It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Air Force remains silent after huge meteor hits near US military base

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2018 @ 01:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Salander
RT covered this story

www.rt.com...

from twitter.....

Meteor explodes with 2.1 kilotons force 43 km above missile early warning radar at Thule Air Base.
We’re still here, so they correctly concluded it was not a Russian first strike. There are nearly 2,000 nukes on alert, ready to launch

Scary responses...

Forgive me, am I understanding you’re tweet correctly that had this meteor been incorrectly identified, it would have triggered the launch of 2,000 nukes?

One day soon we are all going to die from a miscalculation

😳

posted on Aug, 4 2018 @ 01:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: SeaWorthy

Why is it that you jump straight to something without any shred of evidence I wonder.

Obviously this was reported or we wouldn't be discussing it. But I keep forgetting that if the MSM doesn't report it then it's obviously something else.

Why would I need evidence to discuss a subject? Do you want blank pages? Under the circumstances, being a military base, why would my suggestion be invalid to discuss until facts present themselves if they ever do? A test seems reasonable especially in the location.

Why did it puzzle NASA? Cryptic fireball streaking over US base in Greenland puzzles NASA scientist

A mysterious fireball exploding with the power of a small nuclear bomb

www.rt.com...

Cryptic fireball streaking over US base in Greenland puzzles NASA scientist

Pournelle, whose years of experience in aerospace would fuel a career as a journalist and military science fiction writer, named his superweapon “Project Thor.” Others just called it “Rods From God.” In reality, weapons researchers refer to it as a “kinetic energy projectile”: a super-dense, super-fast projectile that, operating free of complex systems and volatile chemicals, destroys everything in its path.

Whether dropped from the sky or fired from a cannon, the principle behind these weapons is the same: hitting the enemy with something very hard and very dense, moving very fast. And the kinetic energy projectile may become a staple of modern warfare sooner than you might think. In 2013, the U.S. Air Force 846th Test Squadron and civilian researchers at Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory successfully test-fired a kinetic energy projectile, a tungsten-rich shell moving at 3,500 feet-per-second — more than three times faster than the speed of sound — on a specialized track at Holloman Air Force Base in New Mexico. More recently, the Pentagon has tested the Navy electromagnetic rail gun’s hypervelocity projectiles with the help of conventional U.S. Army howitzers; the Navy hopes the completed cannon will be able to launch shells at up to 4,500 mph, six times the speed of sound.

taskandpurpose.com...
edit on 4-8-2018 by SeaWorthy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2018 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Because it's one thing to discuss a possibility and another to flat out state it's something.

Yup someone showing off their space toys, God rods.

If you're going to make statements of fact, then you need some evidence. The problem with your theory is that Rods are designed to impact the ground, not explode at over 140,000 feet as this did. And they don't have explosives in them to detonate them. They're solid metal rods.
edit on 8/4/2018 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2018 @ 01:20 PM
link   
a reply to: snowspirit

The early warning radar isn't the only sensor system used to identify incoming missiles.

posted on Aug, 4 2018 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Because it's one thing to discuss a possibility and another to flat out state it's something.

If you're going to make statements of fact, then you need some evidence.

This was a thought.
If no statements were made on ATS without proof there would be almost not talk at all, especially in the political arena.

Some People seem to want to minimize conversation to known facts only in every conversation, well that leaves out learning and thinking. This is why creative people including writers and artists are added to most science today like CERN, as they stated, facts are nothing without the people able to envision other possibility and take them places they would never imagine to go.

There are all kinds of thinking People, maybe we should all be welcome.
edit on 4-8-2018 by SeaWorthy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2018 @ 01:41 PM
link   

So anything goes and even if people are wrong and saying things like they're fact we should just let it go. Got it.

posted on Aug, 4 2018 @ 07:37 PM
link   

So anything goes and even if people are wrong and saying things like they're fact we should just let it go. Got it.

Well to my way of thinking people should yes, give their ideas and impressions if I was saying something was a fact I would have a link because it would come from somewhere.. Otherwise we would just repeat the OP.

I guess many people leave the forums because every time they give a thought or opinion they get people all upset.
Gratefully I am really old and won't live much longer so my thoughts will butt out and maybe make some people happy.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join