It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Insidious': Trump White House Lied About US Poverty Levels to Discredit Critical UN Report

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2018 @ 05:12 PM
link   
a reply to: tinner07

So no ability to rebut the Heritage Foundation report from you? Got it. That's a "1" in the "cannot deny facts" tally and things are off to a roaring start here.

posted on Aug, 3 2018 @ 05:18 PM
link   
a reply to: pavil

Not only that, but extreme poverty has been declining precipitously for decades now, where it will be eradicated in our lifetime.

Target 1C. Halve the proportion of people who suffer from hunger

Globally, there is evidence of improvements in children's nutritional status. The target of reducing extreme poverty rates by half was met five years ahead of the 2015 deadline. In 1990, nearly half of the population in the developing regions lived on less than $1.25 a day. This rate dropped to 14 per cent in 2015.

WHO

posted on Aug, 3 2018 @ 06:19 PM
link   
This shouldn't surprise everyone trump has lied to you many times and people still love him. What a joke.

posted on Aug, 3 2018 @ 09:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: pavil
a reply to: FyreByrd

You think there are 18+ Million US citizens who fit that definition?

When you consider Flint, Michigan's water situation and Detroit in general, 18+ million doesn't seem too far a stretch.

That being said, I'm curious as to how the numbers on both sides were calculated. I can't seem to find any definitive numbers.

posted on Aug, 3 2018 @ 09:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: pavil
a reply to: FyreByrd

You think there are 18+ Million US citizens who fit that definition?

When you consider Flint, Michigan's water situation and Detroit in general, 18+ million doesn't seem too far a stretch.

That being said, I'm curious as to how the numbers on both sides were calculated. I can't seem to find any definitive numbers.

posted on Aug, 3 2018 @ 09:21 PM
link   
My husband and I are both Disabled....we live in subpoverty, roughly $16,000 a year for two people.

We're doing alright.

We only get $16 a month in SNAP benefits for our milk rations.

It's not glamorous, but we live frugally and make do.

Last month we went through a week without food because of an unexpected expense.

We're petrified our rent will increase because they've started gentrifying our neighborhood.

These numbers aren't surprising to me.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join