It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UN running out of cash, FINALLY !

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 09:19 PM
link   
a reply to: sdcigarpig

I am more concerned with an unelected group of people regulating for the entire globe. This entirely negates peoples representation within government and as we know absolute power, corrupts absolutely.

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 09:28 PM
link   
a reply to: highvein

If the UN is disbanded, what platform will the nations of the earth use to communicate?

Twitter.

Seems to work for one guy.

Works well.

P

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 09:29 PM
link   
a reply to: sdcigarpig

The UN has not reduced war or human misery in any way, since its founding.
READ HISTORY

- What did the UN do in Cambodia ?
The UN maintained the Khmer as the legitimate government of Cambodia until 1982, after being ousted from power in 1979.The UN supported the Khmer, despite them exterminating MILLIONS, 25% of Cambodia's population.

- What did the UN do in Rwanda ?
Another MASSIVE genocide. The UN did Nothing, again NOTHING.

- What did the UN do during the Cold War, when tens of millions where crushed in the Iron Curtain ?
Nothing. Zero. The collapse of that system and it's revolting population was solely supported by the US and Western democracies

- What did the UN after the Haiti earthquake ?
Nothing ( I mean besides sending troops that sexually abused the local population)

- What did the UN do during the war in the Balkans ?
Nothing. All relief and military support to endangered populations was provided by NATO

-What did the UN do about the Oil-for-food program ?
Nothing. Well, again nothing besides UN Secretary General Kofi Annan's son stealing from that program

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it. "
EXACTLY

Because of human misery it OVERSAW - abolish the UN !

We owe the dead that much....

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 09:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: pheonix358
a reply to: highvein

If the UN is disbanded, what platform will the nations of the earth use to communicate?

Twitter.

Seems to work for one guy.

Works well.

P

I hope that is sarcasm....

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 09:32 PM
link   
a reply to: M5xaz

The UN was just a failed attempt at globalism.

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Plus all the ways to connect over the internet. I wonder what the UN's fuel bill is costing the countries of the world who fly, drive, or boat their representatives all over the planet. They sure don't seemed to be concerned with global warming as much as they claim or they would stop polluting it so much.

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 09:35 PM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358

Very true.

And they should not be worried that it could get hacked, because surely they have nothing to hide.

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 09:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kintek

originally posted by: M5xaz
That global symbol of corruption, graft, support for terrorism and incompetence is finally running low on funding.
Contributing nations are late in payments .

While the ideal outcome, disbanding of the UN, is probably too much to hope for, perhaps this could trigger much needed reform.

www.foxnews.com...

Cheering and celebrating???

Do you have any idea that how many times the UN prevented the war of the worlds..? guess you’ve been born yesterday dude!

It’s really sad time…

Err, no "dude".
For "born yesterday" check a mirror.
Read up way back in 1970's Cambodia and the Khmer.....

The UN has NEVER prevented any war. Myth.

Check my post above on UN "accomplishments" and tell the DEAD of your approval of the UN....

ATS - Deny Ignorance

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 09:43 PM
link   
I caught this, reading the article:

However, Hugh Dugan, a former U.S. diplomat at the U.N., said that other countries could be mimicking what is perceived as the U.S. backing away from its commitments at the body of diplomacy and international relations.

“A look at the record shows that Trump has continued to fund it at historic levels, chose it to sanction North Korea, and uses it as a platform to defend Israel. However, there is a wide misperception fed by Trump detractors and a combative media that his Administration has walked away from the U.N.,” Dugan, who is also a professor at Seton Hall University’s School of Diplomacy and International Relations, said.

Looks like the Law of Unintended Consequences is in full effect... the very people who support the UN over Donald Trump, who seemingly spend every waking minute looking for some story about how good the UN is and how evil Trump is, are themselves responsible for the lack of cash flow. I look on this development as some sort of Karmic repayment... the fake news wove a web of deceit and tightened it around their own throats.

Works for me... if the UN runs out of money, the IPCC will be defunded and the myth of Global Warming can finally be laid to rest as another failed theory with a tombstone next to the earth-centric universe and the flat earth theory. The funneling of money to terrorists can be squelched. The whole concept of the USA being responsible for every cockamamie excuse to inject their particular brand of interference into other countries' business will wither away like a thorn tree in a forest fire.

And in the process, the US will again be free of this parental role they should never have had over countries that hate us. MAGA!

TheRedneck

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 09:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Wreckclues

How much would 17 acres of prime real estate overlooking the East River be worth?

Manhattan real estate is not measured in acres. The correct phrasing should be "How much would 740,000 square feet of prime real estate overlooking the East River be worth?"

TheRedneck

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 09:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

And that's worse than Al Qaeda / ISIS; the Wars of Drugs, how?

Did not say it was.

I would just as much condemn funding Al Qaeda, ISIS, Red Brigades, IRA, (insert favorite terror group here), etc....

Cheers

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 09:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck
a reply to: Wreckclues

How much would 17 acres of prime real estate overlooking the East River be worth?

Manhattan real estate is not measured in acres. The correct phrasing should be "How much would 740,000 square feet of prime real estate overlooking the East River be worth?"

TheRedneck

Nah.

I have to say I'm more with Wrecklues on this one. No sense keeping the old building and bad memories. Just bulldoze the whole thing into the East River and make a 17 acre parking lot. Even that would be an improvement.

Cheers

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 09:59 PM
link   

I was just pointing out that his question didn't do the answer justice.

Personally, I think it would work great as the newest Trump golf course/UN Museum of Failed World History.

TheRedneck

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 10:07 PM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

I hope that is sarcasm....

Not in the least and you damn well know that.

As long as the media is controlled from one tiny group, elements like Twitter get the truth out there.

P

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 10:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck

I was just pointing out that his question didn't do the answer justice.

Personally, I think it would work great as the newest Trump golf course/UN Museum of Failed World History.

TheRedneck

Golf course is a GREAT idea.
Although, it will probably take YEARS to take the stench out of the former UN 17 acre lot.

Then again, with the stench, we could give it a more fitting name, like Pelosi-Fauxcahantas 18 Shytehole Golf Course....

....or with the stench, simply use it as a garbage dump. The Hillary Clinton Memorial Landfill...she always wanted to have an NYC monument up to her greatness...

edit on 2-8-2018 by M5xaz because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Well, it does sit overlooking the East River, so the stench sorta fits...

TheRedneck

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Screw 'em.

Let them go broke and send them packing.

It's a corrupt institution not worth keeping alive. They are uninterested in maintaining global peace and often its members ignore it.

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 11:14 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

But we NEED layer after layer of bureaucratic hoobajoo within and without each national government. I weep for the EU. They needed like 3 or four more layers at least above the their governments, and the EU oligarchy, and the UN, and up and up and up. Get with The Programming or get out of our planet!!

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 11:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueJacket

Ive always felt Carbon Credits were intended to be the UN's tax base...good thing it hasn't happened.

Such as was mentioned here UN Finance

A global tax on currency or financial transactions, a carbon tax or taxes on the arms-trade might provide such revenue.

Even better the UN may have found more revenue ,ironically, through oil revenues of off shore oil off Canada's coast.

A deepwater oil project 500 kilometres from St. John's could generate a rich stream of revenue for Newfoundland and Labrador and tax benefits for Ottawa — but it also could eventually see funds flow all the way to the United Nations.

Canada signed on to UNCLOS in 2003 and the fight is on as to who would pay between the Feds or the provinces involved. But with Trudeau at the helm Canada will pay.
UN could cash in on Oil Project

posted on Aug, 3 2018 @ 12:33 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

The saddest thing of all is that those wanting war, often are risking nothing and are not willing to sacrifice for such, that only the poor that are the ones that are having to bear the brunt of that.

But there are few things that could happen if the UN fails, and the change of the world, the shifting of the dynamics, that would affect all of us, in ways we can not even begin to imagine. The worst would be the rise of Empires happening again.

<< 1    3  4 >>

join