It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Report: Trump commission did not find widespread voter fraud

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2018 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Well nothing indicating in the very least that 5 million illegals voted in the 2016 elections:

The now-disbanded voting integrity commission launched by the Trump administration uncovered no evidence to support claims of widespread voter fraud, according to an analysis of administration documents released Friday.

In a letter to Vice President Mike Pence and Kansas Secretary of State Kris Kobach, who are both Republicans and led the commission, Maine Secretary of State Matthew Dunlap said the documents show there was a “pre-ordained outcome” and that drafts of a commission report included a section on evidence of voter fraud that was “glaringly empty.”

Republican President Donald Trump convened the commission to investigate the 2016 presidential election after making unsubstantiated claims that between 3 million and 5 million ballots were illegally cast. Critics, including Dunlap, reject his claims of widespread voter fraud.

The Trump administration last month complied with a court order to turn over documents from the voting integrity commission to Dunlap. The commission met just twice and has not issued a report.

The Associated Press

As you may recall, Trump made an unsubstantiated claim that between 3 million and 5 million ballots were illegally cast in the 2016 election. Given the significance of those numbers one would assume this commission would uncover a significant amount of evidence numbering, in the very least, the 100,000s but this doesn't appear to be the case. Hillary won more 3 million votes that that of Trump (both fell short of the popular vote) so in this scenario 100% of those votes, at the lower estimate, would have to be from those illegals - statistically improbable.

Mind you this isn't to say there haven't been any illegal votes uncovered by the commission so it wasn't completely fruitless. For example there have been over 1000 successful convictions of voter fraud since the 2000 elections so there's that.

edit on 3-8-2018 by Southern Guardian because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2018 @ 09:46 PM
link   
How would you know if they’re undocumented?

posted on Aug, 3 2018 @ 09:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: avgguy
How would you know if they’re undocumented?

That's the "Catch".

You don't and you won't.

💥😃💥

posted on Aug, 3 2018 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Voters ID should be mandatory in this country, in every election or whenever a citizen votes in every state.

Without it, there's no way to know.

There are MILLIONS of illegals in this country.

posted on Aug, 3 2018 @ 10:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian

What's fruitless and wasteful of our taxpayer dollars is the Mueller witch-hunt.

posted on Aug, 3 2018 @ 10:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

What's fruitless and wasteful of our taxpayer dollars is the Mueller witch-hunt.

Some time before 2024 Mueller and team are going to find something actionable.

Be patient.

posted on Aug, 3 2018 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Is this the commission that states wouldn't work with? They needed info to match, but the media made it out like they wanted to steal peoples identity or at least open them up to that potential? The majority of wuihich was public accessible information that they wanted to put up against voter rolls and registrations.

posted on Aug, 3 2018 @ 10:06 PM
link   
a reply to: ausername

Additional voter ID laws are a State issue and are already in force in 31 States. This includes Florida, Michigan, Virginia and New Hampshire, toss up states. There's been little evidence to indicate that make a difference if any at all.

I don't actually mind presenting additional ID to vote. The issue becomes apparent when certain IDs are restricted ID Gun licences are accepted or drivers licences yet not everybody has those. Needs to be assistance for those left out of the loop in the very least.

posted on Aug, 3 2018 @ 10:08 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Uhuh.... much like the 7 Hillary investigations, the dozen Benghazi investigations and the 200+ odd birther lawsuits.

Getting back to that Voting integrity commission now... the topic of the OP...

posted on Aug, 3 2018 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Nice... A Maine DEM is the source.. OP link didn't work for me, but I located an AP article with the same headline...

apnews.com...

The reason why the commission on voter fraud shuttered, was due to states non cooperation, which I agree with...

I am happy that state's rights shut it down..

posted on Aug, 3 2018 @ 10:18 PM
link   

im thinking fake news Trump disbanded the commission back in January 2018. Many states refused them access to voter rolls making the job impossible. Interesting fact though ICE said it can use California voters registration to find illegal criminals. Think this is the reason for the attack on ICE?

Back in November 2016, San Francisco became the first city in California, and one of the first in the nation, to allow undocumented immigrants to vote in school board elections. It was a huge victory for foreigners hoping to have more of a voice in their children’s education—at least 1 in 3 students in San Francisco’s public schools are believed to have an immigrant parent, many of whom are reportedly thought to be undocumented. “The only thing that put a damper on it was that Trump was elected as our president,” says Sandra Lee Fewer, a city supervisor

www.motherjones.com...

posted on Aug, 3 2018 @ 10:23 PM
link   
a reply to: JacKatMtn

Obviously ignoring past investigations, many of them spanning over the decades, showing no evidence of wide-spread voter fraud right? Like when the Texas AG back in the 2000s could only track down some 58 fraudulent voters and convictions after claiming there were 1000's of them in his little investigation? Or the unsubstantiated claim which lead to an investigation and lead to little to no result of voter fraud in Illinois? What? 76 convictions?

I understand Jack. You want an investigation to confirm your beliefs. You don't want an actual investigation. That's very clear from you and the others on here.

posted on Aug, 3 2018 @ 10:30 PM
link   

That's silly...

There has been plenty of evidence presented, some actually on the record, of folks within the US, actively planning, coordinating & executing ballot box manipulation...

But hey... ignore it... not like this article presented had anything to do with midterms.... kinda planting a seed?

There is bound to be more where this came from, what's next on your list?

posted on Aug, 4 2018 @ 12:24 AM
link   

I am British and we have to register to vote through the electoral role.

I've seen enough evidence to suggest that the United States does not maintain the same standards we do when it comes to general elections.

posted on Aug, 4 2018 @ 12:40 AM
link   
Its 2018, get voters ID cards. If people care even a little they would get one. Make them free I don't care, but if a person can not find time to get one do we really want them to vote. Hell, for that 93 year old block woman go to her house and give her one...

posted on Aug, 4 2018 @ 12:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes

I am British and we have to register to vote through the electoral role.

I've seen enough evidence to suggest that the United States does not maintain the same standards we do when it comes to general elections.

In America to prove who you are to vote is seen as taking the rights from the poor, well at least that is what the liberals say.

posted on Aug, 4 2018 @ 12:57 AM
link   
So Trump makes a claim and his people are in here saying that it is the Democrats that have this proof and are not sharing it.

Trump said 5 million illegals or less voted in the 2016 elections, so he must have seen some evidence...right?, so why isn't he sharing it?

Blaming the other side for withholding evidence about non-existence evidence of illegal elections when it is Trump who has to bring forth evidence of his claim, is pretty idiotic.
edit on 4-8-2018 by damonster because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2018 @ 12:59 AM
link   
a reply to: ausername

If we have to use an ID to purchase groceries...

posted on Aug, 4 2018 @ 01:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

posted on Aug, 4 2018 @ 06:16 AM
link   
I think they found something.

I think they poked around, dug up a can of worms, opened it, said OMFG, slowly closed it back up and re buried it in the interest of national security. I think it's worse then they ever imagined and to prevent a complete breakdown in the system they just said nope, we outta here.

It's pure speculation on my part and no I can't prove anything. I don't trust the lot of them, dems/repubs, the government, media, none of them.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join