It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HUUUUGE Cylindrical UFO Caught Traveling BEHIND Jupiter Posted On July 30

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 12:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr

originally posted by: butcherguy

originally posted by: highvein
a reply to: shawmanfromny

If that went behind Jupiter then the rate of speed would be phenomenal.

Incredibly large too.

Your right it would easily be moving 10 times the speed of light and about twice the size of the earth. If a planet was moving that quickly it would also redshift and you would see the light change as it travelled. They filmed a bug flying by the camera,

10 times the speed of light? If it was moving 10 times the speed of light, then how was it videod?

Where do you come up with your numbers? just curious

I agree def a bug
edit on 2-8-2018 by Whatthedoctorordered because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 12:30 AM
link   
Without reading the replies and I'm sure this is redundant, but what's likelier; a ship larger than a planet, or several planets, or a small sun, traveling a few times the speed of light, that nobody else saw with the millions of scopes trained most everywhere, tearing past the largest planet in our neighborhood with no perturbations or catastrophes from its incredible mass, energy and gravity ...

OR

a smaller: bug, plane, black budget ship or satellite much nearer Earth was caught occluding (passing in front of) Jupiter.

Gotta say, tho, that a ship larger than Jupiter is appealing and would make even my woo-filled head space spin.

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 01:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
Space is so HUGE, you could have space-based lifeforms as big as suns flying around. Even if they lived a million years, and could "fly" at 10 times the speed of light, they'd never even come close to covering much of the universe.

Now that is certainly a powerful mental image. And totally possible too! I mean why not? We act like we know things about the universe but really even top scientists/physicists are only making educated guesses at most things.

We hardly understand all of the workings here just on Earth or within our own human bodies for that matter.

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 02:29 AM
link   
If it passes behind Jupiter, and it's an actual physical object, wouldn't it have to be huge? At least several times as large as Earth?

Would there not be measurable gravitational effects if an object that massive just shot through our solar system at that kind of velocity?

We don't know it's density, but it''s large enough to reflect an enormous amount of light, so if it's even CLOSE to solid, wouldn't a mass like that have some measurable influence on our system?

Jupiter, even as a gas giant, and it's late, ain't taking time to google

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 05:20 AM
link   
I remember reading about alien world ships that contains entire civilizations.
This could be one of them.

Wall-E come to mind

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 06:47 AM
link   
Well, the first thing I thought was that it didn't go behind but in front due to the brightness, we can't actually be sure. The only two things however that keep me open minded is:

a. The woman who filmed this isn't just someone who held their phone up once and caught this but someone who seems to film astrological footage every day [quote in clip]. So I'd assume that she knows the difference between insects, birds and actual anomalies.

b. The cigar shaped object that zoomed through our solar system recently. Showing that these things are out there, albeit not in such size but large and cigar shaped nevertheless.

Until that is all explained away I won't be slagging this off too soon but I am happy to change with more details. I find that people far too often throw the baby out with the bathwater in the name of what they believe to be common sense, hence maybe missing something incredible by doing so.

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 07:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lightdhype

originally posted by: carewemust
Space is so HUGE, you could have space-based lifeforms as big as suns flying around. Even if they lived a million years, and could "fly" at 10 times the speed of light, they'd never even come close to covering much of the universe.

Now that is certainly a powerful mental image. And totally possible too! I mean why not? We act like we know things about the universe but really even top scientists/physicists are only making educated guesses at most things.

Exactly....and those educated guesses are based on our collective knowledge as it stands now. A lot of what we take as 'scientific gospel' is based upon theoretical conjecture.

Demanding absolute proof goes both ways. Where's the PROOF that it's in front of Jupiter or it's a bug or satellite, etc.? There is none...as of yet anyway. However, it's so quickly dismissed as such because we cannot fathom the possibility of something that high tech existing in the first place.
It doesn't jive with what we think we know.

S&F nevertheless!

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 07:45 AM
link   
I believe whatever it is, it is going behind Jupiter. In the video at the 1:00 mark, I see a black dot, moving towards Jupiter. If it was to pass in front, I would see the black dot as it goes across Jupiter at the 1:02 mark, however it disappears like it goes behind. If it is indeed a bug, that is the slowest, straightest flying bug I've ever seen.

Just my take.

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Great OP, Star and Flag! What ATS is about! I have no clue what this is!

edit on 2-8-2018 by kurthall because: add

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Jupiter ... The Comet Nursery .... gotta love it !

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 10:21 AM
link   

If that's a ship, it would be absolute friggin huge and i can't see a ship being that huge!

What happened to Umumua? Wasn't that heading in that direction?

Are you sure it went behind/infront of Jupiter and not Through Jupiter?

Whatever it was, it was travelling at very high speed.. unless it was a bug!

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 10:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Baddogma

what's likelier; a ship larger than a planet

I agree with what you said accept for this part, size is relitive. If an ant had a ship what would ours look like? There is zero reason to think intellegent life needs to be our size. There are huge planets and huge suns out there compared to ours, maybe life forms 100 ft tall as an example, why not it would be dependent upong the condidtions of their planet. We have dinosaurs weighing over 30 tons, what if they were people? How big would they build a ship?
edit on 2-8-2018 by SeaWorthy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Im no expert, so im expecting an explanation...

But the "object" appears to go behind the glare made by the planet. For what that's worth.

I don't know about camera's and light - so feel free to tell me that's normal (if this is a bug!)

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Let's use some logic ok?

Any object traveling through our solar system that has the apparent size and magnitude of Jupiter would be seen traveling in the night sky. You would be able to see it as you would a satellite or space station across the night sky.

I am an amateur astronomer and there are literally thousands of other amateurs watching the night sky as well. There would be another astronomer viewing/recording Jupiter that same night not to mention the JUNO space craft now orbiting Jupiter that would have picked this up.

Now that said I do think that an alien craft just like our own would use Jupiter as a gravity assist to either change Velocity or direction. But as has been mentioned something that large would have gravitational effects on all the planets not just Jupiter.

So nope not a massive UFO passing behind Jupiter...

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 11:14 AM
link   
The physics of this just doesn’t seem right.

It’s not only the speed of that thing but imagine the size of it

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 11:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
The physics of this just doesn’t seem right.

It’s not only the speed of that thing but imagine the size of it

I agree.

But also tell me how a black hole, and the size of the sun seems logical. Everything outside of our planet is alien to us, we don't understand everything. There are thing's out there bigger than anything our imaginations can comprehend.

On this occasion, sure, probably a bug or something benine. But don't rule things out simply because they don't seem logical. Logic is thrown out the window the minute we leave our planet.
edit on 2-8-2018 by MrConspiracy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 01:24 PM
link   

"...not a bug or anything like that..."

Why not? I see no reason why it couldn't be some Earthly object close to the camera. Maybe a plane with the bright landing light on. Maybe a bird. Or maybe something a bit farther out, like maybe a satellite (but it seems to have been moving too fast across the frame for that).

He admits that it wasn't necessarily going "behind" Jupiter, and it could just be the outline of the object getting lost in Jupiter's brightness -- and then he dismisses that idea without giving any good reason for dismissing it other than "it looks like it's going behind Jupiter to me."

The elongated shaped could be due to the object's motion and the limitations of the camera.

edit on 2/8/2018 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 01:39 PM
link   
not a math major.. scientist.. anything... But

My HD camcorder records at 33 fps.

Even pointed way out to space.. it still records at 33 fps.

My question is ... if it was going at 10x the speed of light (thats what 3 million km a second if my math is right) how would it stay on film for 2ish seconds with that frame rate. Even pointed out to space like that at best it might of recorded on 1 frame as a long blur, not a point of light you could follow.

If i am wrong... be gentle..

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 01:48 PM
link   
It is a mashed tater chip can spacecraft.

Bug? Where do you peeps come up with such hypothetical answers.

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 02:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: howtonhawky
It is a mashed tater chip can spacecraft.

Bug? Where do you peeps come up with such hypothetical answers.

If the lens is set for the distance to see Jupiter what do closer objects look like? I don't know do you? There are a lot of others out there.

Similar video 2016

edit on 2-8-2018 by SeaWorthy because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join