It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could Protecting Our Elections Against Russia, Also Stop Domestic Meddling and Cheating?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 10:41 PM
link   
August 2, 2018

Unlike the prior Presidential Administration, the Trump Administration is seeking to minimize "election meddling".

The White House wants you to know it's taking threats to US elections seriously. To drive the point home, leaders from four US intelligence agencies and John Bolton, President Donald Trump's national security adviser, addressed Russian election influence campaigns at a press briefing Thursday.

"The president has specifically directed us to make the matter of election meddling and securing our election process a top priority," said Dan Coats, director of national intelligence.
More at: www.cnet.com...

Here is what I'd like to know. There has been a lot internal "election meddling" in the U.S.. Dead people voting, illegal aliens voting, people shipped from one state to another in buses, to vote.

Is it possible that the unprecedented scrutiny being applied to the 2018 mid-term elections will also identify Domestic Meddling and Cheating attempts at the local, regional, and state level?

-CareWeMust

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 10:47 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Yes.

Russian meddling is the excuse.

The problem in 2016 was that Hillary did not cheat enough, so caught up in their own grandeur, they were.

I think the coming midterms will be an eye opener with regard to security.

P

edit on 2/8/2018 by pheonix358 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Interesting thought....

well computers and data are my thing so that is what i was thinking about after seeing the title of your post,

I suppose the things that work for data should work for humans too.... a firewall needs to be in place for elections, how that would be achieved i have no idea lol

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 10:51 PM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358

That could be why many of those who screamed for "election integrity!", are now so quiet, after learning that the BIG GUNS in our government will be watching every aspect of our U.S. election process. Suddenly they had an "Oh sh_t, what did we do!" moment.

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 10:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Quadlink

One aspect of the "firewall" could be to ensure that every voter has a valid government-issued photo I.D..

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 11:00 PM
link   
www.neonrevolt.com...

If they went after ALL the voter fraud simultaneously, that might have tipped the opposition off (and given them time to respond). All the white hats had to do to stop the election from being stolen was tap the biggest “pressure point” counties in these “purple” states, and prevent the fraud from occurring in them. That would tilt those states in Trump’s favor, giving him the win.

really good read

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Sure. As well as stopping free speech, privacy, and so on.

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Indeed .. or some form of uncrackable personal bio id ? ... i still have no idea how one would implement these things..

society would have to become "a police state" ...just one layer of the firewall... maybe thats were we are heading...i say we in solidarity as i am from the UK, but our system will be corrupt... it is par for the course with ALL politics i think...

posted on Aug, 3 2018 @ 12:17 AM
link   
We should be going after everyone who tries to deceitfully influence elections. Half of Washington DC would be in jail. Many countries contributions to candidates should not be allowed. People like Soros should not be allowed to use campaign contributions to bribe candidates. Big corporations also should not be able to donate to campaigns over maybe twenty thousand or so. Corporations that own smaller corporations should be limited overall to the same twenty thousand bucks overall.

posted on Aug, 3 2018 @ 12:23 AM
link   

BWAHAHAHA!!

Yea that is why he has kissed the guy doing it to us’s butt at every single chance..

The ridiculousness of pretending trump is just SOOOO upset that Russia keeps helping him win is just laughable..

It really does beg to question if people are really that ignorant Or if people are just trolling???

It has got to be trolling right???

posted on Aug, 3 2018 @ 12:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: pheonix358

Yes.

Russian meddling is the excuse.

The problem in 2016 was that Hillary did not cheat enough, so caught up in their own grandeur, they were.

I think the coming midterms will be an eye opener with regard to security.

P

And I thought it was just that trump made a backroom deal with a hostil government?!?!

Exactly like this email released by his son says they dad....

Good morning Emin just called and asked me to contact you with something very interesting. The Crown prosecutor of Russia met with his father Aras this morning and in their meeting offered to provide the Trump campaign with some official documents and information that would incriminate Hillary and her dealings with Russia and would be very useful to your father. This is obviously very high level and sensitive information but is part of Russia and its government's support for Mr. Trump - helped along by Aras and Emin. What do you think is the best way to handle this information and would you be able to speak to Emin about it directly? I can also send this info to your father via Rhona, but it is ultra sensitive so wanted to send to you first. Best Rob Goldstone

Yes... it is definitely a witch hunt..

It isn’t like trump would quietly meet with Russian agents without informing any government agencies that Russia was helping him win by leaking stolen US government documents at trump’s behest...

posted on Aug, 3 2018 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Easy..

Make a facebook for voting..

Every vote connects to a prophile and a person. Where you can track your voting history and change or check your vote at any time.

Worried someone changed your vote?? Check it in real time...

If people’s votes start getting changed check the digital paper trail..

Then you do random checks to make sure the profile matches the person.

posted on Aug, 3 2018 @ 12:32 AM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

What about the people who don't use computers? Or own them. Like in poor area's of America.

posted on Aug, 3 2018 @ 12:34 AM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

Any link to that or.....

posted on Aug, 3 2018 @ 12:38 AM
link   
I am much more concerned with domestic election tampering than I am Russia. We know they’re are probably illegal voters in the millions not to mention fraudulent votes from dead people and people voting multiple times.

It is time to create some national standards that include ID and a database that cross references voting registers.

Russians are the least of our worries.

posted on Aug, 3 2018 @ 12:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Aallanon

That was a great article! My first time seeing the TYT video. That anchor seems like the Left's version of Alex Jones.

posted on Aug, 3 2018 @ 12:41 AM
link   
Having our Federal Banking system distribute pails of Purple banknote theft dye, to every polling station, and dip every voter's finger into it, would stop most of the election day, "double dipping". Then, spot checking Absentee Ballots, nationwide, would throw a monkey wrench into much more voter fraud. Purple thumbs and paper ballots, aren't the last and best, honesty program, but it's a start.

posted on Aug, 3 2018 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Does the losing party always blame some kind of election tampering in close races, or was 2016 the beginning of this phenomenon?

posted on Aug, 3 2018 @ 12:45 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

You're quite right. The biggest "tampering" seems to come from entities right here at home. As Trump stated, Vladimir Putin is laughing his arse off over how much "credit" we're giving to Russia for being able to influence our election(s).

posted on Aug, 3 2018 @ 12:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

That makes to much sense. They will never go for it because....it just makes to much sense and it will never work.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join