It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Junior Trump compares the DNC to 1930s Nazis

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2018 @ 10:23 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Why would I want to make a video about a propaganda subreddit to prove a point I made up?

posted on Aug, 3 2018 @ 10:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
a reply to: Pyle

So people start tearing down DNC / SJW etc like I am here, and you dont turn all white knight and come in to the rescue?

I am here white knighting? I dont think you know what the term means LOL. Or maybe its just you co-opting another term to mean something else (GOP playbook 101).

posted on Aug, 3 2018 @ 10:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Pyle

But its a funny term.

posted on Aug, 3 2018 @ 11:43 PM
link   
An easy way to find out who is a true Nazi and who isn't is to simply ask,

What's your ideological goal?

posted on Aug, 4 2018 @ 01:18 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Followers of the Two Party System:

posted on Aug, 4 2018 @ 08:25 AM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

The two party system. . .

posted on Aug, 4 2018 @ 01:34 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

Well let's take a look

1 both wanted which gun control

2 both use rampant propaganda machines

3 both try to entice disenfranchised people's by pointing fingers at other groups for the cause of first groups problems.

4 both used strong arm tactics

5 both tried to keep people from being educated .in other words they tried to keep followers dumb and in dark concerning their activities.

6 both acted as friends to the common people.

posted on Aug, 4 2018 @ 03:29 PM
link   
a reply to: proteus33

That's the GOP 4 out of 6.

Try my crossover chart:

I have a couple more to add to it...
edit on 4-8-2018 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2018 @ 01:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
Expect support for this comment. Just like how they adopted the term "fake news" after crying about its use, they'll probably adopt this as well.

They...
Us...
Them...
Tribalism at it's finest.

Nice to see you all getting along so well via manufactured hate towards the POTUS. He's really gonna piss you all off when he legalizes cannabis to secure the 2020 election if you all hadn't already done that for him already.

posted on Aug, 5 2018 @ 01:56 AM
link   
< sigh >
As a Libertarian watching all the monkeys fling feces back and forth, I'd like to refute the claims against the Left as an outside observer looking in.

originally posted by: SocratesJohnson
he did say the 30's and not the 40's. It's not kill the jews nazis, its the Nazi's demands, which are. Ask the demands of the 1930's nazi's to liberals and say that it's 2018 DNC platform, how many would blink or argue???
Therefore we demand:

11. That all unearned income, and all income that does not arise from work, be abolished.

The Left wants to ban all forms of inheritance? No they don't. Wanting to up the tax a bit isn't banning the family money.

12. Since every war imposes on the people fearful sacrifices in blood and treasure, all personal profit arising from the war must be regarded as treason to the people. We therefore demand the total confiscation of all war profits.

No they don't. Just better rules & regs so they can't game the system with kickbacks & favors a la Haliburton. Even I agree with this much.

13. We demand the nationalization of all trusts.

Again, no they don't.

14. We demand profit-sharing in large industries.

To a point they do. Most are in favor of at least prioritizing employee stock prices.
As a quick footnote to this, my husband's company prioritizes sharing profits with employees first, and giving them a steal of a discount on stocks. Not a bad system by any means.

15. We demand a generous increase in old-age pensions.

This is quite mixed, with both Right AND Left for or against it.

16. We demand the creation and maintenance of a sound middle-class, the immediate communalization of large stores which will be rented cheaply to small tradespeople, and the strongest consideration must be given to ensure that small traders shall deliver the supplies needed by the State, the provinces and municipalities.

Believe it or not, the Right howls for this too under the guise of "pull yourself up by your bootstraps and don't fall for Big Corp."

17. We demand an agrarian reform in accordance with our national requirements, and the enactment of a law to expropriate the owners without compensation of any land needed for the common purpose. The abolition of ground rents, and the prohibition of all speculation in land.

I know many on both sides of the isle in favor of re-purposing abandoned/forfeited land, and none in favor of the above.

18. We demand that ruthless war be waged against those who work to the injury of the common welfare. Traitors, usurers, profiteers, etc., are to be punished with death, regardless of creed or race.

Frankly, both sides accuse each other of this regularly and both to varying degrees. In that aspect, both need to grow up.

19. We demand that Roman law, which serves a materialist ordering of the world, be replaced by German common law.

Highly doubtful. I doubt even most on the Right can articulate what this means in terms of law, and you know it.

20. In order to make it possible for every capable and industrious German to obtain higher education, and thus the opportunity to reach into positions of leadership, the State must assume the responsibility of organizing thoroughly the entire cultural system of the people. The curricula of all educational establishments shall be adapted to practical life. The conception of the State Idea (science of citizenship) must be taught in the schools from the very beginning. We demand that specially talented children of poor parents, whatever their station or occupation, be educated at the expense of the State.

This has so much crossover into the Right's ideals that it's not even funny. Even Republicans are all for Civics classes and educating the highly gifted kids.

21. The State has the duty to help raise the standard of national health by providing maternity welfare centers, by prohibiting juvenile labor, by increasing physical fitness through the introduction of compulsory games and gymnastics, and by the greatest possible encouragement of associations concerned with the physical education of the young.

I know of no person, Right or Left, opposed to prohibiting child labor, and ALL are not happy physical education in schools is going extinct.

22. We demand the abolition of the regular army and the creation of a national (folk) army.

Wanting to reduce the military moneysuck is not the same as wanting to replace the armed services wholesale. Even the Right has a vocal opposition to the moneypit that military has become.

23. We demand that there be a legal campaign against those who propagate deliberate political lies and disseminate them through the press. In order to make possible the creation of a German press, we demand:

(a) All editors and their assistants on newspapers published in the German language shall be German citizens.

(b) Non-German newspapers shall only be published with the express permission of the State. They must not be published in the German language.

It has been suggested by the Right that Spanish publications should be outlawed because English is the national language (it is not, we don't have one)

(c) All financial interests in or in any way affecting German newspapers shall be forbidden to non-Germans by law, and we demand that the punishment for transgressing this law be the immediate suppression of the newspaper and the expulsion of the non-Germans from the Reich.

It's also been suggested again by the Right, albeit far less vocally that be above example, that foreign money be banned from supporting domestic papers of any kind because of foreign influence risks.

Newspapers transgressing against the common welfare shall be suppressed. We demand legal action against those tendencies in art and literature that have a disruptive influence upon the life of our folk, and that any organizations that offend against the foregoing demands shall be dissolved.

Again, it's the Right that cry this one most often ("Fake News", anyone?), not the Left.

24. We demand freedom for all religious faiths in the state, insofar as they do not endanger its existence or offend the moral and ethical sense of the Germanic race.

Both sides argue for this to one degree or another.

You've effectively described the US as a whole with both major political parties considered. We're good at the walking contradictions, aren't we? Or, more realistically, are both sides unwittingly repeating history and arguing with each other over it? When two pyros are both pouring gasoline in the tinder-dry forest and fumbling for their matches, it doesn't take a genius to see it's just opposite sides of the same coin.

posted on Aug, 5 2018 @ 06:08 AM
link   

Are you saying you disagree with Trump jr ?

posted on Aug, 5 2018 @ 07:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

You should do an OP about what it means to be liberaltarian.

Seriously though, when I talk about "Nazi Metrics" (social movement science metrics, fulfilled according to "OG Nazi textbookism") none of the items on that list comes to mind. Ive had an OP in mind for 2 years now, that eventually I'll have both time and desire come together at once to finish....
edit on 5-8-2018 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2018 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Here's the problem. The comparisons of conservatives to nazi's tend to be along the lines of: "The nazi's drank water, conservatives drink water, conservatives are nazi's." While that is a valid and accurate comparison, the act of drinking water wasn't what made the nazi's evil.

German citizens liking their country and wanting jobs didn't make them evil. The nazi's became evil when they started taking over swathes of industry. When they confiscated businesses from jews due to their race/religion. When they began invading neighboring countries. When they silenced their own citizens. When they began rounding up their own citizens and shipping them to other countries due to their economic success and religion. Then ultimately killing their own citizens for their religious beliefs and their economic success.

Tell me, which party, in it's current incarnation is trying to take over swathes of industry? Which party is closer to the point of confiscating businesses from people because of their race? Is either party trying to invade Canada or Mexico? Which party is all about silencing the citizens? Which party wants to get rid of an entire race of people due to their economic success? Which party would kill off an entire race of people due to their religion?

That's what nazi's wanted to do. So comparisons to nazi's, meant to invoke the pure evil they represent, need to be comparisons which contrast current day events with the evil deeds that the term "nazi" conjures. While one could make an argument about some of the far right's views on Islam, there are key differences. The most important being that there were no Jewish nations calling for the destruction of Germany. There were no Jewish groups, organizing terrorist attacks against Germany. It was economic jealousy and hatred. In any case, it is a very fringe view that any US citizens should be rounded up, by anyone on either side of the spectrum.

posted on Aug, 5 2018 @ 03:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Dfairlite

You make valid points and yes there are similarities between the dem's stated platforms that those of back then.
However much of the fear of another HItler I believe to be a result of poor education on the part of our school systems. I know that when I was taught about HItler it was more that he was an aberation, a throw back to earlier days when despots ruled and ''big men'' were more of a problem for freedom loving peoples then they are today.

That notion was ever so weak in preparing us for the rise of another ''despot''. That poor education can only compare the more visible similarities between those old images and notions of Hitler as a ''singular bad guy'' to Trump as a singular bad guy. I assume that we both know that that singular bad guy stuff is weakling bullship.

And while the points you bring up are correct to a large degree I think that much of the reaction to Trump is that those who can see the Naziesque nature of if all are doing so out of the believe that we have not yet entered those stages of devolvment into reichdom that they believe will be coming if Trump is not nipped in the bud.

We all need to be concerned with the rise of any and all public figures as the technology of this period is changing rapidly and the ability to grab hold of popular consciousness is increasing every day. Trump, to my mind is only one example. The devotion to Obama was also quite evident to those who were watching. But to embrace that truth in one case and deny it in the other is a sure fired sign that betting on the wrong horse in a two horse race will only allow that one of them will sooner or later be that Hitler we all do not want.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join