It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Inner-City Pastors Praise President Trump as The Most PRO-Black President...EVER!.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 08:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Whatthedoctorordered

I didn't see the word Christian anywhere in the article. I descerned the Christian favoritism through the "faith based" qualifier and the list of only Christian pastors in attendance.

News Flash, Christianity isn't the answer to inner city crime.

+1 more 
posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 08:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
a reply to: carewemust

"This is probably the most pro-active administration regarding urban America and the faith-based community in my lifetime,"

The participants, from your source:

Outside Leadership included: Bishop Dale Bonner; Bishop Kelvin Cobaris, Impact Church; Senior Pastor “Choco” Wilfredo De Jesus, New Life Covenant; Pastor Michael E. Freeman, Spirit of Faith; Dr. Phillip Goudeaux, Calvary Christian Center; Senior Pastor John Gray, Relentless Church; Pastor Richard Hayes, Our Relentless Church; Bishop Darrell Lynn Hines, Christian Faith Fellowship Church of God in Christ; Senior Pastor Harry, Jackson Hope Christian Church; Dr. Alveda King, Alveda King Ministries; Pastor Julian Demond Lowe, Oasis Church; Dr. Van Moody, The Worship Center; President Willie G. Owens, Coalition of African American Pastors; Senior Pastor Benny Perez, The Church LV; Pastor Jon Ponders; Pastor Darrell Scott, New Spirit Revival Center; Bishop Kyle Searcy, Fresh Anointing House of Worship; Senior Pastor Paula White-Cain, New Destiny Christian Center; Marvin Winans Jr.

So, the Trump administration caters to Christians more than any other administration! Who would've thought! LOL

In inner city communities it is the church that leads them. So it makes sense that they talk to the church leaders.

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 08:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: caterpillage
But I thought he was the biggest, most hateful, most evil racist there ever was in the history of humanity???
Damn! I just can't get a handle on things these days

Those who get the majority of their news from CNN/MSNBC/Vanity/Slate/HuffPost, etc.. see nothing else except the President you described. Even if their own situation is better, they refuse to believe it... or find reasons to whine anyway.

+11 more 
posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 08:45 PM
link   

I didn't see the word Christian anywhere in the article. I descerned the Christian favoritism through the "faith based" qualifier and the list of only Christian pastors in attendance.

News Flash, Christianity isn't the answer to inner city crime.

Newsflash, they are doing more about it than you are.

Oh heres a new one, again you havent looked at their programs, so you have NO idea what they are doing.

Your ignorance of the whole thing, combined with the fact that you immediately condemned not only the President, but a whole group of Minorities, actually TRYING to do something for their communities is telling.

People on the left like you are exactly the opposite of what you try to make everyone else believe, and its disgusting.

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Maybe instead of acting an ignorant fool, you could look up their programs, how their active in the communities and what they are doing.

All the article told me was a bunch of Christian pastor were praising messiah Trump as the bestest president ever! Why don't you educate me and elucidate me as to the non-religious programs these Christian churches are offering and their success rates in keeping crime down.

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 08:46 PM
link   
a reply to: highvein

In inner city communities it is the church that leads them.

Really? A lot of inner city gang members are spending their days in church, uh?

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 08:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

You are absolutely right. I don't see Trump as being religious. He can seem clownish and immature but he does appear to be truly sincere in wanting all Americans to realize the American dream. Victimization psychology has proven to be the greater hindrance to that realization in reality.

Religion may seem like a crutch to many non-believers...but if it strengthens one's walk away from being a victim and creates the strength to overcome perceived challenges...I will never condemn. A crutch has always been helpful but one must always realize it is an instrumental tool to move forward to healing only.

Trump appears to recognize this and is attempting to provide a crutch and helping hand out to the nation to heal. I truly wish the naysayers would stop trying to kick the crutches out from those struggling!

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 08:47 PM
link   

This isn't about me. It's about the Trump administration catering to Christians.

+14 more 
posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Maybe instead of acting an ignorant fool, you could look up their programs, how their active in the communities and what they are doing.

All the article told me was a bunch of Christian pastor were praising messiah Trump as the bestest president ever! Why don't you educate me and elucidate me as to the non-religious programs these Christian churches are offering and their success rates in keeping crime down.

Wow so because all you saw was Trumps ne and black people praising his efforts......

All the sudden these pastors and community leaders aren't doing anything to help and should be condemned?

Dude that's some serious fking hatefulness right there man

Wow...........

+10 more 
posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 08:49 PM
link   

This isn't about me. It's about the Trump administration catering to Christians.

And that's bigotted........

More tolerant left on display huh? .......

Well keep it up........ Bout time the country saw the truth of where the real hate and intolerance comes from........
edit on 8/1/2018 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

+9 more 
posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 08:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

It could be that inner city pastors are asking for help and are finding someone who actually listens. That is the most consistent thing I have read from people that meet with this President is that he listens. Hopefully this will lead to action as well.

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 08:53 PM
link   
a reply to: CynConcepts

You are absolutely right.

Religion is a crutch, and inner city families don't need more crutches. They need jobs that provide dignity, quality education and stimulating extracurricular activities.

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 08:55 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

I never mentioned race or skin color. That's all you!
Calling out this administration's blatant favoritism to Christian organizations over secular organizations isn't bigotry.
edit on 1-8-2018 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

+8 more 
posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 08:57 PM
link   

So, what are these pastors going to do, pray the crime away, and preach the gospel to a literally captive prison audience? Why did the Trump administration think it best to call Christian Churches together to address inner city crime and for profit prison? Could it be this administration is blatantly catering to Christians?

Could be... Could it be that you have absolutely no idea what you're talking about??? Yup.

Maybe these are the only ones who give a rats' patootie. You don't even know and yet you're already judging them.

Why don't you actually find out, instead of presuming the worst?

+3 more 
posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 08:58 PM
link   

In inner city communities it is the church that leads them.

Really? A lot of inner city gang members are spending their days in church, uh?

They are talking about people who care about their community. Who do you think cares more for their community the thugs?

But no. Just because it is Trump you will find anything to scream at the sky about. Don't be that guy dude, not if you want to be taken anywhere in the vicinity of serious.

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 08:59 PM
link   

I have a serious aversion to Mike Pence's, and other cabinet member like Betsy DeVos and Ben Carson, authoritarian dominionistic brand of Christianity.

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 09:01 PM
link   

They are talking about people who care about their community. Who do you think cares more for their community the thugs?

So anyone whose not a Christian is a thug? Non-Christians don't care about their communities? Secular organizations are less valuable than Christian organizations?

+4 more 
posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 09:01 PM
link   

I never mentioned race or skin color. That's all you!
Calling out this administration's blatant favoritism to Christian organizations over secular organizations isn't bigotry.

Ummmmm...... People go to these Christian leaders because they are leaders in the inner city communities..... And respected by those communities.....

What organization would you have had him go to????

It seems clear to me your beef is w trump and Christianity........... And screw the minorities and inner city communities.......

That's some serious hate dude......

Maybe its time to reflect on yourself and stop projecting that hatred onto other groups that are actually active in their communities.....

Kinda trash rhetoric to be honest

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 09:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

Wow so because all you saw was Trumps ne and black people praising his efforts......

All the sudden these pastors and community leaders aren't doing anything to help and should be condemned?

Wow...........

This! The TDS is strong with him/her.

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Could be... Could it be that you have absolutely no idea what you're talking about??? Yup.

So, instead of tossing lofty Christian abstracts, why don't you illuminate me as to what Christian churches are actually doing in inner cities to stem the for profit prison pipeline? How is federally funding church activities better than funding secular community centers?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join