It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UN running out of cash, FINALLY !

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+27 more 
posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 08:00 PM
link   
That global symbol of corruption, graft, support for terrorism and incompetence is finally running low on funding.
Contributing nations are late in payments .

While the ideal outcome, disbanding of the UN, is probably too much to hope for, perhaps this could trigger much needed reform.

www.foxnews.com...

+7 more 
posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 08:06 PM
link   
a reply to: M5xaz

Thanks for the great news.
We don't need them. Maybe Soros can give them money.....hehehe !

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 08:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: M5xaz
That global symbol of corruption, graft, support for terrorism and incompetence is finally running low on funding.

I thought thats what the "American" Flag has been relegated to the past 50 years.

How does the UN support terrorism, aside from being the pawn of the US (by in large)?

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Time to re-call Kofi Annan 💥😃💥

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 08:17 PM
link   

i wonder why trump made a complete 180 on the UN from around the same time last year...

'theyre great folks and doing a great job '
edit on 2-8-2018 by odzeandennz because: (no reason given)

+13 more 
posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 08:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz

i wonder why trump made a complete 180 on the UN from around the same time last year...

Maybe he took the time to focus on them, did a little reading and recoiled in horror.

Some of us read stuff and change our minds based on the facts instead of having the same ideology forever.

It's called learning and evolving...

edit on 2-8-2018 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Found this article from 2013 on how much the UN costs the city of New York with suggestions for moving it to Africa.

The UN gulps $25 million a year on maintenance, including $6 million on personnel to accommodate one million visitors annually.
The NYPD spends up to $7 million each year to provide security to foreign dignitaries who rain down on First Ave. for the September General Assembly.
Let's not forget that diplomats owe the city $17 million in unpaid parking tickets. And, since a federal appeals court ruled in 2010 foreign countries don't need to pay property tax for their Manhattan buildings, containing UN missions and ambassadors' apartments, the city has lost tens of millions of dollars in tax revenues.

How much would 17 acres of prime real estate overlooking the East River be worth?

www.nydailynews.com...#

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Good. The UN was a good idea. As it currently exists it's a joke. Anything the UN does can be done through bilateral or multilateral alliances.

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 08:45 PM
link   

I would hate to be someone unwilling to change my mind when faced with new facts. I think it shows a great maturity to be able to admit you were wrong.

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 08:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

I thought thats what the "American" Flag has been relegated to the past 50 years.

How does the UN support terrorism, aside from being the pawn of the US (by in large)?

The UN's UNRWA has close ties to Hamas - whatever UNRWA provides Hamas either diverts or frees up their own funds to support suicide bombings.

Furthermore, in the UNRWAs own schools, teachers blazenly promote terrorism with zero repercussions.

Anti-semitism and terrorism ties prompted the former Harper government in Canada to suspend all UNRWA funding several years ago which the new Trudeau government promptly restored (because, you know, votes. Trudeau only cares about his own reflection in the mirror. Dead people killed by his funding of UNRWA, not so much) despite the situation on the ground being as bad as ever.

www.unwatch.org...
edit on 2-8-2018 by M5xaz because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Horsetradings of diplomacy, stick and carrot approach.

Nice of Trump to try, but I am 100% sure any efforts by anyone to reform that useless UN cesspool will fail.

Within at most 2 years, he'll be back to using the stick.

Personally, I think it's beyond salvation, the UN is completely useless.
No carrots.
No sticks.
Disbanding the UN is the best approach

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 08:55 PM
link   

While the ideal outcome, disbanding of the UN, is probably too much to hope for, perhaps this could trigger much needed reform.

www.foxnews.com...

I am not saying your wrong. But I do have a question.

If the UN is disbanded, what platform will the nations of the earth use to communicate?

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 08:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

Maybe he took the time to focus on them, did a little reading and recoiled in horror.

Some of us read stuff and change our minds based on the facts instead of having the same ideology forever.

It's called learning and evolving...

And some of us read and learn the lessons of History....and some others "What's reading ?". ..

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 08:58 PM
link   

www.foxnews.com...

Cheering and celebrating???

Do you have any idea that how many times the UN prevented the war of the worlds..? guess you’ve been born yesterday dude!

It’s really sad time…

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 09:00 PM
link   

The Agenda Of The UN has been clear for decades.

The United Nations: Manifesting the Vision of the One humanity

www.lucistrust.org...

Behind the dais, the golden background is suggestive of a stream of energy from on high. It certainly seems appropriate imagery for a spiritual sanctum, and the Bailey books point to the thought that the General Assembly could be considered a sanctum of the Avatar of Synthesis, Who is particularly associated with the United Nations.

Now here’s a quote from the books which connects the conference theme of Initiation with the vision which the United Nations is seeking to present and to manifest.

“The race as a whole stands now at the very entrance to the Path of Discipleship. The racial gaze is forward to the vision, whether it is the vision of the soul, a vision of a better way of life, of an improved economic situation, or of better inter-racial relationship. That this vision is oft distorted, that it is materially oriented or only partially seen is sadly true; but in some form or another there exists today an appreciable grasp of the 'new and desirable' by the masses—a thing hitherto unknown. In the past, it was the intelligentsia or the elect who were privileged to have the vision. Today, it is the mass of men...” (The Rays and the Initiations p.498-99, emph. added)

We know that the UN is itself an expression of this vision, as well as one of humanity's main instruments for seeking to further express it.

So when we turn our attention to other important international conferences, many of which are convened by the UN, we can envision similar significant cooperation from the deva hierarchies, a theme which Tom Ravetz explored at the WG Seminar in London last year. This is another way of saying that conferences of all kinds are moments of opportunity for the Plan to work its way out further into manifestation. So it is not surprising that very human dramas play out, as the personality mechanisms struggle to cope with the intense spiritual energies seeking expression.

The Lucis Trust

The Lucis Trust is the Publishing House which prints and disseminates United Nations material. It is a devastating indictment of the New Age and Pagan nature of the UN.

Lucis Trust was established in 1922 as Lucifer Trust by Alice Bailey as the publishing company to disseminate the books of Bailey and Blavatsky and the Theosophical Society. The title page of Alice Bailey's book, 'Initiation, Human and Solar' was originally printed in 1922, and clearly shows the publishing house as 'Lucifer Publishing CoIn 1923.'

Bailey changed the name to Lucis Trust, because Lucifer Trust revealed the true nature of the New Age Movement too clearly. (Constance Cumbey, The Hidden Dangers of the Rainbow, p. 49). A quick trip to any New Age bookstore will reveal that many of the hard-core New Age books are published by Lucis Trust.

At one time, the Lucis Trust office in New York was located at 666 United Nations Plaza and is a member of the Economic and Social Council of the United Nations under a slick program called "World Goodwill".

In an Alice Bailey book called "Education for a New Age"; she suggests that in the new age "World Citizenship should be the goal of the enlightened, with a world federation and a world brain." In other words - a One World Government New World Order.

edit on 2-8-2018 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Ive always felt Carbon Credits were intended to be the UN's tax base...good thing it hasn't happened.

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it.

That very statement is one that we should remember and consider when it comes to the UN. This organization, that is in trouble, is one that we should be not only careful of, but also concerned about. It is the very organization that many would celebrate its failing, all the while failing to understand it.

The UN, this organization was started after World War II, and a truly American innovation. The ideas that were put into it, from some of the very goals, and ideas came right from the prominent members of the United States of America, yet there are those that would see it fail. And who can blame them, after all before the UN was in place, what all was there in the world, but war. Various powers fighting with each other, and slowly and progressively getting bigger and the horrors far more damming and shaming of the all of mankind.

The world was dangerous back then with many regional conflicts, one of them drew many nations into the world, and plunging it into the flames of war. And countries, having no where to turn, no way to air grievances, no means or table set for 2 opposing nations to sit and talk. And no way to share crucial information, when it matters, or even to ask for assistance during say an epidemic.

So while the organization is in dire straits, lets not just cheer its passing, to get out of the UN, but to morn one of the few best hopes for peace, that we take a few moments to step back and hope that with its passing, that we are not brought to an earlier time, when one war will spark something far worse, with weapons that do far greater damage and far more dangerous than before.

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 09:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: highvein

www.foxnews.com...

I am not saying your wrong. But I do have a question.

If the UN is disbanded, what platform will the nations of the earth use to communicate?

There are enough other forums that exist, from the existing embassy system to G-7, etc that are far more effective.

The UN is worse than useless, it's a farce, and an expensive one.

Sample item of many, too many - Saudis on a UN Human rights panel
www.independent.co.uk...
-Where are the feminist SJWs ? Oh, right, always absent from real causes when real heavy lifting is required.

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 09:12 PM
link   
a reply to: sdcigarpig

It seems to me that some people want war, especially the ones cheering this on as a good thing, well either that of they are just horribly misinformed I guess.

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 09:14 PM
link   

And that's worse than Al Qaeda / ISIS; the Wars of Drugs, how?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join