It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thinking about a new cell phone

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 03:29 PM
link   
In the Android section there is 1+ (oneplus), Huawei or Oppo.
They're good.
The Oneplus 6 is a very good and populair phone, Huawei offers a p20 lite (midrange).
All very good phones for half or a third of the x-phone price.

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 03:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: AScrubWhoDied

originally posted by: Bluntone22
a reply to: dug88

I hate all the crap that came on my last Samsung.
You can turn all the apps off but they still take up space.

That's one thing I was hoping to avoid.

You can gain root level privileges and remove anything on most android devices.

I'm going to hold out to see if the Red hydorgen one is any good - but samsung has decided to start manufacturing their phones in a way that makes it difficult to replace the battery without fear of damaging it so I'd probably stay away from them now

Ya I did this with my Samsung. Rooting my phone is always the first thing i do. There's things you can't get rid of even rooted though. At least back on the android 4 ones. It's a lot nicer to start with a nearly clean slate than to have to sift through the #. I'm also not a big fan of their quality. I've owned a couple even before there were smartphones the screens damaged easily on all of them, even my old Samsung flip phone and the charging port has died in every one.

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 05:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

I don't know, I was drinking last night and was probably being difficult...

posted on Aug, 4 2018 @ 08:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

The Honor P10 is a pretty decent midrange handset within or around your price range.

posted on Aug, 4 2018 @ 04:56 PM
link   
If your phone tends to get beat up, MotoG phones are virtually indestructible. You can drop em, step on em, even submerge them in water (like an earlier poster mentioned) and they live on. The only drawback is that they have a fairly small screen size.

That said, I have an LG Stylus3 (about 120 bucks) and I love it. Great camera, will accept even the biggest micro SD, and the stylus is super-handy for making lists, taking notes on the fly etc. And it didn't come loaded with a ton of bloatware like phones usually do.

posted on Aug, 5 2018 @ 06:00 AM
link   
a reply to: riiver

Simple enough to just root them these days with one click software and then remove or add what you wish.

(post by helengomes removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join