It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Judge rules that Obama-era DACA program will stand

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2018 @ 10:17 AM
link   
aol

"The Court did not hold in its prior opinion, and it does not hold today, that DHS lacks the statutory or constitutional authority to rescind the DACA program," he wrote. "Rather, the Court simply holds that if DHS wishes to rescind the program ― or to take any other action, for that matter ― it must give a rational explanation for its decision."

Seems that rescinding daca was irrational according to the constitution and the judge.

The administration rescinded DACA Sept. 5, 2017, with President Trump himself challenging Democrats in Congress to resurrect the protections legislatively. As part of his crackdown on illegal immigration, Trump has often conflated the program's beneficiaries, known as Dreamers, with undocumented criminals. In April he tweeted, "Act now Congress, our country is being stolen!"

Tha sky is falling...

According to the judge daca only includes people here before 2007 and the number of recipients is around 800,000 peeps. With so much conflation on the issue it seems that on the 23 of this month the battle will be over and we will have nearly a million new citizens.

posted on Aug, 4 2018 @ 10:22 AM
link   
a reply to: howtonhawky

Excuse me? You think 800,000 illegal aliens are getting citizenship on 23rd?

posted on Aug, 4 2018 @ 10:24 AM
link   

ALREADY BEING DISCUSSED

HERE: www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 4 2018 @ 10:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

Your excused...

The process will begin.

posted on Aug, 4 2018 @ 10:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

ALREADY BEING DISCUSSED

HERE: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Dang someone had a late nite...

posted on Aug, 4 2018 @ 10:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: howtonhawky

Your excused...

The process will begin.

Which process to grant citizenship are you referring to?

posted on Aug, 4 2018 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Your excused...

The process will begin.

Which process to grant citizenship are you referring to?

You are welcome to state your point.

Unless tha trump admin comes up with valid constitutional reasons that those 800,000 should not be legal citizens then they will be able to begin the naturalization process.

If you truly want answers then study up on federal tax payer laws...

posted on Aug, 4 2018 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Perfect. 800,000 newly registered republicans. TAX paying republicans.

posted on Aug, 4 2018 @ 11:14 AM
link   

No, the judge is outside of his authority and will be over-ruled when it gets to the SC.

Anyone with a basic understanding of how the laws of our country work understands this.

posted on Aug, 4 2018 @ 11:21 AM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn

yes...

there are more factors than you take into account

posted on Aug, 4 2018 @ 11:32 AM
link   

No, it's actually very simple.

posted on Aug, 4 2018 @ 11:45 AM
link   

They are among a little-known but sizable group of nearly 40,000 DACA recipients who have already obtained green cards. Many of them were able to permanently legalize their status by taking advantage of a provision within Obama's Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals program. The provision allowed DACA recipients to travel outside the U.S. and then return legally through what's known as advance parole, which made some DACA recipients eligible to get green cards, an opportunity that otherwise didn't exist for them.

www.azcentral.com...

Haters gonna hate...but there are ways for the daca peeps to get citizenship. One way is to take a vacation to Puerto Rico and get a green card when they return home.

posted on Aug, 4 2018 @ 11:48 AM
link   
If i were running the show i would just charge the daca kids a set amount of money for their citizenship and then use those funds to pay for border security.

800,000 times 5000=bunches of monies

posted on Aug, 4 2018 @ 11:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn

No, it's actually very simple.

lolers

and you explain it soo well

posted on Aug, 4 2018 @ 12:07 PM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn

Unfortunately, as I understand it, the Supremes are down one conservatve so it will end up a 4/4 tie and the judge's decision will then remain and Obamas dreamers will get to stay.

Trump does not have time with Congress to address a new Supreme appointee by 8/23.

The judge was obviously politicized and an Obama lover/Trump hater. This just shows how far the tentacles and stink of the previous presidency still reaches. You win some/you lose some.

posted on Aug, 4 2018 @ 12:11 PM
link   

No, the judge is outside of his authority and will be over-ruled when it gets to the SC.

Anyone with a basic understanding of how the laws of our country work understands this.

On what grounds will it be challenged?

Why did kristen not give legit grounds this go around if such existed?

Perhaps the admin should hire xcathra to confuse the judge.

posted on Aug, 4 2018 @ 12:20 PM
link   

" ... The Nielsen Memo offers nothing even remotely approaching a considered legal assessment that this Court could subject to judicial review," Bates wrote. He added, later, "The Nielsen Memo demonstrates no true cognizance of the serious reliance interests at issue here -- indeed, it does not even identify what those interests are ... "

The only new argument in the Trump administration's tool box ― DACA sends the wrong message to potential immigrants who would take advantage of the program ― was rejected by the judge Friday.

This seems kinda super duper silly since daca only refers to immigrants here before 2007
edit on 4-8-2018 by howtonhawky because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2018 @ 12:44 PM
link   

On what grounds will it be challenged?

Why did kristen not give legit grounds this go around if such existed?

Perhaps the admin should hire xcathra to confuse the judge.

The SC has overruled lower courts many times based on exactly the same arguments heard in the lower courts. Therefore I would suggest the rather obvious grounds are that the lower court has zero authority on this matter .

A word of warning - there were some on this forum that made complete idiots of themselves over the travel ban - emboldened despite their obvious lack of legal knowledge just because they were agreeing with a single judge. You are headed in the same direction.
edit on 4/8/2018 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2018 @ 12:56 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

warning??

Your being idiotic. Stating your bs regardless of my posting on the travel ban you wanna warn me???? For your info i very much understood the travel ban and that potus had the right as long as no specific race was targeted and as i stated in those threads time will tell because there is no such thing as a travel ban by definition but only a means to have everyone coming in from those countries to be vetted properly. Travel dam would describe it better. Do you understand that there are no grounds to stop everyone from a single country from coming in and everyone who seeks to come here is entitled to due process and that is what the ruling did is allow people from those countries to clog up our courts with lawsuits and we will soon feel the weight of that silly process on our courts as a whole. The speedy trial mentioned in our laws will drown this admin if they do not react.

Nice way to spin the debate.

Have you read the article?

posted on Aug, 4 2018 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Does anyone wanna answer the question of why the admin would bother with the courts in this matter if they truly do not want daca to remain?

What i see is that the potus has a bigger heart than most of his supporters and he only uses these talking points to garner support.

art of dealing

perhaps many that are getting off on hating others should follow in his steps more than buy into his political rhetoric.

have a heart

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join