It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

According to CNN journalists need Secret Service type protection because of Donald Trump

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2018 @ 05:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

And Sarah Sander knows that, yet she stood up before the press pool and lied again, claiming her appearance had been attacked, when anyone who understands words know she wasn't. She lied about being attacked for being a liar, not for her appearance. But she told the truth was she said she was accused of betraying her own gender.

It's an insult to everyone - even those who support her

Since this part of the conversation is just between the two of us - for the moment, I'll just go ahead and have an opinion. This woman speaks for the president. Her job no longer resembles any of her predecessors

Her entire shtick now is mouthpiece of the king, and this:

From the NYT

...is nothing but propaganda, written for her to perform. It's meant to be an appeasement and more titillation for their base

I honestly wish the press would just stop going. There is literally no reason to keep up this charade. I could see them having an In Absentia press conferences. Just questions - and facts - that they can present to the rest of the country without any input from that lying disaster of a carotene blancmange. The one that won the electoral college with a probable assist

But, I digress :-)

Ms. Sanders can't possibly believe any of what she tells us. But, she regurgitates it anyway. I think the real reason people keep showing up and asking her questions is because they honestly believe at some point she's going to do the right thing

edit on 8/4/2018 by Spiramirabilis because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2018 @ 05:15 PM
link   
It is not up to the government to provide protection services, such as the secret service to protect journalists.

It is up to the company that employees them.

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 11:31 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

I believe the word you're looking for is Sowing, as in planting a crop..If you're going to quote yourself, please use correct spelling.

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 12:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spiramirabilis
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

...In her example she points out that not only was she called up by the press to be ridiculed for her physical appearance...

But she wasn't ridiculed for her physical appearance. Not at all. Not even a little bit

She was called a liar

This is our problem these days. Nobody knows the true story - they just repeat what they hear from second hand sources

Odd several in the press pool thought she was attacked over her looks. Odd that several in the press pool thought she was attacked for her looks. Fact was she was making fun of her makeup saying it looks looks like she uses ash to do her makeup. By implying she used ash and its perfect is to imply it wasn't that was part of the joke and women got it.

www.foxnews.com... l

edit on 8/6/18 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

edit on 8/6/18 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2018 @ 12:56 PM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

Odd several in the press pool thought she was attacked over her looks. Odd that several in the press pool thought she was attacked for her looks. Fact was she was making fun of her makeup saying it looks looks like she uses ash to do her makeup. By implying she used ash and its perfect is to imply it wasn't that was part of the joke and women got it.

Those people were wrong, and so are you

"I actually really like Sarah. I think she’s very resourceful. Like she burns facts, and then she uses that ash to create a perfect smoky eye. Like maybe she’s born with it, maybe it’s lies. It’s probably lies.

The smokey eye is all the rage these days fashion-wise. Saying she has created the perfect smokey eye is hardly an insult to her looks. Calling her a liar is definitely an insult though. Completely intentional

Maybe she's born with it:

P.S. I thought Sarah looked very pretty that night :-)

edit on 8/7/2018 by Spiramirabilis because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2018 @ 01:28 PM
link   
I believe that when Sarah Sanders said that she has been made fun of for her looks, she was referring to the White House Press dinner. This was all so kind....

www.youtube.com...

posted on Aug, 7 2018 @ 02:07 PM
link   
The government shouldnt be in charge of protecting them, but there may be something to them needing to get their own protection. I have friends that work at 2 different smaller local newspapers in two different states. Neither are reporters they mainly just work desk jobs, one in a sports department. They've both been harassed and threatened by people calling into the office over either something their paper ran relating to Trump, or general news media in this country even if their paper never ran anything. Neither one is comfortable with what they do anymore, both have told me they are afraid of what could happen even with their local papers.

posted on Aug, 7 2018 @ 06:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Spiramirabilis

Claiming someone is using ash to do their makeup is not a compliment. It be like me saying i love your outfit where did you get it good will? Apparently you take everything at face value and miss a lot of stuff.

posted on Aug, 7 2018 @ 06:31 PM
link   
a reply to: trb71

Seriously, these Trump supporters a clearly out of control... Its just a matter of time before their unhinged behaviour goes to far.

Something really needs to be done about it, before its to late... for the journalists sake.

posted on Aug, 7 2018 @ 07:09 PM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

Claiming someone is using ash to do their makeup is not a compliment

"The perfect smokey eye" is the compliment. That the eye shadow creating that perfect smokey eye was made from the ashes of burnt lies was the joke.

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join