It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ohio Judge Ordered Deputies to Tape Man's Mouth Shut During Sentencing

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2018 @ 03:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: JDmOKI

I don't think it's unsafe i know it is!

Stands to reason for anyone with half a brain. LoL

Try taping your mouth and let me know if you don't feel safe. Or if you don't have tape try closing your mouth and breath through your nose and let me know.

Also, don't insult my intelligence

posted on Aug, 3 2018 @ 03:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: JDmOKI

Try taping your mouth and let me know if you don't feel safe. Or if you don't have tape try closing your mouth and breath through your nose and let me know.

I guess when you pass out from not being able to breath I guess that would also stop you from talking...

posted on Aug, 3 2018 @ 03:34 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Why the melodrama? No he could not have asphyxiated with that on his mouth as it in no way blocked him from breathing. Cruel and unusual, not even in the slightest. What he did to end up there was however cruel.

Let's leave it at we don't agree. I saw nothing in that which gave me any pause and saying it put him in danger is ludicrous.

He committed three armed robberies, one victim was a 78 year old man. He cut his ankle bracelet and ran, lied about losing his memory while calling his family saying things that proved he lied when the tapes were played, he gamed the system over and over. Tape on his mouth is very humane compared to what this creep did to others. 24 years was being kind.

edit on 8/3/2018 by Blaine91555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2018 @ 03:44 PM
link   
I think we can ALL agree we dont wish to see this behaviour repeated instead lets make this a precedent, if required courtrooms can have a small soundproof glass box with perp inside, opening the door when he may talk, pre warn the perp that if the sound box is required during his trial an additional 6 months will be added or monertary fine

stop the petty fighting about this act and move forward with genuine ideas, their is enough brains on this website to solve this problem and most are in this thread

edit on 3-8-2018 by UpIsNowDown because: typo

posted on Aug, 4 2018 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Unless he has a psychiatric condition I don't care.

posted on Aug, 4 2018 @ 10:13 PM
link   
An electronic one person "Cone of Silence" would have been a good tool in this case.

posted on Aug, 5 2018 @ 03:51 AM
link   
Should have put one of those bags on his head as well.

Every time the guy interrupted he should have been charged. He would have gotten the idea quick.

Probably like the breakfast club denetion scene. You want another.....yeah....so.

posted on Aug, 5 2018 @ 04:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: notsure1
he should have just stfu.. I have no problem with this..

And the title wow.. Why cant it just say judge order mans mouth duct taped..

Because he would have done this to a white guy who wouldnt just STFU too..

but hes black so it has to be racist..

Free Tommy....

posted on Aug, 5 2018 @ 04:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: JDmOKI

a reply to: JDmOKI

I don't think it's unsafe i know it is!

Stands to reason for anyone with half a brain. LoL

One doesn't need to be intelligent to know some people can have complications breathing only through their nose.
edit on 5-8-2018 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2018 @ 05:24 AM
link   
Judge shouldn't have done that he had a better option. He simply should have informed him that because he couldn't remain quiet he will be returning to jail and the hearing will be rescheduled for a later date. When he realizes hes spending time in jail that doesn't even count towards any possible sentence he will quit.

posted on Aug, 5 2018 @ 09:31 AM
link   
I think this is illegal. This guy could possibly sue over this. I think this is pretty stupid for the judge to do.

posted on Aug, 5 2018 @ 09:53 AM
link   
a reply to: notsure1

Funny I didn't see race mentioned in the story at all. Just someone who wouldn't shut up.
The judge should have told him he's add thirty days for every outburst.
But nobody but you brought up race.
Again funny idnit.

posted on Aug, 5 2018 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Wait, so you're mad that the guy didn't get more time in jail and instead had to sit quietly for a few minutes while he was sentenced? It sounds to me like he got a great deal.

posted on Aug, 5 2018 @ 02:37 PM
link   

No matter the Mans ethnicity, duct taping an already hand, and i assume, leg cuffed defendant in a court of law seems rather an extreme nevermind downright wrong to me.

Indeed.

posted on Aug, 5 2018 @ 05:13 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 5 2018 @ 05:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

Funny I didn't see race mentioned in the story at all. Just someone who wouldn't shut up.
The judge should have told him he's add thirty days for every outburst.
But nobody but you brought up race.
Again funny idnit.

Lol with every post you make your self look slower and slower...

posted on Aug, 5 2018 @ 06:39 PM
link   
This person is a social misfit by choice. He robbed people using weapons.

Having his mouth taped shut is befitting for such gutter trash.

Just imagine what else he might be doing if he was never stopped or punished.

posted on Aug, 5 2018 @ 06:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed

The criminal justice system is supposed to be a barrier between the angry mob and the accused. With comments like this one, we might as well go back to dragging people into the center of town and putting them in stocks and throwing rotten food at them.

Did it occur to you the man might be mentally ill?

I wouldn't say there shouldn't be any consequences but a judge who does this should not be a judge.

posted on Aug, 5 2018 @ 07:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: BrianFlanders

The criminal justice system is supposed to be a barrier between the angry mob and the accused. With comments like this one, we might as well go back to dragging people into the center of town and putting them in stocks and throwing rotten food at them.

I wouldn't say there shouldn't be any consequences but a judge who does this should not be a judge.

I agree on the judge too. Mentally ill people still know what they are doing, and that it is wrong, but they do it anyway to get to their goal.
Taping his mouth shut is definitely humiliating, and even embarrassing for everyone else to see it happen.

Now as to your other suggestion, yes indeed, if we could drag our out of control officials (including politicians who ignore the constitution and bill of rights. into the town square, tie them up, and throw rotten food at them, just imagine how obedient they would be to what is right over doing wrong from then on.

And then when everyone is acting civilized, they will be setting good examples to our youth, who won't grow up to become criminals anymore.
(Well, it sounds good)..

I'm betting it might help. Some of them today are just to hardened towards doing wrong though. Especially criminals who are let out and go right out and commit murder

posted on Aug, 5 2018 @ 08:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: BrianFlanders

I agree on the judge too. Mentally ill people still know what they are doing, and that it is wrong, but they do it anyway to get to their goal.
Taping his mouth shut is definitely humiliating, and even embarrassing for everyone else to see it happen.

Now as to your other suggestion, yes indeed, if we could drag our out of control officials (including politicians who ignore the constitution and bill of rights. into the town square, tie them up, and throw rotten food at them, just imagine how obedient they would be to what is right over doing wrong from then on.

And then when everyone is acting civilized, they will be setting good examples to our youth, who won't grow up to become criminals anymore.
(Well, it sounds good)..

I'm betting it might help. Some of them today are just to hardened towards doing wrong though. Especially criminals who are let out and go right out and commit murder

You didn't need to make another post for me to understand where you were coming from. I get it. You're a sadist looking for an excuse to let your little demons out to play in the sun.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join