It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Proposal: John Titor-Hater's Club

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2005 @ 09:37 PM
link   
I do not believe John Titor.

It's not that I don't buy the time-travel thing --that all seemed plausible. What did not seem plausible to me was that a time-traveller would be such an arse. I mean, Titor could have thrown us a freaking bone or two about how we could avoid the future, right? Any truth would have been quickly spread through through the web. But no, he had to be jerk about it.

Allow me to elaborate:

If John Titor had a time machine that could bring him to a world which was 97% similar to his own, that would mean that there were at least 3% of them that were not like his own and in fact radically different in some cases. Why couldn't the guy just tell us how to make our world one of those divergent 3% worlds? He had time to visit them (his time machine requird no gas and he wasn't running short of time) and surely the key events in history were known to a time-traveller such as him.

So I say, screw John Titor.

However, the myth of John Titor will live on well past 2005 and the lack of civil war. Titor admits that his visiting this timeline may have prevented Y2K and that a lot of events were supposed to have happened sooner. Therefore if 2005 passes without a hitch, the Titorites will say that he was "still right about the future but his presence affected our timeline a bit." There will be no way of reaching these people once they cross over to what I call "Total Titoria" or complete acceptance of the John Titor myth.

Here's my solution for nipping this before it discredits the entire web:

I propose the "John Titor-Hater's Club". I'm not sure how the membership should be arranged but let's say that responding "AYE!" to this post will be a vote and considered a binding oath to the following:

1: Not discuss John Titor after March 1st, 2005 on the Internet. Let's enjoy the rest of the year in peace. Feel free to discuss Titor face to face or personally, but spare the web.

2: When the subject comes up, say one of the following approved phrases: "I noticed that John Titor bailed out on us when he could have stayed and helped us with a bit more information. He treated us like stupid cows. Didn't that irritate you?" if this does not work, try, "John Titor said that we were all ignorant sheep. He said the we should all be burned alive. He's not very nice, is he?" or finally, "I'm working to make myself a better person. Isn't that what Titor would have wanted?" or if you feel aggressive, "Personally, I'm upset for his mother whom he left here with us as he was escaping to the future like a coward." You may then feel free to elaborate on the subject if invited to do so.

3: Work to make the Internet a place for truth rather than speculation.

...And that's it.

What do you think of my suggestion?

[edit on 21-2-2005 by smallpeeps]

posted on Feb, 21 2005 @ 09:41 PM
link   
I am afraid to admit to being a member of the World John Titor Ignorers' Association. Does that qualify for affiliation?

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 12:43 AM
link   
Canadian-Taxes-Haters' Club, anyone?

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 01:29 AM
link   
i have to ask, who believes in the nwo and who doesent? john titor says that the group targeted in the nuclear war is what the people on ATS refer to as the NWO.

so the things that happened in 2004 according to him have happened, i.e. a "waco type" event for the latter months of 2004...

election controversy...
no WMD found...
nation split over war...

clearly the country is split over the war in iraq, i mean look at how many posts get closed at ATS because we fight over them. i was involved in one today...

my ultimate point being, if titor was on the up and up, he would have to call for all out revolution against the NW0 (or whatever you want to call them), and in 2001 how many people would have listened to that? i doubt any of us would have. He did not say anything about 9-11 whis is odd but he directly talks about the after effects, civil liberties being stripped etc...

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 08:46 AM
link   
ok, its open for discussion again, so lets keep it clean and i want to hear what you guys think about this one.

with all the NWO allegations it will be nice to see if anyone drew the same conclusion as me - that the target of the nuclear war was the NWO, europe, china, and the 'leaders' of the usa. I have already seen threads that thats who the NWO will/does consist of, and he made his posts prior to that.

anyway, i dont see anyone doing anything about the NWO besides posting...

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 10:26 AM
link   
I'm actually a real fan of the Titor Saga. its incredible. I think its a small example of a new possibility in entertainment, participatory entertainment really. Its sort of like a murder-mystery dinner, but drawn out over time and on the net. THe core are the discussions on irc channels with titor himself, a small group/audience to be sure. But it received good 'ratings', lots of people read about it after the event and there was lots of 'water cooler' discussion, ie web forum discussions. ATS wasn't part of the 'cannon' in a sense, even tho there were discussions about it.

In a way the web discussions are analagous to 'spin-offs' tho. I found the anomalies.net discussions a great spin off. And of course there are the time traveler institute 'episodes', which were probably part of the originally planned 'production'. Heck, there were even limited theatrical productions, a book, and heck even paraphanelia, from time machine props to coffee mugs.

I do think , however, that there has to be, ulitmately, an open admission by the producers/performers that it was a hoax. If anything, that would allow the 'next phase' in the show, with direct and open financial oppurtunities.

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Hate takes up far too much energy and time. Unless of course it is your hate that amuses you. It is easier to just not care at all.

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 11:39 AM
link   
I always like a good piece of fiction, so I have no problem with John Titor.

What's annoying is people that continue to try and prove he's right or that it isn't fiction.

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 12:53 PM
link   
maybe mr Titor did not mention anything about 911 - perhaps and this is only a a suggestion ... he did not know?? ..its the simple things really that always stand out. However as a question, what did he get right, if anything, OK so people are going to say , yes but look at this, and he said that and this kinda happened. Heres an example recently somebody mentioned Titor and his revelation of the 100K people who were going to be killed, but what of the date - he was over a year out or so, this was an ats conversation, so Ok supposidly mentioned 100K plus people being killed, but what does that prove, that he is a time traveller after all.

I am in the club for NO more MR TITOR, ...

MIND you as a pr exercise you gotta give him 10 out of 10 RIGHT

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 01:15 PM
link   
I don't think anything he said would happen has come to fruition. He had said that in 2004 there would be, every month, an event like that of the Waco/Branch Davidian event. Some have said thta he reallymeant 2005. Well, we're two months into 2005, and nothing. Others suggest that these things are happening, but happeneing in secret. Perhaps then nuke war and the fall out will be secret too. Along with everything else. I guess by that reasoning everything is going acoording to schedule.

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 01:56 PM
link   
toblerone65 is in! We have a club with two members!

God, the last thing I wanted to do was start a Titor thread. Let's use the existing ones. Just vote Yea or Nay for if you're in the club. We can move the date back (March 1st is eight days away) but we cannot keep discussing Titor for the rest of the year.

I am a believer in meme-theory which says that we humans run on mental and verbal 'programs' which in many cases are actually lies and which hurt us. Meme theory taken to it's rational conclusion says that all bad ideas must be destroyed and removed from one's mind. If Titor is allowed to continue past 2005, he will exist forever as he will then become myth. To allow a cleverly crafted story to become mythic is a disservice to humanity. It is disinformation on a grand scale.

Even if 2005 is a great year, this will not end the myth. Action is needed.

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 07:46 PM
link   
What the hell?

First, I want to ask what in god's name your problem is.

Honestly. If I'm aware that there is no direct proof he is right OR that he is wrong, and I decide to allow speculation upon the situation to move through my head, and you're saying I shouldn't be allowed to do this, then you can go back to Naziland and get the #$@! away from me, buddy.

If you're frequenting the Prophecies/Predictions section of a Conspiracy-Forum, and you feel a topic is discussed a lot there, then rather than saying "Hey Stupids, stop talking about this topic that seems to interest you! Let's hate this topic! I'm doing a service to humanity!", maybe you could, oh, not read those topics? Not frequent the forum causing you such annoyance, perhaps?

Second, you're blatantly wrong and speaking in a propagandist tone 90% of the time.

Titor could have thrown us a freaking bone or two about how we could avoid the future, right?

Yeah, he could have - but wait, he didn't want to! Remember how he explained that as we currently live, we're killing ourselves, each other, and the planet, and none of us care? In his world, though it took a great cost, everything is better. He felt like what happened was an inevitability and that the world was all the better for it. So yeah, he could have 'thrown us a freaking bone', but that would've gone against everything he said he believed in! Way to base your entire argument and position on a false assumption! Yay!

I am a believer in meme-theory which says that we humans run on mental and verbal 'programs' which in many cases are actually lies and which hurt us. Meme theory taken to it's rational conclusion says that all bad ideas must be destroyed and removed from one's mind. If Titor is allowed to continue past 2005, he will exist forever as he will then become myth. To allow a cleverly crafted story to become mythic is a disservice to humanity. It is disinformation on a grand scale.

Wow. That really, really seems ominous. You throw in "Meme-Theory" and give a poor (but still, eerie, Terminator-ish sound of "Verbal Programs") and then use it to justify the elimination of myths.

Could you explain how false mythos are directly damaging to humanity?

2: When the subject comes up, say one of the following approved phrases: "I noticed that John Titor bailed out on us when he could have stayed and helped us with a bit more information. He treated us like stupid cows. Didn't that irritate you?" if this does not work, try, "John Titor said that we were all ignorant sheep. He said the we should all be burned alive. He's not very nice, is he?" or finally, "I'm working to make myself a better person. Isn't that what Titor would have wanted?" or if you feel aggressive, "Personally, I'm upset for his mother whom he left here with us as he was escaping to the future like a coward." You may then feel free to elaborate on the subject if invited to do so.

Wow. Titor said that we were all ignorant sheep, and that we should be burned alive? I think he might have said that we're ignorant sheep. We are. Considering the lack of knowledge present in the common man and the amount we're just trailed about by our leaders, never questioning an action when it matters. I'd say we're sheep-like. Did he actually say we should be burned alive? Or did he say that the events that transpired should have, meaning nukes fell and burned people alive?

Well, if you could, I'd like you to give us the direct quote where he said "All of humanity today (2000) should be burned alive, because they are ignorant sheep."

Next, you'd actually attack the situation with his mother? Regardless of reality, that's just sick. Are you not aware of what's supposed to be transpiring here? First, he's supposed to be in the military. If he just took her back, they'd kind of know what he did, and they'd be kind of pissed. Besides that, she isn't his real mom, she has to be there for his younger self. Apart yet again, he might have wanted to take her, but she refused!

Seriously, buddy, what are you thinking? You must believe we're all sheep, if you think you can present propagandist tactics, and attempt to limit speech and thought, all based upon fallacious arguments. Personally, I hate you, because you are what's wrong with the world.

Regardless of whether John Titor existed or not - if he did, I laugh at you. If he didn't, then you're just another step closer to 1984. Way to go buddy, you fail.

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Next, you'd actually attack the situation with his mother? Regardless of reality, that's just sick. Are you not aware of what's supposed to be transpiring here? First, he's supposed to be in the military. If he just took her back, they'd kind of know what he did, and they'd be kind of pissed. Besides that, she isn't his real mom, she has to be there for his younger self. Apart yet again, he might have wanted to take her, but she refused!

She has to be here with us, in 2004 so she can care for young John Titor here, is that right? So why did Titor choose to come here and screw his little self up? Why did he interfere with this timeline when he knew it would cause distress to one of his other "selves". His excuses do not wash: He says, "I wanted to see the aftermath of Y2K." but then he speaks very little about Y2K itself.

Correct me if I'm wrong but JT did not post about Y2K prior to Y2K itself. Why did he not discuss the particulars of the problem more? Why did he not give a chronological account of the events of Y2K in the timeline he remembers since that's the reason he came. John Titor is pretty stupid when it comes to being a soldier from the future. He knows NOTHING about politics and spends little time discussing the subject. If John Titor said that our world was only 3% divergent from his, then that means that he cannot know if we are locked into WW3, and yet his entire message is one of DOOM. I reject that. I do not accept the lecturing of John Titor and his superior attitude.

If I dropped in on an alternate earth to watch Y2K go down and found that for those people, Y2K DIDN'T HAPPEN, I would not get on a chatroom and mock the people of that Earth. That's exactly what John Titor did. He mocked us when he himself was surprised to find an Earth where Y2K did not occur. He said that was his primary reason for coming here (watching Y2K) and it didn't go off, so why did he get on the web and blab? It could result only in his family being pursued/heckled! Would you want your son to come tell you that he wouldn't try to stop WW3?

Remember when Superman turned the whole planet on its axis just to save Lois Lane? Well I happen to believe that Superman would care for all people on all Earths no matter how infinite. John Titor supposedly had the power to travel through time without cost and yet he still would not save us. He wanted to make his point and he wanted to shame us before we died.

Seriously, buddy, what are you thinking? You must believe we're all sheep, if you think you can present propagandist tactics, and attempt to limit speech and thought, all based upon fallacious arguments. Personally, I hate you, because you are what's wrong with the world.

I don't see how anybody would hate me for wanting to keep the Internet a place for truth/fact and not stories-told-as-truths. Propagandist tactics? Weird how I touched a nerve by dissing a cowardly time-traveller, eh?

The Internet is only as reliable as the honesty of those who contribute to it. If people spread disinfo on the internet (John Titor/Civil War) the collective web will no longer be credible. If one believes the John Titor story, there is nothing to prevent them from continuing to believe it, forever. We who use the Internet now are the people responsible for creating the Internet that will exist in five years. That's the way I see it. This John Titor thing (like other urban legends) are mental pollution.

If you don't like the club, don't join.

[edit on 22-2-2005 by smallpeeps]

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 09:09 PM
link   
How bout the >I could Give Two #s Less About John Titor Club for Evil Elves?<

Im not only the president, Im also a client.

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 04:11 AM
link   
hey Small peeps,

i am with you big guy, but would like to suggest we change the premise idea from the Jon titor hate club, just feel hate is to negative a word.

But remember from small acorns as they say, and if he can do it and create so much Publicity then why cant we??

send me an email at www.mundostudios.com

I can be found in sunny marbella.

So lets spread the word amigo.

dno

- onwards and upwards as they say.

maybe we get to make teeshirts and baseball caps, with our new logo, but remember success only comes when you order the new leather jackets, maybe a flyboy type of thing, matched with comabt trousers.

guess we are in serious business mr small.

thanks
dno

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 07:10 AM
link   
I agree with Viendin. It's a little immature, don't you think? If you don't like John Titor, then simply, don't read the topics.

-Chris

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 09:33 AM
link   
they changed the site a lot for the article in hustler, and i dont feel like searching through 43000 google posts to find something but...

im pretty sure he said that it was only the last few months of 04 and going into 05 more would happen and by 08 it would be all out civil war...

i figure
1.) election fraud accusations against the current administration.
2.) no wmd found
3.) iraq elections (ask the rest of the wolrd how they feel about this and i bet they are more angry than we were about waco. (you might have been ok with it but i cried when i watched the tape of the tanks burning the building down)
4.) if you remember this went from a popular war to an unpopular war, clearly the worls is split on this (america is about 50/50 with it the rest of the world more like 85/15 against/for).

thats 4 huge issues in about 6 months, i dunno...

also, you have to realize, if you read the constitution, it clearly states that if it ever gets over-riden that the citizens have the right to militia up and overthrow, and what does the patriot act do? take away the 4th amendment...
just my views on the subject...

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Aye - I'd like to join as well.

Hey, look guys! I can do it too! I'm a time traveler! Watch, I'll predict your future right now: You will encounter hardship sometime in the near future. booya! It's interesting, MY friend went to the future as well and HE says he NEVER saw any John Titor fellow... There's something fishy going on here.. Anyway, I'm never going to tell you guys what I saw because you're a bunch of idiots, and even though it could save millions of people as well as myself, I just don't care. Oh wait, I've already been wrong about something? Psht, it's just because I was there... I know it doesn't make any sense, but it's true!

But seriously,
How many people on ATS predicted election fraud BEFORE it happened (That's just called being close-minded, you know)? How many people on ATS said we'd never find any WMD's? And an unpopular war? Who could have seen THAT coming!!! And I'm saying these things as a Bush supporter!

EDIT: Wait! I just realized that this guy made these predictions in 2000-2001!?!?!? Oh man!!
. I mean if he had made these predictions in the 50's, 60's, or maybe even the 90's, he might have at least had a SHRED of credibility!! 2000!?? There were already MILLIONS of people who were afraid if a civil war in the near future at that point!! People love doom and gloom and thinking it's gonna be all over soon! My God.... So acoording to John Titor-believers, this guy traveled FROM The future back to 2000...to tell us almost nothing? What year did he say he was born in? If we find out, maybe we can find the john titor of our time, kill him, and see if the whole John Titor story disappears

[edit on 23-2-2005 by Herman]

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 12:03 PM
link   
see thats the thing, nostrodamus was that vague, titor was not.

ol nos...
There will be turmoil
nations will be restless
good will come with evil
while the sleeping cat naps.

Titor...
beginings of civil war starting with liberties being stripped that wil slowly escalate and be undeniable by 2008, in 2015 nukes willbe dropped.

huge difference.

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by jprophet420
see thats the thing, nostrodamus was that vague, titor was not.

Wellllll that's because the language has changed immensly over the last ..ooooh 600 years or so? John Titor has predicted the predictable...and it still hasn't come true in time. Sure, if you just keep saying stuff will happen, eventually something will and you can point your finger and say "See! I told you so!". And I don't know, Nastrodamus predicting hitler wasn't so vague.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join