It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HUUUUGE Cylindrical UFO Caught Traveling BEHIND Jupiter Posted On July 30

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Did this title get your attention? Well it certainly got mine, while I was browsing on YouTube looking for new UFO vids. The guy who uploaded this video, stated that this huge object, which was moving at a high rate of speed, actually travels behind Jupiter. Umm, that would make it one big azz UFO...in the same league as the Galactic Empire's Death Star...even though this object looks more like a flying Lightsaber. This luminous, cylindrical object, does appear to travel behind Jupiter. However, this is probably due to Jupiter being overexposed in the video, which makes the object appear to travel behind it, even though it's in the foreground. This guy zooms in on this capture, then inverts the contrast and states it's definitely not an artifact caused by a bird or bug. Why he doesn't conclude, that the object is just in the foreground is beyond me. Maybe it's just wishful thinking...for lots of views and ad revenue. It's still a cool video, just because the odds of catching something whizzing in front of Jupiter, is something that's not seen everyday. This object is moving quite fast and it really doesn't look like a bird or drone. Perhaps it's a satellite, or space junk? What do you think?

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 08:55 PM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

If that went behind Jupiter then the rate of speed would be phenomenal.

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 09:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: highvein

Incredibly large too.

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 09:07 PM
link   
anyone have the faintest idea what one of our satellites, would look like in reference to size, going by in the night sky, against Jupiter?

Like when i look up and see a sat. Going by, it looks pretty much like every other star in the sky, except that it’s moving.
Jupiter - to the naked eye, looks like every other star in the sky.

So if a satellite happened to cross by in the frame against Jupiter, would the satellite block big red out as it went by?

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 09:08 PM
link   
a reply to: highvein

Not only fast, but larger than earth.

Maybe it's that nebu...nemu...ne something planet.

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 09:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi
Not only fast, but larger than earth.

Maybe it's that nebu...nemu...ne something planet.

nibelung?

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 09:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: shawmanfromny
Did this title get your attention? Well it certainly got mine, snip

And mine. Very interesting video and a worthy thread for discussion, which will include the usual dumb replies. The computer enhancement is to be commended also. If that object would have been closer to us and, thereby, going in front of Jupiter, it would have been seen in the video's enhancement. At no time does the object appear to be in front of Jupiter. Something cannot disappear entirely. However, logically, it seems impossible to accept that it's not between us and Jupiter for that would mean an incomprehensible size and speed. It qualifies as a UFO. But it's difficult to accept size, speed and distance.

This seems to be in the same category as STS-75, the infamous tether incident.

edit on 1-8-2018 by The Shrike because: To add content

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 09:22 PM
link   
I doesn't really look like to went behind Jupiter, as said above the brightness of Jupiter washes it out while it passes in front. It's likely something close to Earth or even in Earth's atmosphere that just crosses the field of vision

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Speaking hypothetically, if an object was very small, and very near the camera, and happened to be reflecting light at about the same relative intensity as Jupiter, how would you judge whether it went behind Jupiter, as opposed to passing in front of it?

In the video close-ups, it seems to be EXACTLY the same intensity. Or exactly the same color.

So how would you know?

link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

Incredibly large too.

Your right it would easily be moving 10 times the speed of light and about twice the size of the earth. If a planet was moving that quickly it would also redshift and you would see the light change as it travelled. They filmed a bug flying by the camera,

link   

Maybe this sucker finally departed from Saturn's rings to head home?

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Incredibly large too.

Yeah. So large it would seem that it would have some type of gravitational effect on Jupiter.

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 09:45 PM
link   
The only thing that could travel that fast if it is behind Jupiter would be pure energy. It is going way faster than an asteroid would go.

I think it is in front of Jupiter and it is just a fireball in our atmosphere or maybe even some satellite or something

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 09:46 PM
link   
So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish.

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 09:54 PM
link   
"Definitely not a bird, definitely not a bug, er anything like that"

Alrighty then!

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 09:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr

Incredibly large too.

Your right it would easily be moving 10 times the speed of light and about twice the size of the earth. If a planet was moving that quickly it would also redshift and you would see the light change as it travelled. They filmed a bug flying by the camera,

Ding , ding , ding
The answer is above
Bug.

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 10:15 PM
link   
looks like an insect to me.

The color scheme just makes it look like it went behind.

The object and Jupiter or colored the same so it blends in with Jupiter as it passes.

Giving the illusion that it traveled behind.

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 10:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr

Incredibly large too.

This is the most logical reason but it does kinda remind me of Oumuamua.
edit on 1-8-2018 by drewlander because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 11:52 PM
link   
If this is a star ship travelling behind Jupiter, then it's mindbogglingly immense. From the video, it looks like it's about 1/2 the diameter of Jupiter. Jupiter is about 11 Earth's wide. So this UFO would be at least 5 Earths long! And that's if it passed close to Jupiter. If it's further away from Jupiter somewhere in the background, it could be even larger than the biggest planet in our solar system.

It would also have to be employing some type of anti-gravity technology. Because anything that huge moving through our solar system would totally wreck the orbits of some of the planets. And then it might unleash hell when it penetrates the Oort Cloud, hurling comets toward the inner solar system.

So, I think it's something in the foreground. That opens up all kind of possibilities; from a close-in view of bug to a more reasonably sized alien craft. I'll leave the rest of the speculation up to others.

-dex

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Space is so HUGE, you could have space-based lifeforms as big as suns flying around. Even if they lived a million years, and could "fly" at 10 times the speed of light, they'd never even come close to covering much of the universe.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join