It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TSA considering eliminating screening at smaller airports

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 05:54 PM
link   
So I don't think this article states anything about the health risk that these miasma spewing machines create. But The TSA is citing a stupid reason why they are thinking about eliminating these screening procedures. But any reason why is a good reason in my book. My thinking is finally!

TSA considering eliminating screening

Its been a long time coming that this draconian and evasive policy be erased. To think that that just because I want to travel somewhere, IN MY OWN COUNTRY!! that I need to be prodded and poked and strip and be dosed with radiation. This was obviously the first shot across the bowel against privacy proponents. SO maybe with this privacy advocates like myself can gain some hope that privacy is not dead??

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 06:29 PM
link   
And 9/11 was still an inside job. It's all just so much theatre.

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 06:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: starviego
And 9/11 was still an inside job. It's all just so much theatre.

GWB, Dick Cheney and others certainly knew it was going to happen and let it, but an inside job? Did they plan and prosecute it? Probably not! They just let it happen because it fit in perfectly with their overall plans. Scumbags!

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 06:45 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlesT

I live in the UK and tbh some of the horror stories I have heard has really put me off visiting the USA. Think security is important with so many groups of people wanting to hurt us think there is a limit to what is acceptable and what is far too intrusive.

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 06:54 PM
link   
a reply to: American-philosopher

Its never been required for small airports to have screening. You might have to go through a metal detector and are on your way. Other airports just have security with no screening what so ever. the level of screening depends on what airports you can access from that location. most small airports only connect with other small airports locally.

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 07:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: ChristianParr

I live in the UK and tbh some of the horror stories I have heard has really put me off visiting the USA. Think security is important with so many groups of people wanting to hurt us think there is a limit to what is acceptable and what is far too intrusive.

We use to be a great freedom loving nation but sinister forces have taken over our government and we are devolving into a state of chaotic anarchy at this point. I'm old and have seen this coming for a while now and am completely disheartened knowing we have devolved to this state. So Sad!

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 07:29 PM
link   

I must say I visited the USA in 2001 and while I was young I felt very at ease (was 3 weeks before 9/11 in NYC) I kinda understand the knee jerk reaction post 9/11 as obviously it shocked the world what happened but all these years later I just don't get it. Osama whats his face is dead.. (along with thousands of middle eastern people) america sure looks the same, my friends I speak to are the same, but there is like an under current of hate not from the middle east as such but from america. I'd love to visit my friends over there but I am honestly # scared of being stopped, put in a jail or just refused before I even fly as happens so often it seems (I am a white english lad btw) i have zero political views on anything I simply want to stand in Times square and say to one of those hot dog sales people... I want a hot dog with everything on it! (I did it last time and it was #ing disgusting!!!) lol
Seriously though, I don't know much about american politics or anything like that it just scares me to come over and see your wonderful people and nation
That does make me sad

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 08:56 PM
link   
a reply to: ChristianParr

Dont let Charles scare you. It is far from chaotic anarchy here. The airport screenings can be annoying but outside of that Ive never been given a hard time outside of that. No groping either I fly frequently and I have gotten the scanner and the powder on your hands to check for bomb residue before but its never been more than a 5 minute ordeal.

Im a white guy with dark hair and a beard btw. As far as fear of getting stopped by police? I can see having that fear based on what you see in our media but to be honest if you just show some respect when interacting with any officials you will be totally fine. Also, being a foreigner will get you brownie points with the cops if anything as long as you have a valid ID to present.

We dont see many tourists from overseas here anyways, so if you were to get stopped, itd be a welcome change up to an officers average daily routine.

This is coming from a guy who has had many, many, many, run ins with the law both as an innocent civillian and otherwise.

Oh and screw visiting NYC. I mean sure, see Times Square for the experience. But other than that its all about checking out the beautiful landscapes and mountains out west in this country.

Maybe stop by the gulf to take a swim in an ocean that is warm as bathwater. Come to Colorado and ill tell you where to go to take in the full American experience and all the freedoms weve got if you so choose.

Ive visited and lived in many different states here and in my opinion the US can basically be broken up into several different countries just because the social and weather climate is so different. Youve got the South, the Northeast, the pacific northwest, the midwest, the west coast, the pacific northwest, the gulf coast, and then Texas and Colorado can pretty much fit in their own category each.

That all being said - screw the TSA. Theyve never prevented anything and exist solely to condition people and add to the beuracracy. Basically it is a bull# organization providing bull# jobs not actually necesarry but thats just how late stage capitalism goes.
edit on 1-8-2018 by Lightdhype because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-8-2018 by Lightdhype because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 10:41 PM
link   

In my teen years I passed through the border into Canada, from Maine, and there were completely vacant crossings. Gotta pick your battles.

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 04:40 AM
link   
I bet ya Little Rock Natioanal Airport will be one of the ones running down security.

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 05:31 AM
link   
Sounds like its going to be a hassle if your getting a connecting flight from one of these smaller air ports to a larger one. You'll have to be screened (with the general population?) at the larger air port. Lots of missed connecting flights I predict.

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 09:33 AM
link   
lol most of these complainers have never flown overseas and have no idea what *real* security is.

bad idea. the big airports are already overtaxed and they want to add more to their workload?

the fact is smaller airport TSAs find stuff that the larger airports miss.

I really, really hope this doesn't happen.

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 04:49 PM
link   

I have a friend who is a private pilot who always talks about how easy it is to gain access to airports, even big international ones. All he has to do is pull up to the gate, hit the call button, and say "My name is so-and-so and I'm piloting November One Two Three Alpha" and they buzz him right inside the secure area. No ID, no verification, just "Oh, you know a tail number of an airplane and say you're a pilot, come right on in!"

I've actually seen him do this a few times. You could literally look through the fence and pick a random tail number parked on the ramp and get into almost any airport in the United States.

I bring this up to illustrate yet one more reason why TSA is such a joke. Let's make sure my 15 year old daughter takes off her shoes, but let any joker pull up to a gate and pretend to be a pilot and get right past the secure area.

I'll never forget the time I thought I had lost my favorite pocket knife. TSA was kind enough to find it for me - on my RETURN flight. It was in my carry-on bag. Meaning they missed it on my flight out.
edit on 2-8-2018 by SurvivalJack because: spelling

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 09:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: ElGoobero
lol most of these complainers have never flown overseas and have no idea what *real* security is.

bad idea. the big airports are already overtaxed and they want to add more to their workload?

the fact is smaller airport TSAs find stuff that the larger airports miss.

I really, really hope this doesn't happen.

It IS very inconsistent from airport to airport. I just flew today, back from a trip to visit my sister. From DC (where I live), Reagan airport, I had 3 bags of powdered tea in my purse. Walzted right through security, they didn't flag my purse. Coming back, from the Tulsa airport today, they pulled my purse, took out the bags of tea and swabbed and tested the swabs. When I used to smoke, I could routinely get through security here in DC with a couple of lighters in my purse. From Tulsa, never. But BOTH airports are completely consistent though in pulling a bottle of hand lotion from my purse if I've left one in there that's more than 3 ounces. Last time in Tulsa I had forgotten I had an UNOPENED can of soda in my purse. They pulled that.

My son this trip, he had forgotten that he had a Swiss army/pocket knife in his backpack. He got through security in New York (Syracuse) just fine. They didn't mention the knife. So he thought ok, pocket knives are fine again. Nope: not in Tulsa. They pulled it. And he was upset, necUse its a pocket knife that his uncle gave him (my brother-in-law) who passed away a year ago from brain cancer.

The lack of consistency bothers me. Makes me think it's all bullsnip.
edit on 2-8-2018 by KansasGirl because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Turns out this was a FAKE story from FAKE NEWS CNN.

Surprised...NOT.

posted on Aug, 3 2018 @ 12:29 AM
link   
a reply to: SurvivalJack

Interesting story of note youve got there! One newer thing I have noticed - they will let you fly with any number of vaping / e cig devices right on your person or carryon no problem. I dont see an issue with it.

But a more knowledgable former military guy I know was shocked when I told him this and then went on to explain how easy it would be to cause an explosion with one of those devices if they so chose.

It is all about the illusion of security. If somebody wants to cause harm in an airport or plane, they will come up with a way, with minimal thinking required really.

top topics

join