It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

According to CNN journalists need Secret Service type protection because of Donald Trump

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Aug, 3 2018 @ 11:48 AM
link   
This is just too much. Now, April Ryan to begin with is a CNN version of Maxine Waters. In an interview with Don "Hater" Lemon she explains that Jim Acosta was afraid for his life. He could have been attacked by Trump supporters at this rally.

CNN political analyst April Ryan believes CNN reporter Jim Acosta’s life was in danger at President Donald Trump’s Tuesday rally in Tampa, Florida. Acosta, who was heckled with “CNN sucks!” chants before Trump appeared on stage, has said he did not feel like he was in America and expressed that he is “very worried that the hostility whipped up by Trump and some in conservative media will result in somebody getting hurt.” “That’s a serious moment and a serious place. And Jim Acosta’s life, in my opinion, was in jeopardy that night,” Ryan told CNN host Don Lemon on Wednesday evening. “There was a safety issue.”

A safety issue? I guess they did not care about safety last summer in Chicago but then again it was Trump people getting attacked. Furthermore, another journalist had this to say...

Others at CNN, like media reporter Brian Stelter, have accused Trump of leading a “hate movement” against the mainstream press. And CNN’s David Gergen even said that blood will be on Trump’s hands if there is violence committed against mainstream media journalists.

So we have kids in MAGA hats being attacked. Calls for people to harass elected officials broadcast on stations such as CNN. It is like Maxines podium many times.

The answer for these anti-gun Trump hating loons? Private or government funded security.

Ryan also said reporters like herself need security like the secret service detail White House Spokesperson Sarah Huckabee Sanders received after a left-wing Virginia restaurant owner kicked her out of his establishment. The restaurant owner than promptly followed the White House press security to her next destination and harassed and organized protests against her family. Ryan, though, said Trump “has stoked the flames for reporters to feel like they are in jeopardy.” “Their lives, their safety is in jeopardy. Their lives are in jeopardy at these rallies,” Ryan insisted. “And something has got to stop.”

Trump has stoked the flames? No. He is showing the truth. The media is not there for us anymore. It peddles influence and hate.

Link

and finally, for context, this is what happens when people hate Fox News...compare this to Mr Acosta...

edit on Augam31amf0000002018-08-03T11:51:39-05:001139 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

+13 more 
posted on Aug, 3 2018 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Sarah Sanders pwned Acosta in a press briefing the other day, pointing out some instances of the press being hostile towards the president and his staff. In her example she points out that not only was she called up by the press to be ridiculed for her physical appearance, she is also the first person in her position to ever be given secret service security. Acosta was, again, made to look like a booger eating moron.

So now one of his cohorts at VFN is pulling the ol' "im rubber and you're glue" by saying they need a SS detail.

Lame.

posted on Aug, 3 2018 @ 11:54 AM
link   
If that were to happen, then those so called body guards would most likely turn into enforcers that rough up people for voicing their discontent with those same journalists. Places like CNN would possibly turn into media mobsters that coerce the public to fear them vs respect them. This is just one mans crazy theory that won't happen

posted on Aug, 3 2018 @ 11:58 AM
link   
I think she makes a very valid point... After all, we all know how crazy you Trump supporters can get.

... It's just matter of time until a journalist actually gets physically assaulted at one of these Trump rally's.

+16 more 
posted on Aug, 3 2018 @ 12:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

Slippery slope arguments are weak. Weaker when combined with ad hominems.

The worst part: it does more to lay bare your own thought processes than it does what you were intending.

posted on Aug, 3 2018 @ 12:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa
I think she makes a very valid point... After all, we all know how crazy you Trump supporters can get.

... It's just matter of time until a journalist actually gets physically assaulted at one of these Trump rally's.

People are crazy, not just Trump supporters. The opposition to the right is just as threatening IMO. We have seen the riots on both ends.

I don't see the political climate cooling any time soon.

Both sides extremists are just unwilling to accept people have differing opinions.

posted on Aug, 3 2018 @ 12:12 PM
link   
yesterday I talked to a reporter and told him flat out we are tired of the lies of being called racist when I've been an athlete my entire life and I've been around various people for my entire life

told 2 other reporters to stop labeling us as anti semetic and racist, needless to say they weren't happy about it

their message is truly working with minority communities however the demographics were very slanted at yesterday's rally although there were a bunch of hasidic Jewish people there but that was about it as far as diversity is concerned
edit on 3-8-2018 by toysforadults because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2018 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Typical media, this is their own fault

posted on Aug, 3 2018 @ 12:13 PM
link   
CNN employees may very well need some sort of protection, as they do seem to be the focus of hatred against the media through a political propaganda campaign pushed by the president and a major US political party.

But not Secret Service protection. They can afford to hire their own if they feel the need.
edit on 3-8-2018 by introvert because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2018 @ 12:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Muninn

Right. They need to either be real journalists, or move over to The National Enquirer, or find another profession.

posted on Aug, 3 2018 @ 12:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa

I recall that mass shooting where some random guy shot all those journalists practicing for that ball game ... no, nope, that was a former Bernie Bro who shot at Republican members of Congress.

posted on Aug, 3 2018 @ 12:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults
yesterday I talked to a reporter and told him flat out we are tired of the lies of being called racist when I've been an athlete my entire life and I've been around various people for my entire life

told 2 other reporters to stop labeling us as anti semetic and racist, needless to say they weren't happy about it

Did those specific reporters call you racist or label you anti-semetic?

If not, I can see why they would not be happy.

I'm sure you probably looked like a nutter in their eyes and I can't blame them.

posted on Aug, 3 2018 @ 12:17 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

oh here you are to defend the MSM go figure

no their organizations are very divisive and deserving of the heat they feel, stop lying and trying to turn minority communities against us with your LIES and people won't be angry at you

it's deserved

posted on Aug, 3 2018 @ 12:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert
CNN employees may very well need some sort of protection, as they do seem to be the focus of hatred against the media through a political propaganda campaign pushed by the president and a major US political party.

But not Secret Service protection. They can afford to hire their own if they feel the need.

The only protection they should get are condoms, they are always trying to screw the people.

posted on Aug, 3 2018 @ 12:20 PM
link   

The literal definition of propaganda sounds like CNN to a tee-“ information, especially of a biased or misleading nature, used to promote or publicize a particular political cause or point of view.”

posted on Aug, 3 2018 @ 12:24 PM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

oh here you are to defend the MSM go figure

Absolutely. The media deserves a lot of scrutiny and such, but they are not the evil entities as they are painted by people on websites such as this and by Right Wing nuts.

no their organizations are very divisive and deserving of the heat they feel, stop lying and trying to turn minority communities against us with your LIES and people won't be angry at you

I said no such thing. It appears you are the one lying, yet you wonder why people and the media focus on people such as yourself?

posted on Aug, 3 2018 @ 12:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Muninn

originally posted by: introvert

The only protection they should get are condoms, they are always trying to screw the people.

Sure.

Whatever you want to tell yourself.

posted on Aug, 3 2018 @ 12:25 PM
link   

if I run all over town making up stories about you, calling you a racist, bigot, xenophobe and blaming all of my problems on you, you are going to eventually confront me about it right?

posted on Aug, 3 2018 @ 12:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: avgguy

The literal definition of propaganda sounds like CNN to a tee-“ information, especially of a biased or misleading nature, used to promote or publicize a particular political cause or point of view.”

Ok. What cause are they promoting or publicizing?

posted on Aug, 3 2018 @ 12:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults

if I run all over town making up stories about you, calling you a racist, bigot, xenophobe and blaming all of my problems on you, you are going to eventually confront me about it right?

Sure. Has CNN done such a thing to you?

Did I say anything like that?

No. Why did you lie?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join