It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The lying media!!!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2018 @ 11:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Apparently TV reporting factually on current affairs is in alternative reality alt right world telling people to hate people

shame they can’t stay on their twitter alternative Gab but they love to troll online

posted on Aug, 4 2018 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Hmmm, I wonder if our MSM will report this news story?

www.zerohedge.com...

And that is what makes the comments by mainstay of world-renowned political dissident and liberal-thinking hero Noam Chomsky's comments in the following interview with Democracy Now so 'awkward' for the Trump-hating members of society.

...so, take, say, the huge issue of interference in our pristine elections. Did the Russians interfere in our elections? An issue of overwhelming concern in the media. I mean, in most of the world, that’s almost a joke.

First of all, if you’re interested in foreign interference in our elections, whatever the Russians may have done barely counts or weighs in the balance as compared with what another state does, openly, brazenly and with enormous support.

Israeli intervention in U.S. elections vastly overwhelms anything the Russians may have done... I mean, even to the point where the prime minister of Israel, Netanyahu, goes directly to Congress, without even informing the president, and speaks to Congress, with overwhelming applause, to try to undermine the president’s policies - what happened with Obama and Netanyahu in 2015....

I wonder what would happen if a russian representative tried this. Didn't the mere possibility of putin coming to meet with our president at the white house almost send the media into seizures?

posted on Aug, 4 2018 @ 12:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: toms54

You think?

www.washingtonpost.com...

I have no reason to lie.

Very good. I'm impressed and I apologize.

-TomS

posted on Aug, 4 2018 @ 12:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: atsgrounded
a reply to: olaru12

Have to disagree with you on your "orange face" (dated) slam.
These are companies that own almost all we see hear and read. This means they control what the great majority think and talk about and think about.

One example of why I don't think "orange face" is part of the problem (so far), is his difference in stance on trade.
Every other pres had basically sat on their thumb as far as trade is concerned. Many average people feel there was/is something wrong with our trade practices. "Orange" is using tariff to change things.

This is the real story of the media. Only 5 companies own everything. There was another giant merger just recently. Why do they keep approving these mergers? When Disney takes Fox over, it will become another MSNBC. The media are all just inbred clones of each other. They should be busting these outfits up.

This idea the country needs a free press, press keeps govt in check, this stuff was true in the past when there was some independence and variety. Now, we are not allowed to have different opinions or free speech. These big 5 not only own the TV but also radio, magazines, book publishing, movies, cable, music, everything but the internet. They're working on that too.

posted on Aug, 4 2018 @ 12:59 PM
link   
a reply to: ClovenSky

Organizations that work on behalf of Israel to further the interests of Israel should be required to register as foreign agents.

posted on Aug, 4 2018 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Clearly the message that the media is not the problem isn't getting through. Lets look at some examples from the man child's own mouth this week:

Trump repeated a favorite claim of his in a tweet and again at his Tampa rally, where he said he was “the most popular person in the history of the Republican Party,” including Abraham Lincoln.

Trump beats only Gerald Ford among modern Republican presidents. Polling didn’t exist in Lincoln’s time; Gallup began polling in 1935

He told his audience Tuesday that six new steel plants were coming and upped that number to seven on Thursday.

The company has made no such announcement. A spokeswoman told The Associated Press that any plans to open new plants would be announced on the company’s website.

“We passed the biggest tax cuts and reform in American history. Biggest cuts in history,” Trump said in Tampa. Experts say the bill was not the biggest in U.S. history, although he would be correct if he said it was “the biggest corporate tax cut.”

Oh and of course, dont forget the ID to buy groceries!
edit on 4-8-2018 by blackrabbit1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2018 @ 01:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: toms54

originally posted by: atsgrounded
a reply to: olaru12

Have to disagree with you on your "orange face" (dated) slam.
These are companies that own almost all we see hear and read. This means they control what the great majority think and talk about and think about.

One example of why I don't think "orange face" is part of the problem (so far), is his difference in stance on trade.
Every other pres had basically sat on their thumb as far as trade is concerned. Many average people feel there was/is something wrong with our trade practices. "Orange" is using tariff to change things.

This is the real story of the media. Only 5 companies own everything. There was another giant merger just recently. Why do they keep approving these mergers? When Disney takes Fox over, it will become another MSNBC. The media are all just inbred clones of each other. They should be busting these outfits up.

This idea the country needs a free press, press keeps govt in check, this stuff was true in the past when there was some independence and variety. Now, we are not allowed to have different opinions or free speech. These big 5 not only own the TV but also radio, magazines, book publishing, movies, cable, music, everything but the internet. They're working on that too.

This is allowed to happen because there are a handle full of very very very wealthy-powerful corps/old families that want/are taking more and more of the pie.
I believe that this is a conspiracy and is planned and will not stop until a stop is put to it by ballot or force.

posted on Aug, 4 2018 @ 02:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

This isn't a left vs right idea, but it will be interesting to see how the "my team vs. your team" players will deal with this.

Wow, I sure called that one. It's really sad that ATS has become that easy to read. It's likely that most, didn't watch any of the video, or comprehend the point.

Yes Trump lies, He lies a lot. So knowing that, based on what I read, it gives the Media a pass to lie as much as they like. But, But.....Network Dude, didn't Obama tell a few whoppers as well? Bwahahahah!!! that's totally different, totally. And since the lies that the video mentioned, were small ones, they don't count.

I hope all of you enjoy being lied to, as you seem to really, really like it.

posted on Aug, 4 2018 @ 02:51 PM
link   

a reply to: network dude

Something tells me this thread is gonna backfire on you.

Backfire, no. But it sure does make me wonder why most of you are here. You either aren't smart enough to read the OP, and check out a few minutes of the video, or you are just to damn wrapped up in your hate.

I'd ask that you revisit the OP with a neutral frame of mind, but sadly, I doubt that is even remotely possible.

Trump is orange..Derp. (you are welcome)

posted on Aug, 4 2018 @ 05:52 PM
link   

I hope all of you enjoy being lied to, as you seem to really, really like it.

Network - you know what I see? I see this thread, along with some other posts - as you coming to terms with what you're looking at. And, to be fair - many of us go through a period of saying: everybody does it, they're all liars, we won't be fooled again

Right after we have our hearts broken

P.S. Network - who is it that fact checks ProperGander? And why do you trust them? :-)

ProperGander

edit on 8/4/2018 by Spiramirabilis because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2018 @ 09:54 PM
link   
They don't lie. They just fail to inform.

posted on Aug, 5 2018 @ 01:26 AM
link   

And once again people are surprised that people bull# for profit and do it a lot, I mean its just so dam easy. There was a president once, or was it an poet, could have been Poe, or was it an ancient Chinese proverb, or was it Greek or Phoenician saying?

Anyways, forgot, but not like it matters. But you should know that in this world of infinite bull#, and this practice that is practiced every day, by all media of expressing bull# none stop. One would be best suited to "believe nothing you hear, and only half of what you see"

Though in this day and age of internet and what not. I would even say that video evidence, is anything but evidence, and definitely does not count as "seeing". So it may even be better to believe nothing of what you see as well. But if your definition of sight and seeing is public opinion or media humdrum. Then yes, you have not yet learned to see with your eyes, or know the difference there in.

Now! That is out of the way, would you all just kindly return to your daily scheduled programing.

posted on Aug, 5 2018 @ 02:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Interesting how so many will cling to the media all because it confirms their own bias.

People would rather hear a lie they like over a fact they don't like.

Yes and you are one of those people.

posted on Aug, 5 2018 @ 03:53 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

You say that as if it's a bad thing. I am retired. I have infinite time to research and learn.
I'm inspired to learn about new things by ideas that others offer up. That's called having an open mind .

posted on Aug, 5 2018 @ 04:04 AM
link   

Why would you think the media doesn't have your interests as it's directive? You are the one who pays the bills.
But none the less, that's emotion stuff that has no place in the argument.

The fact is that the government is checked by the free press.
That is exactly what is going on right now and you have a man with too much power and too little awareness who is trying so hard to stop them. Stop anyone and anything that challenges his self preception (which you must admit is seriously warped).
He has the platform to reach millions of people and all he cares about is bad press.
Spreading lies. Cheating figures, inflating achievements, slandering opposition. Those are all tools that trump employs.
He doesn't come near the truth because he completely constructs his own reality. And now the reality of millions who hang on his every word.

posted on Aug, 5 2018 @ 04:20 AM
link   

I don't think that 80% of the population was against our entry into WWII.
I believe most young men were eager to go and whip Hitler's ass.
A good indicator of how the populace was feeling can be obtained from books and movies from the time period. (Since direct interviews may be challenging now).
I'm a boomer. A product of WWII. I saw a lot of movies from the time when I was young when tv didn't have a thousand channels. It seems to be that patriotism was stronger then.
And we were invested in a free world. I know movies dramatize life situations but they also capture a time capsule for the era they were produced.
I don't think a hugh amount of the populace was opposed to our entry into the war.
After Pearl Harbor it was probably more like 80% for it.

posted on Aug, 5 2018 @ 04:25 AM
link   
a reply to: SgtHamsandwich

Are you baiting and trolling the thread?

I don't know what's in his heart.

I do know he's a proven liar.
I see his actions. I could be completely wrong in thinking his actions reveal what's in his heart. Maybe I am.
Maybe I'm not.

posted on Aug, 5 2018 @ 04:32 AM
link   
a reply to: toms54
Mr. Tom you are a prime example of civility.
Your humbleness is admirable. Your apology is appreciated and happily accepted..
On to the next battle. LOL.

posted on Aug, 5 2018 @ 05:47 AM
link   

a reply to: SgtHamsandwich

Are you baiting and trolling the thread?

I don't know what's in his heart.

I do know he's a proven liar.
I see his actions. I could be completely wrong in thinking his actions reveal what's in his heart. Maybe I am.
Maybe I'm not.

I can see baiting maybe, not so much trolling though. My apologies.

I'm seeing the "he is a liar argument" a lot. I get that, I don't refute that. My issue comes with those that try to hold the higher moral ground as if there are magical unicorn politicians on their side that don't lie. THEY ALL LIE, the whole lot of them. Red/blue, left/right, doesn't matter.

What does matter is what he has done thus far for the country. He has made good on a lot of his campaign promises, and what he hasn't yet, he is working on. You can't refute the current jobs numbers, stock numbers, GDP, low unemployment numbers. These are things Obama said himself could never happen that we just have to suck it up, "this is the new normal" HAHAHAHA Peace with NK, better trade deals, EO to stop the separation of families at the boarder due to a Clinton era law, ISIS almost wiped out, tax cuts for everyone. These are all great things.

Answer me this, just what have the democrats done or accomplished in the last two years to help this country? Pissing and moaning about Trump just isn't helping.

posted on Aug, 5 2018 @ 08:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Well thank you for that insight into your reasoning. It certainly allows a few more puzzle pieces to fall in place.

It is interesting that you fully believe the media is there for us, the small fish of the USA inc machine. It would be interesting to see where their funding actually comes from anymore. With their viewership in tatters and the power of advertising through TV commercials getting less and less each day, you would almost think they would have folded by now.

But then the news flagships get bought out by huge conglomerates and the money problem is corrected. I would imagine that running a news organization is a huge see of red on the balance sheet anymore. The simple fact they are still around with the same model should raise some flags at least.

Have you always swallowed what mainstream tells you? Have you always swallowed the official chronology of history, just as their books tell us? Is there anything that you question and apply morals with a little bit of intuition into these tales of fancy?

Is it easier to just believe what you are told without questioning?

and have you researched into the opposition to WWII at all? would it be too uncomfortable? do you conspiracy at all?

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join