It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Central Intelligence Agency's "Family Jewels" Revisited! I think I found a Redaction Error...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2018 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Revisiting some the 'Agency's' deepest secrets from it's earliest origin's up to the 1970's, DCI Bill Colby exposed many classified and secret activities under oath during several briefings, called the Church Committee and Pike Committee.

In regards to surveillance, in the original Family Jewels documents, I guess the page number to be 00026, paragraph B, surveillance was requested by CI staff (counterintelligence) and approved by DCI, for the time period of May to September 1971. The person in question is described as a WH Division asset, using the pronoun 'she.' 'She' reportedly had given information to CIA regarding a sinister plan to either kill or kidnap the Vice President (Agnew), and the DCI. It doesn't sound as if this 'she' is a United States citizen, as it describes surveillance they conducted on two of her 'visits to the United States.'

The woman's name is redacted in the title of the paragraph, and in first sentence of the paragraph, though the pronoun 'she' is not blackened out throughout. However, half-way down the paragraph, the name, 'Miss King,' is clearly Not redacted. Is this a mistake? Who is this Miss King? Did the editing team miss this name reference prior to releasing these files? I am currently researching who this person might be. I would love to hear from anyone on this site that can shed light on this topic.

Cosmic

posted on Aug, 3 2018 @ 04:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Cosmic911

First name that comes to mind for me is Coretta Scott King, Martin Luther King Jr.'s wife.

She was quite active politically.

Wiki

posted on Aug, 3 2018 @ 09:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Admitted

Exactly what I thought, especially given the era, however, I am not familiar enough with MLK's wife to know whether or not she moved out of the U.S. after her husband's death... I also cannot imagine that she would have been associated with murder and kidnapping plots. Lol. Thanks for the post!
edit on 3-8-2018 by Cosmic911 because: additional language

new topics

join