It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HIV positive employee of Southwest Key Corporation sexually abuses children

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2018 @ 07:46 AM
link   
This is exactly why outsourcing government functions doesn't work. Outsourcing companies have NO STANDARDS. Employees are hired NOT based on qualifications but whoever will take the job at the lowest possible wage. It's never about the quality of the work. Or the quality of the people doing the work. It seems to me having HIV would disqualify someone from working with children in a child care taking role. The CEO of Southwest Key should be in jail!!!!!! I bet the CEO makes 6 figures or more. The CEO is the captain of the ship and should bare FULL responsibility for his hiring decisions. This is a really sad story for the eight children who now may have HIV:

"Levian Pacheco is an HIV positive youth worker who allegedly molested at least eight boys in an immigration detention center in Arizona. The incidents in the case allegedly took place between August 2016 and July 2017. But the case did not become public knowledge until Propublica reported it on August 2, 2018.

Pacheco worked for Southwest Key, a nonprofit that runs immigration detention facilities in Texas, Arizona, and California. Another Southwest Key employee, Fernando Negrete, was recently charged with molesting a 14 year old in a different detention facility"

Levian D Pacheco: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know

edit on 3-8-2018 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2018 @ 07:49 AM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

This is an absolute horrific story. We should come up for a new kind of punishment for this monster.

That said, I don't know what makes you think government workers are anointed by god, and therefor will do no wrong. Some monsters that look like humans suck, and it doesn't matter what their ID badge says, they'll do whatever they want.

posted on Aug, 3 2018 @ 07:52 AM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

I agree. We need a new kind of punishment. We should give the CEO life in prison!!

posted on Aug, 3 2018 @ 07:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker
That said, I don't know what makes you think government workers are anointed by god, and therefor will do no wrong. Some monsters that look like humans suck, and it doesn't matter what their ID badge says, they'll do whatever they want.

The employee of Southwest Key Inc was NOT a government worker.

Government organizations are NOT motivated by profit or greed or having monopoly over a government function. Government could have policies that are not driven by profit motive. Therefore, there could be better standards in place put in my oversight committees who are not driven by greed.

edit on 3-8-2018 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2018 @ 07:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

I agree. We need a new kind of punishment. We should give the CEO life in prison!!

Was the CEO complicit?

posted on Aug, 3 2018 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Was the CEO complicit?

Yes. The CEO is responsible for his company.

posted on Aug, 3 2018 @ 07:59 AM
link   

The employee of Southwest Key Inc was NOT a government worker.

Government organizations are NOT motivated by profit or greed or having monopoly over a government function. Government could have policies that are not driven by profit motive. Therefore, there could be better standards in place put in my oversight committees who are not driven by greed.

Cool, go tell that to people in Iraq, Afghanistan, Yemen, and Libya.

Once you're done with that I'll give you a new list.

Praise government!

posted on Aug, 3 2018 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Was the CEO complicit?

Yes. The CEO is responsible for his company.

Great idea, let's get a running list of companies who had employees commit crimes, we'll go after CEO's with the same charges as the people they've never met.
edit on 3-8-2018 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2018 @ 08:05 AM
link   
While I find his alleged actions outrageous and disgusting, and he should be prosecuted for that if it's true (and to the fullest extent possible--and should have to wear a badge that says "child molester" in prison), your above comments are rather questionable at best, if not downright bigoted and irrational.

This is exactly why outsourcing government functions doesn't work. Outsourcing companies have NO STANDARDS. Employees are hired NOT based on qualifications but whoever will take the job at the lowest possible wage. It's never about the quality of the work. Or the quality of the people doing the work.

Never been privy to working in a federal or government job alongside government employees, eh? If you think that there is a dramatic difference in the standard of employee, you would be mistaken. This has nothing to do with outsourcing being a problem (plus, it's the federal law that was passed during Obama's presidency that mandates that these children be transferred to such a facility after 20 days in detention, I believe).

It seems to me having HIV would disqualify someone from working with children in a child care taking role.

Why? Just interested to hear the logic in this one.

The CEO of Southwest Key should be in jail!!!!!! I bet the CEO makes 6 figures or more. The CEO is the captain of the ship and should bear FULL responsibility for his hiring decisions. This is a really sad story for the eight children who now may have HIV:

Ummm...so now it's the CEO's fault, and his income makes a difference how?

Should all HIV-positive people be pariahs of modern society? This isn't 1985 where we had limited understanding of HIV, here. What antiquated thinking you have.

I sincerely hope that these boys can recover from this behavior in all aspects, and that HIV was not transmitted. I especially feel terrible for John Does 7 & 8 in the indictment.

edit on 3-8-2018 by SlapMonkey because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2018 @ 08:07 AM
link   

The company has a record of being negligent about running background checks on its workers, so yes F that CEO...

as for the hiv infected POS, he abused under aged kids (allegedly) knowing he has hiv (allegedly) so yes he should hang as well (allegedly)

And thirdly, by reading the full article, its already seems like the POS's POS lawyer already getting ready to free him on technicalities...

posted on Aug, 3 2018 @ 08:10 AM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

Should all HIV-positive people be pariahs of modern society? This isn't 1985 where we had limited understanding of HIV, here. What antiquated thinking you have.

If they didn't hire someone because they had HIV they would have been sued and called bigots.

It's actually rather hard to transmit, via blood or unprotected sex.

posted on Aug, 3 2018 @ 08:13 AM
link   
a reply to: szino9

The company has a record of being negligent about running background checks on its workers, so yes F that CEO...

Just read that. If there is a law that is being broken there, lets punish those who broke it. If there isn't a law about background checks for companies with similar capacities, lets make some.

posted on Aug, 3 2018 @ 08:19 AM
link   
a reply to: szino9

Where is the info that proves negligence in background checks? If that is a systemic problem, then sure, MAYBE the CEO should face some charges in that, especially if that's what led to the hiring of this guy.

But HIV-positive status is not something that can be discriminated against and wouldn't be found in a background check, so if that's all that you're going on concerning the background check, that would not have stopped him from being hired. The ADA covers HIV-positive individuals and protects them from employment discrimination--hell, a potential employer cannot even ask if the applicant is HIV-positive until after they offer them a job. Hell, the link after this paragraph even specifically sight an HIV-positive phlebotomist not being able to be removed from their job because, if all reasonable safety precautions are met, they pose no risk to the patient from which they are drawing blood.

EEOC

ETA: From the Propublica story:

Pacheco worked for Keystone West for almost four months before he was checked out. In his case, the background check didn’t reveal anything. He had no previous record of sexual abuse or misconduct.

I agree that, if the company is truly failing to correctly complete background checks on employees that they should lose their contract with the government and be brought up on charges, but even if the background check had been completed on this guy before they let him start his work, there would have been zero red flags or cause for concern that he would do these things.
edit on 3-8-2018 by SlapMonkey because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2018 @ 08:20 AM
link   

I think they (convicted pedophiles) should just be put to a peaceful non painful death. I've never heard of a pedophile being 100 percent cured.

posted on Aug, 3 2018 @ 08:20 AM
link   

yeah, I just shared a link to the EEOC info page about HIV and employment so that some of these folks, including the OP, can understand that.

posted on Aug, 3 2018 @ 08:26 AM
link   
I am not sure your conclusions have anything to do with the story. Government workers are just as likely to be a POS as anyone else. Lots of lower wage people are good people. I don’t know what you are trying to do here by clouding the issue, but you basically derailed your own thread because of whatever agenda you are trying to push.
edit on 2018/8/3 by Metallicus because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2018 @ 08:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: szino9

as for the hiv infected POS, he abused under aged kids (allegedly) knowing he has hiv (allegedly) so yes he should hang as well (allegedly)

And thirdly, by reading the full article, its already seems like the POS's POS lawyer already getting ready to free him on technicalities...

Unfortunately this is the case for many children, in the social service network, not just migrants they get abused beyond imagination, and yet their cries/pleas fall on death ears.

Fat-cats at the top are to busy arguing over the color of dog-#, campaigning, collecting their unreasonable salaries, entitlements, and kick-backs. No time for compassion and the people they are supposed to represent.

posted on Aug, 3 2018 @ 08:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Realtruth

Fat-cats at the top are to busy arguing over the color of dog-#, campaigning, collecting their unreasonable salaries, entitlements, and kick-backs. No time for compassion and the people they are supposed to represent.

It doesn't help that people use these stories for political ammunition to support their agenda.

A quick search like you said into the social services program will have no shortage of stories with abuse.

But putting spin on these issues just distracts or turns people away from the problems we face.

posted on Aug, 3 2018 @ 08:42 AM
link   
You would think he would have worked in CA. It’s not a felony any more to knowlkng give some one HIV....a straw on the other hand. Those *ATS edits* need to be locked up. Woke liberalism at its finest

posted on Aug, 3 2018 @ 08:51 AM
link   

I'd like to point out that I've worked for government contractors. For most of these contracts there are requirements for employees. Background checks and so on. Plus there are also some pay requirements that the contractors have to meet. If you pay too little the government can fine you and you then have to pay your employees more.

I'm not sure what's going on in this case. But I wouldn't be surprised if there's some cronyism is going on.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join