It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Number Of Americans Living In Their Vehicles “Explodes”

page: 14
<< 11  12  13   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2018 @ 12:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan
a reply to: starviego

Immigrants create jobs, that leads to more income and less involuntary homelessness.

Immigrants don't necessarily create jobs. Importing low skilled and low education immigrants is a drain on the system. They also drive down the wages of low skilled positions by increasing supply of workers.

posted on Aug, 7 2018 @ 03:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

If they're low skilled and low educated, we don't need to worry about them competing in the job market then.

posted on Aug, 7 2018 @ 03:06 PM
link   

If they're low skilled and low educated, we don't need to worry about them competing in the job market then.

They do compete... against low skill, low education Americans.

posted on Aug, 7 2018 @ 03:13 PM
link   

But those jobs are never going to pay well regardless, so does it even matter?

Bad conditions incentivize people to improve right?

posted on Aug, 8 2018 @ 05:28 AM
link   

But those jobs are never going to pay well regardless, so does it even matter?

Bad conditions incentivize people to improve right?

And since when does it "NOT MATTER " if your fellow Americans have a means of putting food on the table for their families. and have a roof over their heads.
I was prepared to let your comments, which I felt, directed toward myself go as simple ignorance from the "peanut gallery", but after just reading this I am seeing more of your inner self.
IT MATTERS if the immigrant "can't" feed his family, but that does not mean they should subject them to the pirels of the trip to the U S.

Wait, wait ... I am not going down the road which I see laying out ahead of us on this discussion.

fair well !!!

posted on Aug, 8 2018 @ 06:25 AM
link   
a reply to: tinymind

It does matter, that's why we should invest in systems that better enable people to get educations and perform worthwhile jobs.

No one in the US should be stuck at a low skill low growth job due to lack of opportunity.
edit on 8-8-2018 by Aazadan because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 06:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

That means you're either underpaid

Thanks genius.

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 06:40 PM
link   
They are not stuck there because of lack of opportunity, but lack of imagination.

a reply to: tinymind

It does matter, that's why we should invest in systems that better enable people to get educations and perform worthwhile jobs.

No one in the US should be stuck at a low skill low growth job due to lack of opportunity.

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 06:44 PM
link   

why do people always consistently make the argument that all immigrants are low skill workers?

I can then argue you down from this position and it will be repeat yet again in another thread it makes no sense for people to continue to repeat a false narrative

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 06:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: HunkaHunka
They are not stuck there because of lack of opportunity, but lack of imagination.

Even the unimaginative should have upward mobility.

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 11:38 PM
link   
What do u expect bills get higher pay checks stay the same.its going to be the reason for pur next depression

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 11:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults

why do people always consistently make the argument that all immigrants are low skill workers?

I can then argue you down from this position and it will be repeat yet again in another thread it makes no sense for people to continue to repeat a false narrative

It's Schrodinger's Immigrant. They're all unskilled and lazy while simultaneously highly skilled and taking our jobs.

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13   >>

join