It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NYTimes’ Newest Hire Sent Tons Of Anti-White Racist Tweets

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+33 more 
posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Per:
dailycaller.com...

Well, this is interesting! And apparently the NYT stands behind their newest hire.

www.foxnews.com...

The New York Times’ newest editorial hire has a history of racist tweets against white people. NYT announced on Wednesday that they hired Sarah Jeong to join their editorial board. Jeong previously wrote for the Verge and authored “The Internet of Garbage,” a book about online harassment and free speech. Shortly after Jeong’s hire, Twitter users unearthed old tweets in which she expressed an extreme distaste for white people. “Dumbass f**king white people marking up the internet with their opinions like dogs pissing on fire hydrants,” she tweeted in 2016. Another tweet reads, “oh man it’s kind of sick how much joy I get from being cruel to old white men.”

Well, of course.......I am sure her views aren't representative of the NYT or their staff. Probably a total one off as far as the organization is concerned and doubtless they were totally unaware of her previous tweet history.

The "racial" situation in this country is definitely out of control. But of course, I'm sure we'll hear that Asians can't be racist against white people because.................whatever.

Think I'll exercise my white privilege to stop reading the NYT.

+7 more 
posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 01:32 PM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

Shes the kind of girl I would like to bring home to meet my mother, unfortunately she would likely stick a knife in mom's back so I'll pass.

The paper should fire her immediately and also for whoever hired her as they obviously were not doing their job.

+31 more 
posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 01:34 PM
link   

She's a racist bigot.

She'll fit right in at the New York Times.

edit on 2-8-2018 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

+9 more 
posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Shes gotta go..

Precedent has been set.

+12 more 
posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Nowadays I just assume racism is common to everyone of the far-left intelligentsia.
edit on 2|8|18 by Words because: (no reason given)

+18 more 
posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 01:59 PM
link   
She is literally insane. Like batsnip extremist far-left insane. Replace 1 word in those messages, and I think you know which one I'm talking about, with another word and ask yourself how fast her career would be over.

+1 more 
posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Sounds like a solid hire by the New York Times.

I see they are doing great investigating on their Employees as well as their Journalism.

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 02:09 PM
link   
I don’t care what she tweeted. Her tweets don’t have to reflect what I believe.

My issue are two fold:

does the NYT believe these are racist tweets and if not why. Are they going to cover other people the same way they treated their new employee, if they have similar tweets.

Same question to @jack. For what I gather twitter stance is: these tweets should have been taken down and the person should have been shadow banned. These should go for YouTube also

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 02:18 PM
link   
a reply to: pavil

Sounds like a solid hire by the New York Times.

Bwahahah, thanks........I needed a good laugh right about now!

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 02:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Konduit

I have to ask.........why do you presume she's radical leftist. She might actually be more centralist Democrat. I mean, we gotta believe she's a Democrat, but I don't have any information to indicate she's an extreme Leftist.

She may well be expressing openly what most Democrats think/believe but only say in the safety of an audience of their own.

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 02:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Words
Nowadays I just assume racism is common to everyone of the far-left intelligentsia.

I assume that of the alt-leftists as well, but..................where's the evidence she's a "far-left" on the spectrum?

I dunno.

+18 more 
posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 02:24 PM
link   

You dont think #cancelwhitepeople is an extremist view?

+4 more 
link   
Hypocrisy at its finest.

I'll just sit back and smirk at the liberals who will undoubtfully come in to defend.
edit on 2-8-2018 by ker2010 because: (no reason given)

+8 more 
link   
You can't be racist against white people because they aren't human. Simple really. You should attend an open diversity and inclusivity seminar at your local diploma mill once in a while.

Of course if these tweets were about Blacks, east Asians, central Asians, Indians, Arabs or any other number of people aren't of European descent then of course they would be grounds for a public lynching.

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 02:26 PM
link   
It's ok because she said it about white ppl. I mean we all know that POC's can't be racist... amirite?

The same people defending her will be shocked and appalled when the tables are turned, and they will shout about how the ppl doing the same thing are racists and bigots and intolerant.

+8 more 
posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Not just some old hire for the NYT.
The racist Nazi is on the Editorial Board.

The bigot will be making editorial decisions for the paper.

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 02:28 PM
link   

“I engaged in what I thought of at the time as counter-trolling. While it was intended as satire, I deeply regret that I mimicked the language of my harassers"

If she can't pull off some simple satire on twitter, how is she qualified for an editorial position?

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 02:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zarniwoop

“I engaged in what I thought of at the time as counter-trolling. While it was intended as satire, I deeply regret that I mimicked the language of my harassers"

If she can't pull off some simple satire on twitter, how is she qualified for an editorial position?

And the same people will laugh at Rosanne's Ambien excuse. :/

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 02:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

Yea, its extremist but is it confined to the leftists? I dunno. I just looked at one place she worked, the Verge; it doesn't appear to be leftist......its all tech news.

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 02:34 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

That should liven things up a bit.

I wonder if people like her know the extent to which that simply encourages people to vote for Trump purely for the pleasure of driving people like her nuts!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join