It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yes, The U.S. Leads All Countries In Reducing Carbon Emissions

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2018 @ 08:57 AM
link   
a reply to: wmd_2008

UN includes Russia as a member of Europe pop incl them 741.4 m take Russia away 132m now 609 m so population of Europe 609m EU members is now about 512m.

You said the EU, that's why I responded. Yes, the entirety of europe has double the poulation.

USA 5.14 billion tons produced during 2017

EU 1.82 billion tons.

Whatever way you look at it USA produces to much per person.

Yes, the US produces more per person. That's due to a variety of factors including that we are a smaller population that occupies a much larger geographic footprint. Travel is one of the leading contributors and we have to travel further

As for the rest, I really don't care because CO2 doesn't cause appreciable warming. I'll make as much plant food as I feel like making and not even think twice about it.

posted on Aug, 8 2018 @ 11:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Dfairlite

Really only 36% of Americans have a passport some never leave their own town or state .

Do Co2 levels boost plant growth

posted on Aug, 8 2018 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Yes. Really.

Plants take carbon dioxide and water and combine them using light energy to produce sugars and oxygen. Ergo, producing plant food.

posted on Aug, 9 2018 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Really, you have stats to back up that most Americans don't ever leave their hometowns? Plenty of people here in the UK have never left their home county.

posted on Aug, 9 2018 @ 09:04 AM
link   
a reply to: lakenheath24

Really, you have stats to back up that most Americans don't ever leave their hometowns?

I think there's a general perception that Americans aren't really the most travelled people and I suspect that statistics, if somebody could be arsed to get them, would back this up.
And I think that many who live in the inner city urban areas would rarely travel outside their home town.

However,

Plenty of people here in the UK have never left their home county.

I know plenty of people here in the UK who only travel outside their postcode to sign on!

What any of this has to do with carbon emissions I don't really know.......?

posted on Aug, 9 2018 @ 09:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

It doesn't. Just answering a post that I prolly shouldn't have. Unless of course one is saying that people in the US drive further, thus polluting more? I dunno...I could believe that.

I was just trying to get across that there is no need for an accord, and a vast sum of money, when the biggest polluter is reducing it's carbon emissions. Which, BTW, I think is a tiny problem compared to plastic straws.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join