It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Jews

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 02:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple
a reply to: Deetermined

I don't think the deal was about something as short and fragile as one human life. That would have been stupid.

To try and make this short, after the second coming of Jesus, there will be a "Sheep and Goat Judgement" on who gets to enter into the Millennial Kingdom. For those who accept Jesus as their Lord and Savior by the end of that thousand year period, they will get to enter into Heaven or the New Jerusalem for eternity. Unfortunately, we don't know exactly who will make it through the Sheep and Goat Judgement and how they are judged before they can enter into the Millennial Kingdom. Then there's still the White Throne Judgement that comes after the Millennial period is over. At that point, all are judged the same. It won't matter where you came from, just what you believe in.

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

I've always wanted to ask this Just why have the Jewish people been hated through out history ? I mean they've had it ruff .

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Hate to tell you guys the truth but
religion is just a jedi mind trick.

There is no god and there never was a deal.

There is only the force

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 02:52 PM
link   

edit on 2-8-2018 by MoonunitZap because: cannot post from chrome- giving up, apologies yet again

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 03:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wayfarer

Uh, no different than any culture who believes they're actually the 'chosen' people (hint, its all hokum).

And what cultures would you be talking about?

Here's a link from Wikipedia with a list of groups which seems only to encompass those descendant from the Abrahamic faith first evidenced in Judaism.

Rather its probably more profitable to analyze the physiological conditions inherent in ALL humans that causes us to seek to elevate ourselves (and by proxy our 'tribe') above others for a plethora of reasons.

Perhaps there might also be something in Jewish claims of "chosenness", especially as the generalization does not stand up under analysis?

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 03:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gargoyle91

I've always wanted to ask this Just why have the Jewish people been hated through out history ? I mean they've had it ruff .

Perhaps they have a real spiritual opponent with worldwide influence?

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 03:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gargoyle91

The Bible told us to look to Israel for signs of Jesus' second coming. The Bible also tells us that when the time gets close, that Jerusalem would become a burdensome stone for the whole world to fight over, which they are, but God will step in and take care of every nation that tries to come up against them.

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 03:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Deetermined

Not ONLY faith. ..by your definition but also as you WALK (obey) him.

Most do not understand TRUE FAITH which equals the law due to your fruits.

Do you understand the mystery behind faith?

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 03:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Wayfarer

Do the Khazars and Berber tribes of converters to the Jewish religion get grandfathered into the chosen people status? What kind of god would show favoritism based strictly on a race of people, even if their behavior was abominable? The Jews in the bible were disobedient and worshiped idols but god still keeps them in their chosen status? How about getting what you are worthy of by the spiritual progress you work toward, not just being lucky enough to be born into something?

(post by testingtesting removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 03:59 PM
link   
a reply to: pointessa

The Israeliites are not a race.

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Regardless of heritage or ethnicity the chose people are who they are through their defining beliefs.

Just for clarification, I think all 3 branches of the abrahamic religions were created for specific purposes each. I think one branch are the brainless warriors that are enlisted to stir up as much chaos as possible. Another branch are the blind followers that take direction without question and the last are the mastermind scapegoats.

No one here has any inkling of why the chosen people have been 'persecuted' for the last 1-2 thousand years? Really?

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 04:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: ClovenSky
No one here has any inkling of why the chosen people have been 'persecuted' for the last 1-2 thousand years? Really?

Superiority complex and snobbery.

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 04:56 PM
link   

I'm not aware of any deal, but as for chosen, it's all in the script. I do recall something about the forty year trek through the desert, that the ones who survived just were.

Even though there are some anti Semitic remarks in Christianity and Islam, its ironic, and a tad funny that they use Jewish figures, like Moses, Elijah, and Solomon. I'm kind of sure the Jews don't believe in Revelations, but have their own ideas of end times or days.

Something about an Artisan or Architect named Armilus being the villain, relating to the demiurge.

edit on 2-8-2018 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 05:37 PM
link   
The story goes that he made the deal with them, not the other way round.
What they got was the privilege of being the first point of contact, helping him to contact everybody else. (The idea that it was an exclusive relationship was a misunderstanding).

It's a bit like being the child of the village school-teacher. It looks like a privileged position, making everybody else resentful, but you're kept under a specially watchful eye and can't get away with anything.

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 06:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple
The chosen people who made a deal with God himself. But it's obviously not to their advantage, after everything they've been through, I feel comfortable making such a broad statement.
So what was the deal about? My guess is soul-immortality. While us commoners still have to work and earn our eternal life they got it guaranteed long ago. Now acting as test probes if we get consumed by hate and jealousy or if we can see them as what they are, ordinary people with an extra link to god.
What do you think the deal they made was about if not that?

I really don't know all that the Jews believe as I have never studied all of their holy books. Many of them seem to be atheist anyway. The new testament doesn't teach that we have immortal souls. Immortality comes at the last judgements. Everyone else goes into the lake of fire. Fear the one who can kill both body and soul.

All this stuff about God made a deal with the Jews, Jews are chosen, the old testament is about the Jews, is all not 100% accurate. The old testament is about the Israelites. Jews were just 1 out of 12 tribes. Not all those people were Jews. Actually, after Solomon died and before they went into exile in Babylon, the Jews were split off from Israel and actually were at war with Israel. I'm not sure why they claim to be Israel today. They should call themselves Judah.

That was when they emerged as a distinct group. Supposedly that was when they wrote the Bible by compiling older writings and oral legends. Really, the Jewish religion we see today wasn't finalized until much later. The current Jewish religion is not much older than Christianity although it has older roots.

What happened to Israel? They dispersed. Wherever they went, they are still descendants of Israel and should still be just as chosen as the Jews are.

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 07:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Henubal

Only a sith deals in absolutes

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 08:27 PM
link   
The author(s) of Books of Chronicles, Books of Kings and Books of Deuteronomy told you that.

To be fair, the Jews is not exclusively chosen people of Creator God. Long before Jacob and Abraham, Creator God had already been worshipped in other parts of world civilization such as Indus Valley, African and native South America. They just don't recognize Jew's YHWH as the rightful name of Creator God. Since there can only be one most high god, I assume this creator god is the same god for every other civilizations. Therefore, God YHWH is also known as Brahma in India and Mulungu in East and Central Africa.

But since this thread is about the Jews, I suggest you refer to the bible chronicles and genealogy, starting with wiki reference.

God calls Israel to a special relationship. The call begins with the genealogies (chapters 1–9 of 1 Chronicles), gradually narrowing the focus from all mankind to a single family, the Israelites, the descendants of Jacob. "True" Israel is those who continue to worship Yahweh at the Temple in Jerusalem, with the result that the history of the historical kingdom of Israel is almost completely ignored.[12]

en.m.wikipedia.org...

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 10:14 PM
link   
a reply to: ChristianParr

Yep.

I actually don't see god really as the dealer type. You could probably make a deal with the other one. Maybe they got fooled.

A bit off topic, the scripts for the last 2 sw movies must have been written by the sith.

So bad.

posted on Aug, 3 2018 @ 12:31 AM
link   
a reply to: toms54

But what about those who aren't alive at the days of judgement? Do they automatically go into the fire lakes? Do they rest in an undefined state until that day? Do they live multiple lifes or just get one shot?

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join