It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Inner-City Pastors Praise President Trump as The Most PRO-Black President...EVER!.

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2018 @ 01:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

Would life in inner cities be better without them?

posted on Aug, 3 2018 @ 01:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Lucius Driftwood

No. But the Trump administration didn't put this meeting together to address inner city life. They put it together to address inner city crime and prison reform. I'm not saying churches aren't doing good things in their communities, I'm saying that inviting only Christian ministers isn't really addressing the source of crime and punishment issues plaguing the inner cities.

posted on Aug, 3 2018 @ 01:49 PM
link   

So in your opinion, who should be invited? Gang members, for example?

posted on Aug, 3 2018 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Ex-gang members, sure. Law enforcement and prison officials, teachers and education officials, city council members and mayors, community organizers, doctors, major employers, are among a few types of people who should have been also invited, off the top of my head.

posted on Aug, 3 2018 @ 02:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

Ex-gang members, sure. Law enforcement and prison officials, teachers and education officials, city council members and mayors, community organizers, doctors, major employers, are among a few types of people who should have been also invited, off the top of my head.

As long as they arent christian tho right?

Because you hate christians

posted on Aug, 3 2018 @ 03:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Whatthedoctorordered

When did I ever say that?

Christianity never has been a cure for crime. Inviting only Christian ministers to address inner city crime and prison reform is the same as offering thoughts and prayers. Nice sentiment, but does nothing to fix the problems.

edit on 3-8-2018 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2018 @ 03:13 PM
link   

a reply to: Whatthedoctorordered

When did I ever say that?

Christianity never has been a cure for crime. Inviting only Christian ministers to address inner city crime and prison reform is the same as offering thoughts and prayers. Nice sentiment, but doesn't nothing to fix the problems.

Doing nothing at all is actually nothing to fix the problem.

posted on Aug, 3 2018 @ 03:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Like I said before, handing the responsibility of inner city crime prevention and prison reform to Christian churches is lazy. The lack of religious authority or community involvement isn't the source of inner city crime and problems within the prison system...in my opinion.

posted on Aug, 3 2018 @ 03:57 PM
link   

a reply to: Xtrozero

Like I said before, handing the responsibility of inner city crime prevention and prison reform to Christian churches is lazy. The lack of religious authority or community involvement isn't the source of inner city crime and problems within the prison system...in my opinion.

It seems your assumption is this is Trump's only avenue to deal with this problem and not just one of many. I agree with you that if all that Trump does is talk to these guys and says fix it and expects it all to be fixed he would be one stupid MO.

To tackle any problem it is much easier to chip at it than to try and "fix" it as one huge thing...this is a reasonable chip IMHO, but as chips goes we will need more to be successful.

posted on Aug, 3 2018 @ 07:04 PM
link   
because one black person speaks for all lol. hes in it for the power and money like everyone else

posted on Aug, 3 2018 @ 07:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: TXRabbit

originally posted by: Justoneman

Another swing and a miss Marxist style:
Obama's EPA did that, you don't care that it was his EPA do you? I should know how heavy handed they were to mom and pop places while allowing LEAD in the kids drinking water.

Obama's EPA fixed the water in Flint?? Fantastic!! I didn't know that. Thanks for the info

NO, they FAILED to fix it and are on record of giving BAD advice to boot.

Look it up.

posted on Aug, 3 2018 @ 07:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: TXRabbit

originally posted by: Justoneman

Another swing and a miss Marxist style:
Obama's EPA did that, you don't care that it was his EPA do you? I should know how heavy handed they were to mom and pop places while allowing LEAD in the kids drinking water.

Obama's EPA fixed the water in Flint?? Fantastic!! I didn't know that. Thanks for the info

NO, they FAILED to fix it and are on record of giving BAD advice to boot.

Look it up.

posted on Aug, 3 2018 @ 07:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
a reply to: Justoneman

What in your opinion is doing the right thing by other people, and if you're so morally superior why the petty insults ?

Well I never pretend with other people. That is big. I also hope to be telling the truth and I like to admit I was wrong when i am. Even if I don't like to BE wrong.

I also have been asked to share my ability to sing. So, as a middle class Scientist reading data charts by day, I moonlight as a singer in a Black Church and a White Church on Sunday's in a community divided by years of mistrust. That is very interesting contrast I will admit. Sarcastically speaking it is "can I get an Amen" in one church and shouting "hallelujah" and such other in the middle of the prayer.

I work with quite a few Africans, Europeans, ME Islamic or Hebrew, Asian and Hispanic LEGAL immigrants from all over the world and those with a Visa status on occasion. I totally enjoy these people and am finding they believe in freedom for all, just like me. One thing any of them will volunteer to say is that they don't understand our antifa's or anybody else bad mouthing living in America. They are saying "what spoiled babies those children are"? I am happy to share that with you.

Read it now and believe it later as it is the truth.
edit on 3-8-2018 by Justoneman because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2018 @ 10:37 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Regardless to what the article said, I live in a predominantly black neighborhood and most blacks do not care for Trump.

posted on Aug, 4 2018 @ 01:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: saucepan

Regardless to what the article said, I live in a predominantly black neighborhood and most blacks do not care for Trump.

You are correct. President Trump's approval rate in the Black Community stands at 29%. By definition, that means a MAJORITY of Blacks do not care for Trump.

NO White President is going to get anywhere near the 93% job approval rate that Barack Obama enjoyed in the Black Community.

But, President Trump is still 20 points HIGHER than he was the day after his January 2017 inauguration. His approval rate is moving in the right direction!

posted on Aug, 4 2018 @ 01:49 AM
link   
What perplexes me is how Black Celebrities aren't happy with how President Trump is attempting to address issues in the Black community.

Tonight, Don Lemon (CNN) was interviewing LeBron James (Basketball star). They were trashing President Trump so badly, that the President sent out this Tweet in response:

Lebron James was just interviewed by the dumbest man on television, Don Lemon. He made Lebron look smart, which isn’t easy to do. I like Mike!
Original Tweet: twitter.com...

President Trump has done more to financially help those in the Black Community over the past 12 months, than Lemon and James have done in their ENTIRE LIVES...combined.

posted on Aug, 4 2018 @ 04:09 AM
link   

So, Donald watches CNN? Or, maybe he accidentally saw the segment because Melania was watching. Who's Mike?

posted on Aug, 4 2018 @ 06:32 AM
link   

Trump is talking about the great Michael Jordan. There is debate on who's the better all time player. Lebron or Mike?

I like Mike too.

posted on Aug, 4 2018 @ 06:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: EchoesInTime

Trump is talking about the great Michael Jordan. There is debate on who's the better all time player. Lebron or Mike?

I like Mike too.

The "I like Mike" comment event was hilarious.
Oh, and having heard James speak, he clearly is as dumb as dog #.

posted on Aug, 4 2018 @ 06:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
What perplexes me is how Black Celebrities aren't happy with how President Trump is attempting to address issues in the Black community.

Tonight, Don Lemon (CNN) was interviewing LeBron James (Basketball star). They were trashing President Trump so badly, that the President sent out this Tweet in response:

Lebron James was just interviewed by the dumbest man on television, Don Lemon. He made Lebron look smart, which isn’t easy to do. I like Mike!
Original Tweet: twitter.com...

President Trump has done more to financially help those in the Black Community over the past 12 months, than Lemon and James have done in their ENTIRE LIVES...combined.

It should not be perplexing. To democrats, black celebrities are the slave class that keep the masses of black slaves on the plantation. For their service they get to keep their fame and wealth.

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18 >>

join