business for himself. As a conservative I admit I still would not vote for him and Obama has no room to talk. What was so great about Obama's FP? One of the only things I can recall that Obama ever said that I whole-heartedly agreed with was when he challenged SCOTUS ruling on corporate personhood. There were a couple other things but this one changes the future (in a negative way) more than any other SCOTUS ruling that I can recall. Obama's FP was crap.
edit on 4-8-2018 by drewlander because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on Aug, 4 2018 @ 01:35 PM
link   
If Trump really is Putin's puppet, then I'd like to invite Putin to run in our next election because he's doing a pretty good job of running our country at the moment.

posted on Aug, 4 2018 @ 01:38 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

Who would have thought that this generations "liberals" would become the equivalent of last generations neocons. Strange times we live in.

<<   2  3  4 >>

join