It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ALL actions have consequences

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2018 @ 01:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape

i maintain - that ALL actions have consequences [ speech is just another action ]

Speech is a consequence.... of thought.

posted on Aug, 4 2018 @ 05:28 PM
link   
a reply to: BrianFlanders

I have aspergers so I am quite accustomed to saying things that are insulting prime example a few years ago I said to a women omg your baby is #ing ugly it looks dead! Needless to say her head nearly exploded (it was honestly the ugliest baby ever though) I'm not so bad now but do have leaky brain syndrome that any thoughts tend to exit out my mouth!

Another example was when I was in London Ontario and I went to a nice place to eat with a jewish family. I decided to be all intellectual and have a discussion on what positive things did Hitler bring to the world (inadvertently) I may as well raped his wife in front of the whole restaurant (I still had some good ideas with that conversation!) Eitherway, that's like the social acceptable forms of discussions we should sort of avoid but what I mean is this is free speech.. when you start saying things like I want to shoot every child in the local school... or perhaps I am building a nail bomb to plant at the next flat earthers society it becomes a different matter. Not just that how about being in a line for check-in at the airport and the Asian guy in front of you says "I made a bomb, I'm gona kill every one of these #ing infidels and fly the aircraft into a building" he might be joking... would you feel comfortable being on a flight with him? I'm guessing not.

Like I said, Free speech cannot exist in a society without consequence. If there is a consequence to some discussions then it is NOT free speech. Of course you should be able to say what you want about your government or anything that has a consensus opinion but the fact is there is a scale of disagreement right the way from a frown to throw you in prison and tbh rightly so.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join