It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canada: Social Democrats Demand Handgun Bans, Feds “Open to All Options”

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2018 @ 11:29 AM
link   
a reply to: one4all

In many rural areas of Canada and rthat means MOST OF THE ENTIRE COUNTRY owning guns is a requirement and a need...they are a usefull tool.

I don't know of even one farmer or rural dweller that has a handgun.
Just lots of rifles.

Everyone has at least one rifle.

posted on Aug, 4 2018 @ 03:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: snowspirit

In many rural areas of Canada and rthat means MOST OF THE ENTIRE COUNTRY owning guns is a requirement and a need...they are a usefull tool.

I don't know of even one farmer or rural dweller that has a handgun.
Just lots of rifles.

Everyone has at least one rifle.

They don't own handguns because as I outlined their provincial Government has ILLEGALLY COLLUDED WITH OTHER PROVINCIAL GOVERNMENTS to undermine the Charter Rights and Freedoms of all Canadians...…..they have lied to us all by proxy....and if those Farmers you know had acess to handguns freely as their Federal Laws say they should all have...then as a former farmer and Rural resident I will say that 80% of them would right now today own handguns....handguns are a much more suitable tool in many Rural situations than long guns are.

Had we not been lied to everyone would have at least one Rifle and at least one Handgun IMHO.

Common sense has to come into the equation sooner or later right.....I mean you can put the worlds best lock on your door and I can buy a Chainsaw and zip around it in 3 seconds or less.....if I want to get in I am getting in and if I cannot get in then something liquid is streaming under your door followed by my zippo because a determined person cannot be stopped by preventative measures more aggression must be used to stop a determined person .....I had a dog problem at my fishing hole where I would take kids to learn and enjoy....you see some punks thought it was a great idea to bring their big nasty Pitbulls and Rottys to the beach then cut them all loose for a run...ACROSS ALL OF THE PEOPLES FISHING LINES AND GEAR AND AMONGST ALL THE KIDS....now I am no psychic but I have seen a dog be hooked with a fishing lure on a beach before and he went batspit crazy and DID bite his owner who tried to untangle him....suffice to say these were my kids and all bets were off...I walked up to the group of thugs who were in their mid/late 20s holding a container of lighter fluid in one hand and my Zippo in the other....I asked the biggest most tattooed loudest mouthed one if he would please leash his dogs and take them away from the fishermen and kids....is reply was go BLANK yourself old man BLANK off.....lol....so I showed him the lighter fluid and the zippo which I snapped on into flame....then I asked him which one of the pretty little BLANKING PUPPIES he wanted to see turned into a wimpering BLANKING MARSHMALLOW first...and then before he could answer I slowly started to whistle to call the dogs owner to us....the little PLICK and his friends ran like a sissys to collect their dogs and bootleg away from the good people who were fishing peacefully...this was a Zippo and a 3.00 container of lighter fluid...not to mention that me and the kids ALL carry high powered slingshots and ball bearings in our fishing boxes for when it gets boring or for when Drones invade our privacy....we are a no-Drone Zone and have a sign to warn operators.

The splitting of the hair between long guns and handguns is a RED FLAG for all of us that something very very big is FISHY.

Common sense says people kill people with whatever they choose to use...making the masses defenseless is a laughable solution and is as I said a MASSIVE RED FLAG.

posted on Aug, 4 2018 @ 05:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

SO basically....canada is the new france that are so whipped by their government they ask please may i have another one right?

posted on Aug, 4 2018 @ 05:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

SO basically....canada is the new france that are so whipped by their government they ask please may i have another one right?

Canada never had the freedoms us Americans had or the amount of guns in circulation that the US has. They don’t understand that our prison system is already over populated and that if we were to try to ban handguns that we’d be worse off because only criminals would use them.

The statistics are very different.

posted on Aug, 4 2018 @ 09:54 PM
link   

No.... we just prefer not to shoot each other

Canadian politeness and all

posted on Aug, 4 2018 @ 10:25 PM
link   

It's not that much harder to own a handgun..an extra 4 hr course. unless of course if the police think you're a whackjob.

I think the current regs are reasonable, but who knows, the Liberals where the ones who introduced the giant fiasco long gun registry, they very well might push for something..I don't think any more than what is in place is useful.

posted on Aug, 5 2018 @ 02:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Akragon

LEad builds character. Your leaders are punk bitches though.(no offense intented to you though.)

posted on Aug, 5 2018 @ 03:19 AM
link   

LEad builds character.

Your leaders are punk bitches though.(no offense intented to you though.)

LOL... but we learned a few thousand years ago that lead was also poisonous

Same goes for most "leaders"... by the way

posted on Aug, 5 2018 @ 08:00 AM
link   

LEad builds character. Your leaders are punk bitches though.(no offense intented to you though.)

Lead also build coffins. While we have an abundance of wood we prefer not to use it in this manner.

As to leaders do you REALLY want o get into that?

posted on Aug, 5 2018 @ 08:03 AM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

Well this is good!

Because, as we all know, Canadian criminals obey the law.

posted on Aug, 5 2018 @ 08:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: infolurker

Well this is good!

Because, as we all know, Canadian criminals obey the law.

Well once you get outside of Toronto and Vancouver our gun violence is minimal, so yeah. BTW, those guns used in TO mostly come from the States via Detroit. Part of free trade I guess.

posted on Aug, 5 2018 @ 08:13 AM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

So restricting the rights of people who obey the law will somehow stop criminals from breaking the law.

The logic eludes me.

posted on Aug, 5 2018 @ 08:33 AM
link   

So restricting the rights of people who obey the law will somehow stop criminals from breaking the law.

The logic eludes me.

We don't NEED handguns in our day to day lives. You can legally get them if you REALLY want them.

I'm not surprised at your confusion. Your society is inundated with a NEED for guns. Others just don't need them. That's why the logic eludes you. I'm sure this is what the source was intended to do.

posted on Aug, 5 2018 @ 08:37 AM
link   

You're going to have to type slower.

I still don't get it.

How is restricting the rights of people who obey the law stopping criminals from breaking the law?

posted on Aug, 5 2018 @ 08:40 AM
link   

I still don't get it.

How is restricting the rights of people who obey the law stopping criminals from breaking the law?

Look at it backwards. How is owning a gun stopping criminals from breaking the law? They're going to do what they will. Those arguments that are used in the States don't fly elsewhere.

posted on Aug, 5 2018 @ 08:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

I still don't get it.

Look at it backwards. How is owning a gun stopping criminals from breaking the law? They're going to do what they will. Those arguments that are used in the States don't fly elsewhere.

Thank you.

Legally owning a gun will not stop criminals from doing what they will.

We can both agree on this.

So the current solution to gun crime in Canada is in no way a solution at all.

It's just a move to restrict the rights of Canadian citizens.

posted on Aug, 5 2018 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Guns or not, I strongly suspect your crime rates will be rising over the course of the next 10 years.

Sad, really. But that is the way it goes.

posted on Aug, 5 2018 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Solution? To what problem? We don't have one here.

posted on Aug, 5 2018 @ 08:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS

Guns or not, I strongly suspect your crime rates will be rising over the course of the next 10 years.

Sad, really. But that is the way it goes.

See? This is another difference between us. We don't live in fear.

posted on Aug, 5 2018 @ 09:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

Solution? To what problem? We don't have one here.

Oh.

There is just a movement to reduce the rights of Canadian citizens.

Err. . . . okay. Can't say that I'd support that.

I do try to always side for more freedoms.

*shrugs*

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join