It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alex Jones’s Attorneys Argue That No Reasonable Person Would Believe What He Says

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+11 more 
posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 03:57 AM
link   
This guy is an absolute train wreck. We're starting to see less and less of Alex Jones on ATS these days. I wonder why? The Sandyhook parents aren't done with him that's for sure. Not by a longshot:

With that increased influence—he’s one of President Trump’s key media defenders, and Trump, during the 2016 presidential campaign, appeared on Infowars to gush to the host about his “amazing” reputation—Jones has faced increased scrutiny. Last year, during a bitter custody trial with his ex-wife, Jones’s attorneys had to walk a tightrope in the courtroom between acknowledging that part of his persona is, in fact, an act he plays up for the cameras—lest the jury find him an unfit father—and maintaining for the sake of his audience that he actually does believe every word he says.

Now, he’s once more facing a legal challenge—and his attorneys are once more tasked with arguing that Jones doesn’t really mean what he says on his broadcasts, while also doing their best to maintain his credibility.

One of lawsuits (for defamation) come from Pozner and Veronique De La Rosa, parents of one of the victims of the Sandyhook massacre. Jones claimed that an interview between Pozner De La Rosa and CNN host Anderson Cooper in Newtown, Connecticut, was faked, and that they filmed it in front of a green screen. This was among the accusations and examples of defamation mounted against Jones. The response from his lawyers?

“There can simply be no statement of fact when Mr. Jones views a video of Anderson Cooper and provides his commentary and opinion with regard to possibilities as to why Mr. Cooper’s nose disappeared on the video, all the while directing the viewers’ attention to the very video about which he opined,” a motion to dismiss the suit filed by Jones’s attorney argues. “No reasonable reader or listener would interpret Mr. Jones’ statements regarding the possibility of a ‘blue-screen’ being used as a verifiably false statement of fact, and even if it is verifiable as false, the entire context in which it was made discloses that the statements are mere opinions ‘masquerading as a fact.'”

Texas Monthly

We all remember his last case involving his ex wife and how his lawyers argued he was just a Performance Artist right? And now this from his. Christ you can't make this stuff up??

It hasn't been looking all too flash for ol' Jonesy as of late. Facebook suspended his profile last month for uploading a number of videos that violated the platform’s content policies. Spotify is removing some of Alex Jones' podcasts and Youtube had taken action earlier in July by pulling down 4 videos from InfoWars. It's not looking summer-like for Infowars at all is it?

Heck even other rightwing talk show hosts and celebrities are calling him out on his BS. Ben Shapiro called him out for being a kook.

But hey, the guy can still claim the 'Deepstate' is out to get him I guess? Regardless of the amount of evidence out there pointing to him being a fraud.

Gay frogs folks.

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 04:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian

Why do you care? The guy is a full on nutjob, he makes money by engaging uninformed people with utter bollox, just because he has a following of equally retarded listeners doesn't make him newsworthy in any way shape or form.

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 04:05 AM
link   
free speech has consequences - welcome to the real world mr jones

+3 more 
posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 04:08 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Why do you care?

You cared enough to reply to this thread.

The guy is a full on nutjob, he makes money by engaging uninformed people

Many of which come onto this forum and spread his nonsense. He still has a large following.

link   
Sorry anyone that takes him 100% serious needs help.

I listen to him on occasion usually interesting (on occasion) to funny right up till he takes callers then its to hard for me to listen to so I move on to something else.

Quite a bit of his conspiracy stuff could be a pretty interesting book with a good enough writer.

link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape
free speech has consequences - welcome to the real world mr jones

If it has consequences then it isn't free...

link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

I think he's showing early signs of having a mental breakdown.

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 04:09 AM
link   
Spaghetti.

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 04:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Southern Guardian
a reply to: ignorant_ape

I think he's showing early signs of having a mental breakdown.

eh?

It's been a continuous breakdown since about 2001, imao.

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 04:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Wide-Eyes

Oh really? So you can say anything to anybody and expect no consequences in return right? And those people have no right to respond I take it?

Interesting.

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 04:11 AM
link   

Joe Rogan seemingly turned his back on him too.

I saw a clip of Jones recently saying he never called Sandy Hook a hoax and anything he did say was as a devils advocate, I actually tuned in back then due to the Sandy Hook case and he 1000% said from top to bottom it was a hoax.

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 04:12 AM
link   

Okay, maybe y2k was the start

Vladimir Putin known as Vladimir THE RUTHLESS! He resembles a demon.

Thankfully you brought this to everyone's attention.

edit on 2-8-2018 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 04:13 AM
link   

If you need an attorney or court case to tell you he is a nutjob and full of bs, well then you are a nutjob.

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 04:16 AM
link   

Oh really? So you can say anything to anybody and expect no consequences in return right? And those people have no right to respond I take it?

Interesting.

You're missing my point.

He's not actually saying anything to anybody. He's talking to a camera and he can say whatever he wants to say.

If people choose to listen and they don't like what he says they can also choose to not watch.

It's really that simple.

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 04:16 AM
link   

I cared enough to reply, your frigging kidding right have you seen the rubbish I reply too...

Fair to say anyone taking their cues from Alex Jones should be taken lightly.

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 04:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes

Interesting.

You're missing my point.

He's not actually saying anything to anybody. He's talking to a camera and he can say whatever he wants to say.

If people choose to listen and they don't like what he says they can also choose to not watch.

It's really that simple.

Exactly, just like Sasha's pedo wand.. Right?

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 04:18 AM
link   

And people choose to respond how they see fit. Youtube, a private company chooses to take down his videos. Freedom is a two way street bud. It's not exclusive to any one person.

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 04:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes

Interesting.

You're missing my point.

It's really that simple.

Exactly, just like Sasha's pedo wand.. Right?

I don't know what you're talking about and by the sounds of it, I don't want to.

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 04:23 AM
link   

And people choose to respond how they see fit. Youtube, a private company chooses to take down his videos. Freedom is a two way street bud. It's not exclusive to any one person.

That's fine by me. YouTube can do what they like as far as I'm concerned.

I've had my beefs with YouTube in the past but I'm past caring now.

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 04:25 AM
link   

Put it this way, a bunch of conservatives were very upset at his comedy and wanted to have him silenced. They could have chosen not to watch but I guess it just hit too close to home.

<<   2  3  4 >>

join