It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Art Bell’s Cause of Death Released

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 07:13 PM
link   
In another thread (found here) it was suggested that Art committed suicide... according to reports from multiple sources, his cause of death has been ruled accidental overdose. What a horrible accident, and a great loss to all of his listeners, friends, and family. Another member (dreamingawake) also posted these findings yesterday in that same thread, but I believe that a new thread might find some interest and allow more discussion.

Primary Source

The cause of death for radio personality and UFO enthusiast Art Bell has been determined — and no, Bell didn’t meet his demise from an alien probing gone awry. Bell, who died April 13, at his home in Pahrump, Nevada, died of multiple drug intoxication “from his own lawfully prescribed prescriptions,” the Nye County Sheriff’s Office in Nevada said Wednesday. Citing an autopsy conducted by the Clark County Medical Examiner, the sheriff’s office said that the death was determined to be caused by an accidental overdose.

Secondary Source

Bell died April 13 in a bedroom of his Pahrump home at age 72. The coroner’s office determined he had four prescription medications in his system: the opioids oxycodone and hydrocodone, diazepam (often marketed as Valium) and the muscle relaxant carisoprodol. Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease and hypertension also contributed to his death, the coroner’s office said.

edit on 822018 by seattlerat because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 07:21 PM
link   
That drug combo, Soma+Oxycodone/Hydrocodone+Benzodiazepines can be lethal depending on dose and tolerance the patient has to the meds. the DEA has red flagged that combo, and for good reason. just the valium combined with the pain meds can cause a problem with breathing, then add in Soma, and if you take a few of those it could be lights out.

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 07:24 PM
link   
a reply to: annoyedpharmacist

From what little I recall from my pharmacology days, that's not a good combo, especially at his age.

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 07:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull

From what little I recall from my pharmacology days, that's not a good combo, especially at his age.

It is very bad, and I can tell you from experience that just Soma can knock you on your arse. Had a spell of back spasms back a while back, and my doc at the time gave me Soma 350 up to three times a day. one night I took 2 and was out for almost 12 hours.....and when I mean out, I didnt move from the spot I fell asleep one inch. it is called the "soma coma"
edit on pm88201818America/Chicago02p07pm by annoyedpharmacist because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 07:34 PM
link   
I'm not saying it was aliens,
But it was aliens....

Sorry, I think art would appreciate that one.

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 07:42 PM
link   
a reply to: seattlerat

Every time I see a story about Art I get bummed out.
I was a huge fan of his for many years.

It is good to hear the truth on how he died.
Much appreciated.

s&f

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Why not just use marijuana?

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 08:15 PM
link   
That lot means they get soooooooooo relaxed they just wont, cant wake up.

That's how the majority of these celebrity deaths went down, aside from this newer fetanyl trend.

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 08:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: sooth
Why not just use marijuana?

Because Art was a rebel, he was boogying down that night, not alleviating pain.

No doctor worth his/her salt would prescribe a 72-yr old man those 4 meds — that’s the exact combo a pill-popper would hope to get their hands on...I imagine a couple of those scripts aren’t from the same doc. If one doc prescribed all those for concurrent use, they should be found negligent and a malpractice suit should follow.

A 100mgs of Oxycodone, 5mgs of diazepam, and a few somas will turn the lights out for good. Art likely got busy one night and his depressed breathing and heart ailments likely caught up to him. My $0.02

ETA: I see annoyedpharmacist and Seagull basically spelled what said earlier — got beat to the punch 🥊
edit on 2-8-2018 by BeefNoMeat because: ETA

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 11:52 PM
link   
Back in the day they called that combo the "Holy Trinity".

posted on Aug, 3 2018 @ 12:06 AM
link   
The pharmaceutical industry takes another life in America. Shocker.

posted on Aug, 3 2018 @ 05:36 AM
link   

Enough drugs to shut down breathing,oh well at least he didn't die in pain,never judge a man till you walk in his shoes,spinal problems are very painful

posted on Aug, 3 2018 @ 06:38 AM
link   

I don't know how you accidentally take two different types of opiates, an antianxiety drug and muscle relaxers combined, the last two will greatly potentiate the opiates. He was either looking for a really good high or he was hoping to never wake up.

posted on Aug, 3 2018 @ 06:54 AM
link   
a reply to: pointessa

I'm 30, not 72. I currently have to take an antihistamine daily for fluid in an ear. It's over the counter and if I miss a day it's kind of whatever.

I have forgotten many days if I took it.

Keep in mind the pills he were on could actually help you forget everything you've taken.

posted on Aug, 3 2018 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Good for sharing-thanks for the mention(I just don't have time to manage threads at the moment.)

Taking multiple drugs killed one of my neighbors, and it was an accident, it very well could have been that. Heck, I'm way younger and have forgotten if I took meds at times. Suicide doesn't seem likely, gonna side with the report on this. With Bell's COPD,I don't think he was at what may be called an end stage of the disease as some people I've known who passed after having to be on a portable, then a hospital breathing machine.
edit on 3-8-2018 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2018 @ 08:17 PM
link   

So basically legally prescribed medication has caused another death, since doctors prescriptions are the major killer in the Western world something must be seriously wrong with the system.

new topics

top topics

join