It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The lying media!!!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2018 @ 08:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: DrumsRfun
Its kind of deranged how a thread about the media that lies turns into a pathetic Trump argument.

Lets go back a bit for sanity purposes.
Iraq and WMDS,The Gulf of Tonkin....I could go on and on.

Really...its Trump??

In case you have missed it, trump has been calling the news fake since he got divorced to Ivana and didn’t like the headlines they wrote

Trump is smearing the media as fake news

posted on Aug, 4 2018 @ 08:55 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Now that there lives the reality of twitter jurors, the mental manipulation of media consumption will only escalate as well.

They just switched from Nielsen ratings to Facebook and Twitter data to determine who is falling for their tricks.

Clicking a 'like' button is a surefire way to fuel mainstream media tactics... which the easily manipulated signed up for in droves.

posted on Aug, 4 2018 @ 08:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Whereismypassword

Really.....

I assumed he got all that from Manaforts Ukrainian political strategy..

Manafort played the fake news game with Russian help as he backed the previous Ukrainian President who was a Russian puppet .

Sam harris has a republican who has writtten a bunch of books on Russia’s fake news tactics and she pinned it on manafort. Saying that manafort used the exact same Russian tactics in Ukraine.

posted on Aug, 4 2018 @ 09:00 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

link   

I've got a great idea for you. If you think it's fake, turn it off and pay no attention. Frankly, I'm a bit tired of the fake MSM crap.

Most of what I'm hearing on MSM are Donald Trump's actual words. Video of him speaking. I can take it from there. I don't need the media to tell me how to interpret it. And from what I can determine, Trump is the biggest offender of FAKE NEWS himself.

Why don't you start there? Try and see if you can get the Liar in Chief to stop the BS. I'm betting Trump could never get through a day without telling a lie. If he was Pinocchio, the man's nose would reach the moon.

edit on 4-8-2018 by MiddleInsite because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

It’s dangerous that many believe the Presidents fake news smear, and a little worrying so many mods here agree with Potus

The Qult are dangerous

posted on Aug, 4 2018 @ 09:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: CB328
The media rarely lie, at least mainstream media. They may have misleading headlines, but when you actually read the stories you will rarely find lies there, except when it comes to the war on white people and pushing Islam.

It is not only the lies, but the fact that they turn almost every story into an editorial, presenting the "news" from a biased standpoint and giving opinions about it. That in itself is a form of deceit.

There is also deception by omission. The way they choose to avoid stories that are news that do not fit their narrative. The corruption of the Clinton's should have been bigger than Watergate, but hardly a word from MSM.
edit on 4-8-2018 by pointessa because: add

posted on Aug, 4 2018 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Trumps 'big lie" will soon be revealed. Even his strongest supporters will be forced to look truth square in that orange face and see how they were manipulated.
edit on 4-8-2018 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2018 @ 09:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Whereismypassword
a reply to: JoshuaCox

It’s dangerous that many believe the Presidents fake news smear, and a little worrying so many mods here agree with Potus

The Qult are dangerous

It's worrying to me that you can not see what is going on with MSM. Can you actually read or watch the bias, whether you agree with it or not and not see the fake element to it?

edit on 4-8-2018 by pointessa because: added

edit on 4-8-2018 by pointessa because: removed wrong post

posted on Aug, 4 2018 @ 09:03 AM
link   
What trump fails to realize is ( well lots of things but I digress) is that the media has always kept the government in check. Our free press is as much a part of the checks and balances on the government as the division of governmental departments and the constitution itself.
His onslaught and attacks are against the truth about himself and his super sized ego that can't take criticisms.
He's trying to destroy the free press and our first amendment in the process.
Because he's the biggest friggin snow flake ever. Oh and he lies like a rug.

posted on Aug, 4 2018 @ 09:07 AM
link   
a reply to: pointessa

I’m from the U.K. and it’s neutral here, very down the middle political with either sides of the spectrum being brought in to debate certain topics to keep things balanced

I have seen American Media and they have people on left and right to balance it

At the end of the day the media caters to an audience, if you are not that audience switch over

posted on Aug, 4 2018 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Interesting how so many will cling to the media all because it confirms their own bias.

People would rather hear a lie they like over a fact they don't like.

posted on Aug, 4 2018 @ 09:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

A strong press is critical for keeping the governments in check

This fake news stuff is a slur on them

So let’s say Kim is building more missiles, he just needs to say “fake press, media is so dishonest.You not allowed at next press briefing get them out now “

We need the press and we need trump out sooner than later

link   

I salute you for trying. I suspect there are a lot of people that love their hate too much to let it go. Their team will always be right and how DARE you suggest they are just as dirty as everyone else. I agree that the corruption doesn't really serve either side specifically, it serves the true masters who are beyond petty R & D theatrics.

The media doesn't even need to lie. They can shape opinions by simply choosing which stories to promote and which to ignore. There is also a possibility they are so stupid they don't even realize what they believe are facts, could be simple propaganda made up by others. Then they don't have to get their hands dirty, all they have to do is be stupid and parrot what someone else tells them to report on. They should be investigating, but I suspect if that were to happen, their funding would magically disappear.

I will believe in the good will of the press once they start with simple investigation and reporting on things that our masters would like to remain hidden. Like the war in Yemen that is killing 1000's of innocent civilians. Why don't we hear about that? Why don't they report on the complete independence of the federal reserve and how much fraud is in the financial sector. It would be like shooting fish in a barrel.

The press is controlled by the same people that control our politicians. They don't even need to lie because there is no one outside of the independent media that is reporting on the important issues.

link   
a reply to: olaru12

Have to disagree with you on your "orange face" (dated) slam.
These are companies that own almost all we see hear and read. This means they control what the great majority think and talk about and think about.

One example of why I don't think "orange face" is part of the problem (so far), is his difference in stance on trade.
Every other pres had basically sat on their thumb as far as trade is concerned. Many average people feel there was/is something wrong with our trade practices. "Orange" is using tariff to change things.
edit on 4-8-2018 by atsgrounded because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2018 @ 09:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
This isn't a left vs right idea, but it will be interesting to see how the "my team vs. your team" players will deal with this.

Being lied to sucks no matter who is doing the lying.

Wow, didn't even make it halfway through page 1 before I started seeing that. lol That's why we can't have nice things.

posted on Aug, 4 2018 @ 09:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Interesting how so many will cling to the media all because it confirms their own bias.

People would rather hear a lie they like over a fact they don't like.

Wait. We re talking about the media in this thread?

All I see is Trump trolls.
edit on 2018/8/4 by Metallicus because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2018 @ 09:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

The "reee" is very strong today.

posted on Aug, 4 2018 @ 09:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

Trump has made 4000+ false or misleading statements since taking office.

Just sayin...

“Collusion is not a crime, but that doesn’t matter because there was No Collusion (except by Crooked Hillary and the Democrats)!”

That one alone he used 110 times!

Read up. In the meanwhile, there is absolutely nothing that the Trump's campaign did that Clinton's campaign wasn't equally guilty of, except that Clinton's campaign indirectly paid money to foreigners to obtain her "opposition research".

The term “collusion” is defined as “concerted activity toward a common purpose.”[2] The colloquial connotation of the word indicates that people who “collude” have worked together, usually in secret, to do something illegal. Still, other than in an antitrust context, “collusion” is not the name of a crime. (In antitrust law, two product sellers who conspire to set the price for goods may be guilty of “collusion,” but that is obviously not relevant here.) Former federal prosecutor Andrew McCarthy recently wrote that “collusion is a hopelessly vague term.”[3] There is no federal law that criminalizes collusion between a political campaign and foreign government. Even though “colluding” with a foreign government, especially one as hostile as the Russian government may be inappropriate or politically damaging, it’s not illegal. In this sense, collusion is viewed as a political term and not a legal term. As a result, Trump Jr, Manafort, and Kushner could not be prosecuted under a charge called “collusion.”

nationalparalegal.edu...

posted on Aug, 4 2018 @ 09:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: toms54

originally posted by: blackrabbit1
Trump is by far the biggest purveyor of fake news, downright lies and delusional statements!

If that's true it's saying something. You gotta be one heck of a liar to top the democrat bs.
trumps the best at everything...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join