It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Evidence of Incoming Sunday Laws: In Screenshots

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2018 @ 01:43 AM
link   
A Sabbath for the earth and the poor: The Challenge of Pope Francis. This would mean nothing if it wasn't prophesied. People say such a thing would never happen in America, the land of religious freedom. But as every second passes by, we inch closer towards the final fulfillment of religious Sunday Laws. America already tired to do this in the 1880's with the Blair Bill, which was shot down, praise be to God, and it took the help of a Seventh Day Adventist to tell them to stop, along with other testimonies. Though it was never passed, blue laws still exist today. North Dakota just recently refused to back down from their blue laws. Catholics, Buddhists, and Americans for the separation of church and state (how?) are fighting for a farmers day of rest in New York. But these points are just small when you don't look at the bigger picture. Take a look, as it is less than 6 minutes long. Watch how global warming/climate change is being used to help enforce the mark of the beast (Sunday Laws).

edit on 4-8-2018 by ScatteredThirdAngel because: Video Issue

posted on Aug, 4 2018 @ 01:51 AM
link   
a reply to: ScatteredThirdAngel

The mark of the beast is "sunday laws'"?

Thats a new one...

posted on Aug, 4 2018 @ 01:56 AM
link   

What I want to know is: If Christians cared so much about Sundays being sacred because that's the day God said to rest, why didn't they ever come up with excuses as to why the days of the week are named after a completely different pantheon of gods?
edit on 4-8-2018 by Atsbhct because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2018 @ 01:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Atsbhct

Well... First of all, sunday is the first day of the week...

The sabbath is friday at sundown to saturday at sundown...

And keep in mind Christianity adopted a lot of pagan ideas within the first 500 years

posted on Aug, 4 2018 @ 02:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Atsbhct

What I want to know is: If Christians cared so much about Sundays being sacred because that's the day God said to rest, why didn't they ever come up with excuses as to why the days of the week are named after a completely different pantheon of gods?

The days of the week were not originally named this way, especially in the Hebrew culture. Many cultures, particularly those of the Romance languages, call the 7th Day "Sabbath", that which we call Saturday today.
edit on 4-8-2018 by ScatteredThirdAngel because: More succinct

posted on Aug, 4 2018 @ 02:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Akragon
a reply to: Atsbhct

Well... First of all, sunday is the first day of the week...

The sabbath is friday at sundown to saturday at sundown...

And keep in mind Christianity adopted a lot of pagan ideas within the first 500 years

Absolutely. Christianity, or more specifically, Catholicism adopted pagan doctrines and beliefs to "win converts". They won nothing but the right hand of fellowship with the world, and lost their hold on Christ. Sad.

posted on Aug, 4 2018 @ 02:25 AM
link   
You are Seventh-Day Adventist by any chance? I have met several and read some of their books. The one that stands out in my memory is The Great Controversy by Helen White.

They have views similar to those stated in the OP.

I have talked in great length, and even written letters to prominent members of the sect, both extolling their beliefs in the Bible that are accurate, and also trying to reason with them why these events will most likely never come about before the end.

Religion is a stench. It will only lose favor with the people, not gain it. It has lost its tight grip it once had. While it is true it still highly influences politics, every decade you see its waters dry up more and more. And soon she will be destroyed by her former paramours at he behest of God himself.

posted on Aug, 4 2018 @ 02:27 AM
link   
I thought this thread was going to be about a return to closing commerce centers on Sunday again.

I'll show myself out.

posted on Aug, 4 2018 @ 02:47 AM
link   
This Sunday law thing is really only associated with Seventh Day Adventists, they are chained up in religion and for some reason subject to Old Testament law
Very confused group of individuals who don't seem to believe in grace

Not many Christians worry about Sunday laws at all, just this minor sect mostly
As much as we Christians love each other, we don't agree that Sunday las are inevitable or relevant

Religion is a stench and God Himself ended it through Christ, I dearly hope Christians will all realise that we are saved by grace not works

posted on Aug, 4 2018 @ 06:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman
Religion is a stench and God Himself ended it through Christ, I dearly hope Christians will all realise that we are saved by grace not works

So Christianity isn't a Religion or God just replaced one stench for another?

posted on Aug, 4 2018 @ 06:26 AM
link   
a reply to: ATruGod

Some things are not worth explaining to some people

posted on Aug, 4 2018 @ 09:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Atsbhct

Christians find Sundays to be sacred, huh...

Go to any restaurant within sneezing distance of a church on a Sunday, and see how they abuse the wait staff.
Or show up after church to their homes during ANY sporting season (especially football), and see how sacred they hold the 'day of rest'.

Then watch them act like they do every other day of the week. *rolls eyes*

edit on 4-8-2018 by wylekat because: I forgot words

posted on Aug, 4 2018 @ 09:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

Which is why the religion is as horrible as it is now. "I can sin my little black heart out, be as nasty as I want to the dirty, lazy, unwashed poor, and Jesus will still love ME".

I'd pay real money to watch Jesus come down, take one look, give the entirety of christians the finger, and then take all of those 'lazy, unwashed poor' to heaven, leaving the believers to fend for themselves.

posted on Aug, 4 2018 @ 10:58 AM
link   
a reply to: wylekat

That might be your direct understanding but
that doesn't make it right

You would do well to read Pauls message to the Corinthian church, kinda makes your opinion rather invalid and simpleton esque

Good try but very naive

posted on Aug, 4 2018 @ 11:01 AM
link   

It's funny listening to an atheist preaching their naive understanding of Christianity at christians
Can you show me where Christians can't watch sport on a Sunday, where Christians have to go to church on a Sunday

You really need to do your homework before making a goose of yourself

posted on Aug, 4 2018 @ 05:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

I always understood the sabbath was saturday as well.

posted on Aug, 4 2018 @ 06:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: redletter
You are Seventh-Day Adventist by any chance? I have met several and read some of their books. The one that stands out in my memory is The Great Controversy by Helen White.

They have views similar to those stated in the OP.

I have talked in great length, and even written letters to prominent members of the sect, both extolling their beliefs in the Bible that are accurate, and also trying to reason with them why these events will most likely never come about before the end.

Religion is a stench. It will only lose favor with the people, not gain it. It has lost its tight grip it once had. While it is true it still highly influences politics, every decade you see its waters dry up more and more. And soon she will be destroyed by her former paramours at he behest of God himself.

Thanks for your comment.

No, I am not a Seventh Day Adventist at all, actually. Now, you can try to reason that this would never happen, but the events continue to progress forward despite people saying it would never happen.

Soon there will be a one world religion, before the religion of Christ actually obliterates Satan's false religion.
edit on 4-8-2018 by ScatteredThirdAngel because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2018 @ 06:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman

It's funny listening to an atheist preaching their naive understanding of Christianity at christians
Can you show me where Christians can't watch sport on a Sunday, where Christians have to go to church on a Sunday

You really need to do your homework before making a goose of yourself

Not Sunday, but Sabbath.

Hebrews 10:25  Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching.

Leviticus 23:3  Six days shall work be done: but the seventh day is the sabbath of rest, an holy convocation; ye shall do no work therein: it is the sabbath of the LORD in all your dwellings.

Isaiah 58:13-14  If thou turn away thy foot from the sabbath, from doing thy pleasure on my holy day; and call the sabbath a delight, the holy of the LORD, honourable; and shalt honour him, not doing thine own ways, nor finding thine own pleasure, nor speaking thine own words:  14  Then shalt thou delight thyself in the LORD; and I will cause thee to ride upon the high places of the earth, and feed thee with the heritage of Jacob thy father: for the mouth of the LORD hath spoken it.

posted on Aug, 4 2018 @ 07:54 PM
link   

So you are using Jewish laws about sabath to force what you believe a Christian should do on me? Really

In Hebrews, where does it say the "sabath day"?
It does say to assemble but Hebrews does not say a day
Then
You use Old Testament, Mosaic laws from the Old Testament and apply them to Christianity, that's dumb, just dumb. Am I a Jew or. Christian

A non Christian preaching their beliefs about Christianity at a christian, just so dumb

You havnt a clue what you are talking about

posted on Aug, 4 2018 @ 07:58 PM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

The Sabath was a day that God set apart for the Jews to rest and worship, there is a lot of conjecture between Sataurday and Sunday
Christians are not subject to Mosaic law, Christans are not subject to the sabath, we can and should worship God everyday, we rest in Jesus

It's a seventh day Adventist thing, don't understand their theology so can't really comment

top topics

<<   2 >>

join