It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

According to CNN journalists need Secret Service type protection because of Donald Trump

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2018 @ 12:55 PM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

gas·light
VERB
gaslighting (present participle)
manipulate (someone) by psychological means into questioning their own sanity.

Okay, so when CCN emphasizes racist actions among Trump supporters, that you believe is out of context, blown out of proportions or misrepresented....that's spin, not gaslighting. Gaslighting is doing and saying things that make you distrust your own eyes and ears. Your own cognitive abilities are in question.

Can you give me an example of CNN gaslighting Trump supporters?

posted on Aug, 3 2018 @ 12:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords
CNN is a joke. Why would SS waste resources on protecting jokes. Maybe ComedyNewsNetwork should close down and find a new gig.

Oh, again, with CNN.

FOX (and FOX followers) consistently the worst and most inaccurate, sensationalized ???? NEWS ???? source - - - had to point fingers elsewhere - - just to try to give themselves some kind of credibility.

And, of course, the followers pick it up and run with it.

posted on Aug, 3 2018 @ 12:58 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

“Infiltration” doesn’t equal a difference in votes. That’s the point.

posted on Aug, 3 2018 @ 12:59 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

I think the connection is that just as Acosta (and CNN) know that Trump is talking about them when he complains about the "fake news," Trump supporters know Acosta (and CNN and so on) are talking about them when they attack Trump's supporters, painting them as racists, Nazis, etc.

There's plenty of blame to go around on all sides. There's no virtue in minimizing or outright dismissing anyone's bad behavior.

posted on Aug, 3 2018 @ 01:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

One channel vs 99% of tv media available

posted on Aug, 3 2018 @ 01:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: avgguy

One channel vs 99% of tv media available

Here's a thought, exercise your right to chose and don't watch what offends you.

Media and news is a business. It's capitalism and a platform to hang advertising on. Media platforms are designed to make a profit...you got a problem with that?

I know it's complicated but you are allowed to use the on/off switch...

edit on 3-8-2018 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-8-2018 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2018 @ 01:09 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

I don’t watch msm, and I’m not offended. Just pointing out facts. Funny... it’s always the liberal soyboys that are always bitching about how they are offended and cant cope with reality.
edit on 3-8-2018 by avgguy because
edit on 3-8-2018 by avgguy because: (no reason given)
extra DIV

posted on Aug, 3 2018 @ 01:10 PM
link   
CNN and the media just need the decent Americans to have their back and keep them safe from the fringe right who have killed and will do so again
edit on 3-8-2018 by Whereismypassword because: Ipad

posted on Aug, 3 2018 @ 01:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

Yup great discription.

Thanks for that.

posted on Aug, 3 2018 @ 01:12 PM
link   
a reply to: avgguy

Considering our President was (and probably still is) a birther, that would suggest those media outlets that pushed the birther conspiracy have more power than CNN could ever hope. Especially when you consider how much power was given to Steve Bannon and, by extension, Breitbart by this administration.

So why don't you label the media outlets that pushed that narrative as propaganda and call out the people that continue to use them as reputable sources?

posted on Aug, 3 2018 @ 01:13 PM
link   

I know it’s crazy , just don’t watch the media if they cater to a different audience than yours

Most people are middle of the road politics and most main media is fine for them, some may be biased but don’t like that turn over

posted on Aug, 3 2018 @ 01:13 PM
link   

it’s always the liberal soyboys that are bitching about how they are offends do cant cope with reality.

English isn't your first language is it. I have no idea what you are talking about.

posted on Aug, 3 2018 @ 01:14 PM
link   

The same reason you won’t disavow the outlets who claimed there was a Russian piss video

posted on Aug, 3 2018 @ 01:15 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

Isn't this a continuation of the left's/media's go-to Communist tactic of "Accuse Your Enemy Of What You Are Doing, As You Are Doing It To Create Confusion"?

I'll answer my own question... the answer is a resounding "YES"

posted on Aug, 3 2018 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Sure you don’t sweetie

posted on Aug, 3 2018 @ 01:24 PM
link   
I would say that lunatics resonate with other lunatics. They speak a language no one else understands.

I can't imagine wasting time arguing with a reporter or yelling at a trump cabinet member.

Alex Jones followers harass Sandy hook parents and you have the pizza gate nut bar, antifa, dress up nazis, incels, etc...

And then you have the other 90 percent of the population that just wants decent pay and to hang out with friends and family.

The network news is for old geezers anyway.
edit on 3-8-2018 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2018 @ 01:29 PM
link   
I don't see booger eater or personal stuff that you posted, were you exaggerating. And honestly I am not following this so my inquiry is truthful or non attacking.

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
a reply to: atsgrounded

Just grabbed the first one on Google....

www.conservativereview.com...
Sarah Sanders pwned Acosta in a press briefing the other day, pointing out some instances of the press being hostile towards the president and his staff. In her example she points out that not only was she called up by the press to be ridiculed for her physical appearance, she is also the first person in her position to ever be given secret service security. Acosta was, again, made to look like a booger eating moron.

So now one of his cohorts at VFN is pulling the ol' "im rubber and you're glue" by saying they need a SS detail.

Lame.

posted on Aug, 3 2018 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Says The Kid who slapped the bully and got beat up
CNN is Plain Dreadful

posted on Aug, 3 2018 @ 01:35 PM
link   

To be fair I think most of the news media is trash. That said I don't recall most news outlets claiming that video existed. They did report on the dossier that had been given to the intelligence community and key members of Congress that stated such a video exists.

To me that sounds like they were reporting on news (aka doing their job.)

posted on Aug, 3 2018 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Perhaps they can get Maxine Waters to stand up for them and get the shoe on the other foot......oh wait, that's exactly what this is....but without the actual violence, just the little wussies afraid of what MIGHT happen.

Something about playing with fire and getting burned.........

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join