It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Air Force remains silent after huge meteor hits near US military base

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2018 @ 10:53 AM
link   
I am generally not a big fan of Fox News for most subject matters but they have a pretty decent section on science and archaeology. I saw this tidbit and was surprised we did not hear more about it. This meteor struck the Earth with a 2.1 KILOTON blast on July 25th in Greenland and I have not hear word one from any news agency except this story...

Fox Link

A meteor hit the earth and exploded with 2.1 kilotons of force last month, but the US Air Force has made no mention of the event.

NASA’s Jet Propulsion Laboratory confirmed an object of unspecified size travelling at 24.4 kilometres per second struck earth in Greenland, just 43 kilometres north of an early missile warning Thule Air Base on the 25th of July, 2018.

Director of the Nuclear Information Project for the Federation of American Scientists, Hans Kristensen, tweeted about the impact, but America’s Air Force has not reported the event.

Second source

edit on 3-8-2018 by DoubleDNH because: (no reason given)

Just realized this was a duplicate thread... my mistake. Not sure how to delete it.
edit on 3-8-2018 by DoubleDNH because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2018 @ 11:02 AM
link   
a reply to: DoubleDNH

Could this actually be an Iranian kinetic warhead?

And this is the reason A/F wants to keep the whole thing under wraps...

posted on Aug, 3 2018 @ 11:08 AM
link   
We only get wind of these things if there are dashcam or other videos. That's what makes these sky events "newsworthy".

posted on Aug, 3 2018 @ 11:14 AM
link   
It's a coverup: THEY'RE HERE!

This is quite elegant:

"A meteor hit the earth and exploded with 2.1 kilotons of force last month, but the US Air Force has made no mention of the event.

NASA’s Jet Propulsion Laboratory confirmed an object of unspecified size travelling at 24.4 kilometres per second struck earth in Greenland, just 43 kilometres north of an early missile warning Thule Air Base on the 25th of July, 2018.

Director of the Nuclear Information Project for the Federation of American Scientists, Hans Kristensen, tweeted about the impact, but America’s Air Force has not reported the event."

Isn't that the perfect intro for a black and white movie? I can hear the sounds of the theremin building, until it's splashed on the screen, with a blast of the trumpets, in a giant, 3D font, jagged edges would be a nice touch:

It Came from Outer Space, Again!

Also, Greenland sounds like the perfect hideout for a deep state, deep underground lair. This is why it's called the deep state, don't you know? Could be nothing to be alarmed about, though. Maybe it's just regular staff meeting with the Klingon Empire.

posted on Aug, 3 2018 @ 11:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
We only get wind of these things if there are dashcam or other videos. That's what makes these sky events "newsworthy".

Maybe the video wasn't blurry enough to be proof?

posted on Aug, 3 2018 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Yup someone showing off their space toys, God rods.

The 107-country Outer Space Treaty signed in 1967 prohibits nuclear, biological, or chemical weapons from being placed or used from Earth's orbit. What they didn't count on was the U.S. Air Force's most simple weapon ever: a tungsten rod that could hit a city with the explosive power of an intercontinental ballistic missile.

During the Vietnam War, the U.S. used what they called "Lazy Dog" bombs. These were simply solid steel pieces, less than two inches long, fitted with fins. There was no explosive – they were simply dropped by the hundreds from planes flying above Vietnam. Lazy Dog projectiles (aka "kinetic bombardment") could reach speeds of up to 500 mph as they fell to the ground and could penetrate nine inches of concrete after being dropped from as little as 3,000 feet

The idea is like shooting bullets at a target, except instead of losing velocity as it travels, the projectile is gaining velocity and energy that will be expended on impact. They were shotgunning a large swath of jungle, raining bullet-sized death at high speeds.

That's how Project Thor came to be.

Instead of hundreds of small projectiles from a few thousand feet, Thor used a large projectile from a few thousand miles above the Earth. The "rods from god" idea was a bundle of telephone-pole sized (20 feet long, one foot in diameter) tungsten rods, dropped from orbit, reaching a speed of up to ten times the speed of sound.

Read more: www.wearethemighty.com...

posted on Aug, 3 2018 @ 11:48 AM
link   
a reply to: SeaWorthy

Because meteors don't happen. So it had to be a weapons test or attack.

posted on Aug, 3 2018 @ 11:58 AM
link   
The ability of ATS to make up stuff when they have no idea of the answer remains unexcelled.

posted on Aug, 3 2018 @ 12:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler
The ability of ATS to make up stuff when they have no idea of the answer remains unexcelled.

Brilliant, isn't it? I think what happened, there was giant galactic space battle between warring alien factions, many ships were lost and much debris strewn, and a piece happened to come our way, possible alien survivors

posted on Aug, 3 2018 @ 12:13 PM
link   
The title makes it sound like it hit the ground, but it did not, it exploded 142,060 feet (26.9 miles) in the air. Planes fly at around 36,000 feet.

The Tweet apparently originated from Twitter user “Rocket Ron”, a “Space Explorer at the Jet Propulsion Laboratory”. The original Tweet read, “on July 25, 2018 by US Government sensors at an altitude of 43.3 km. The energy from the explosion is estimated to be 2.1 kilotons.” Rocket Ron’s Tweet hit in the afternoon on Jul. 31. View image on Twitter

Source: The Aviationist

posted on Aug, 3 2018 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Sorry topic already exist in same forum

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 3 2018 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Could this

siberiantimes.com...

Have anything to do with this "meteor" strike???

posted on Aug, 3 2018 @ 02:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: deckdel
a reply to: DoubleDNH

Could this actually be an Iranian kinetic warhead?

And this is the reason A/F wants to keep the whole thing under wraps...
To my understanding, a kinetic warhead wouldn’t reach those speeds.

posted on Aug, 3 2018 @ 02:20 PM
link   
RT covered this story

www.rt.com...

posted on Aug, 4 2018 @ 03:59 AM
link   
Meme meme tekel something ? would be nice to see some disclosure on this one.

posted on Aug, 4 2018 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Damn it! I told Zognaz to slow down on approach and use landing pad B.

posted on Aug, 4 2018 @ 01:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

Because meteors don't happen. So it had to be a weapons test or attack.

Because large meteor strikes are reported on the news.
No one said it had to be anything but it could be, why is it you always rule out things that clearly are happening in the world I wonder?

posted on Aug, 4 2018 @ 01:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Salander
RT covered this story

www.rt.com...

Meteor explodes with 2.1 kilotons force 43 km above missile early warning radar at Thule Air Base.

posted on Aug, 4 2018 @ 01:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler

yeah always better to not talk about ......anything....unless we have all of the answers!
What would there be any website for we would just watch the news and say....OK if you say so!

posted on Aug, 4 2018 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Why is it that you jump straight to something without any shred of evidence I wonder.

Obviously this was reported or we wouldn't be discussing it. But I keep forgetting that if the MSM doesn't report it then it's obviously something else.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join